This really is a thing of beauty

InkedAG

InkedAG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, Arsenal
This thread is the best thread ever!!! Thanks Nittany Metros!

theredmenace

theredmenace

2009 DOTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Thoughtcrime United
Great stuff, completely forgot about the Reyna "little things" running joke.

But no love for Conway's "Jungle Warfare" suspension?
Upsetting Shorts: Funny, so you don't have to. SEASON 2 BEGINS! NEW EPISODE JULY 2nd!!!

Eleazar: "Tim = wise man"

JUDDERMANG

JUDDERMANG

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal, USMNT
I've been lurking since about the middle of the WC but...

Is this a trap? I feel like I'm walking into the Alpha Beta house for initiation...

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
Welcome! All is safe, you just have to learn who to ignore ;)

adiamas

adiamas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
It's safe.. just a metric boat load of ex player and front office bashing.

Stay for a few months and you'll feel your fair share of player/office frustration.

There is no love like NY love.

There is no hate like NY hate.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Welcome! All is safe, you just have to learn who to ignore ;)

I'm confused, are you speaking about me here?

#RedBullOut

SteveB2

SteveB2

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Supports:Metro/RBNY
BRILLIANT!

A wonderful introduction to the newbies I expect to see flocking aboard.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

I'm confused, are you speaking about me here?

so far as who to ignore? lolz, the only one on here I wish I could ignore is that Harraby douchebag. forum trolls are awesome.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
The Present: Nothing like the Past

The New York Red Bulls were invited to play soccer in 2009 by MLS, and also had an invitation to play in the CONCACAF champions league. Citing a trip to the final, coach Juan Carlos Osorio declined an invite to both competitions and instead had his team sit out the entire 2009 season. He also decided to move, but (unlike Pitufo) stars scare JCO so he went to Colombia, where there are no scary stars on the flag. I will again post some completely random images

Posted Image
JCO shows his first expertly crafted fist pump, which he learned by taking notes in his notebook

Posted Image
:(

2009 also saw the end of the worlds greatest soccer stadium...Giants Stadium. GS was commonly referred to as "La Bombonera del Norte" mainly because it deserved to be leveled by a bomb(onera) about 10 years ago. Thank god we never have to deal with Yellow Shirts, George Zoffinger, NJSEA, having our parking lot closed down, holding cells, astroturf, field turf, football lines, tarps, red seats and vuvuzela's ever again.

This year has been absolutely nothing like anything we have ever seen before. We play attractive soccer in an absolutely fantastic ground, we have the core of a very strong team, and we have a fantastic and professionally run organization. Thierry Henry joins the squad in the best shape we have ever been in. I can say now that I have true hope in this club, in the people running the soccer side of things, and in our manager.

Hope.

Hope is something which can drive you crazy if unchecked. But goddamnit, we have never had a squad this good or this deep. We have never had a competent GM who understands the soccer side of things (this is not an exaggeration, we have NEVER had a GM the quality of Erik Soler). We have a manager who grasps and understands how important the rivalry with DC is, and we have a club that might actually be going somewhere. In short, we have a reason to believe. So, if you are hopping on right now, please understand why we are jaded. Try to understand what it has been like supporting this club for the past 15 years. Try and read through the funny shit I posted here, and really grasp the pain, sadness and agony this team has caused me through my childhood and into my early 20's now. We are a special breed of fan here, and we've been through hell and back for this club. Understand our history, embrace the lovable screw-ups we couldn't help but cheer for. Most importantly, stick with us. Don't jump ship when we tank (we will tank again, it is inevitable), and don't leave when Thierry retires. Supporting this club is something which you need to feel. There is no parallel in any professional sport in America. There's nothing like knowing the guys who play on your squad (Mike Petke, Carlos Mendes, Seth Stammler) by first name, and seeing them in an open cup match in the middle of bumblefuck. There is nothing like supporting this club anywhere else in the country. If this is your club, accept them for who they are.

Hope. We have hope.

And FUCKING THIERRY HENRY!

Posted Image
Troy Perkins just shit his pants.

#RedBullOut

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
That last post about 2010 almost brought a tear to my eye. Just beautiful.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
amen

hoboken16

hoboken16

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Pompey
An absolute brillant read!!!!

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
this should all be in our wikipedia page

and just use this post as the reference

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
How to be a fan of the New York Red Bulls

I'm 100% serious on all of this.

1) You must hate DC United above anything else. You must loathe them with all you have, and loathe everything they represent. Their fans are repugnant and smell of garbage. Their players are hacks, divers and the scum of the earth. Everything about DC United is shit, will always be shit, and NO ONE is our rival before them. You must take a trip to RFK for an away match to really appreciate just how much we do not like them. There is no feeling like beating DC on the road. Pure joy.

2) You need to be a masochist and/or have a high tolerance for pain. This club has a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and they will find a way to break your heart. For every Henry (actually there never has been anyone as good as him joining our squad at this stage in their career) there is a Branco or Sasa Curcic or Peter Canero. You will be disappointed, you will question your faith in the club, you will wonder what insane acid trip caused you to support Metro. But one day, when we do win that first cup...you will know what Nirvana feels like.

3) You must be willing to pick apart whatever decision is made by the club. This is the most important trait you can possess. You must also immediately insert any player who comes to the club into our starting lineup because he has to be better than (insert player who really isn't THAT bad here...or Dane Richards who actually is that bad). December 2010 edit: sorry for hatin Dane, you stepped up big time and proved me wrong.

4) Tom Fina has an anger and hatred that burns hotter than the fires of 1,000,000 suns. You will see him at Red Bull Arena. I promise.

5) Keep your sectarian shit at home. If you're a Nazi, we will FUCK YOU UP. We have zero tolerance for racists, or those who use this club as a means to further a political agenda. We are here for the football, and the football only. Fights happen, we can understand that shit. Rock throwing occasionally can happen as well, but we will not tolerate any sort of sectarianism or racism in our home ground.

6) You may take shots at the club, the decision making of the club, and call for someone to be fired if they fuck up. No one else can. No other supporter is allowed to talk shit on our club without us having to say something about it. Stand up for the club, stand up for your city.

7) Philly is a bunch of whiny bitches who are keyboard hooligans. Pay them no mind, their fan base will fall apart next year anyway.

8) You hate the NJSEA, George Zoffinger, Giants Stadium, Nick Sackiewicz, Piotr Nowak, Marco E**everry, astroturf, field turf, and Alexi Lalas. Trust us, you do. You hate DC United above all however.

9) Be loud in the stadium. Cheer on your side, stand up and scream. Flip off David Beckham, but politely cheer Landon Donovan (only once, after that go after him too). Give hell to the opposing player who has the audacity to take a corner near your section. Chant "You suck asshole" as the keeper hits a goal kick. We're Metro supporters, we're rowdy, and we don't give a fuck about any other MLS side. Our home, your hell. If you're sitting in one of the ends, it is your job to make the opposing keeper fear for his life. As he approaches, wave your firsts, curse him off, call him a pederast and make his life hell for 45 minutes.

10) There is an Angel walking amongst us.

That about sums it up.

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users