• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

markk

markk

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

What the hell was that last night.  Truly awful. What's the excuse?

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

What the hell was that last night.  Truly awful. What's the excuse?

That it was his third game in 9 months.

It's crazy to judge any players too harshly right now.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

That it was his third game in 9 months.

It's crazy to judge any players too harshly right now.

He looked much worse than other players though too, who were off. Not sure if he could not practice or whatever, but he was much worse than everyone else, who missed months of games too.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

He looked much worse than other players though too, who were off. Not sure if he could not practice or whatever, but he was much worse than everyone else, who missed months of games too.

Different players adjust to situations differently.

Like, we don't know how the pandemic has affected Parker personally. We don't know where he's at physically or mentally. So like, yeah, he was abysmal, but the list of possible reasons for that trash performance is basically endless.

Also, we always suck when we go to a 3 CB formation late in the game. Whoever is brought in as CB #3 usually fucks up majorly.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Armas mentioned he will definitely look to rotate so I definitely think all 3 center backs will get their starts. 

I'm not writing him off yet due to a shitty 7 minute sub appearance. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Different players adjust to situations differently.

Like, we don't know how the pandemic has effected Parker personally. We don't know where he's at physically or mentally. So like, yeah, he was abysmal, but the list of possible reasons for that trash performance is basically endless.

Also, we always suck when we go to a 3 CB formation late in the game. Whoever is brought in as CB #3 usually fucks up majorly.

Agree with you he could have had reasons to be as atrocious as he was, to put it mildly. But the fact is, the way it is looking now, he is a terrible option even as a sub, making us very thin defensively. Hopefully, he can gain some semblance of a game shape as the tournament goes along.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Let's be honest here, Parker's decline in play goes way further back than yesterday. 2019 Parker was a shadow of 2018 Parker. 2020 Parker is off to an even worse start.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
One more year left on his deal I think? Unless its an option year.

Think its another position they could use an upgrade in addition to FW and CM

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

One more year left on his deal I think? Unless its an option year.

Think its another position they could use an upgrade in addition to FW and CM

Depending on what his option year salary looks like (usually means an increase), I'd be inclined to decline if I'm Red Bulls and he doesn't turn it around soon. I think we can do better for a mid-level TAM player.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Depending on what his option year salary looks like (usually means an increase), I'd be inclined to decline if I'm Red Bulls and he doesn't turn it around soon. I think we can do better for a mid-level TAM player.

Careful what you wish for. Finding someone af the level of a (good) Parker is not the difficult part necessarily, but we can end up NOT spending the money and filling his spot with Nealis or another roster charge guy.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
Um... pretty sure he was bad last year too...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Parker was the guy Marsch was after for ~2 offseasons. If he has indeed fallen off somewhat, then Tarek has to get the nod at CB alongside Long. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Um... pretty sure he was bad last year too...

Parker, playing at the level he did last season (which was an anomaly for him), over the course of a season, is still likely better than Tarek or any other option we have currently. If that is his floor and we know what his ceiling is, I bet on him returning to prior form (because he is only 27 and would not expect significant decline yet) because that gives us the best chance of fielding the best possible iteration of our team.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
Past performance doesnt indicate future success. He wasnt good last year, got beaten out in practice by Tarek it seems, then performed terribly yesterday while Tarek was good. I dont think that deserves a start. When Parker comes on as a sub and gives good minutes, then he can start.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Careful what you wish for. Finding someone af the level of a (good) Parker is not the difficult part necessarily, but we can end up NOT spending the money and filling his spot with Nealis or another roster charge guy.

I'm keeping the glass half full on this one and hoping that they at least spend all the TAM available to them. It does disappear after a year or two if they don't use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users