Jorgensen

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Jorgensen (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Opinion on Jorgensen's play

1. Trash (7 votes [12.28%])

Percentage of vote: 12.28%

2. Basura (9 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

3. Give him some more time. You'll see. (41 votes [71.93%])

Percentage of vote: 71.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Now if you wanna argue they should've seen more than 13 games from him, I'll agree with you.

No way. This is how young player signings work in the modern game. Red Bull Salzburg signed Naby Keita for 1.5 million on the back of 23 appearances in Ligue 2. RB Leipzig sold him for 60 million four years later.

Not every signing will hit (this isn't a judgment on Jorgensen; none of us have seen enough of him to decide one way or the other), but they don't all have to in order for the exercise to be worthwhile.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
His highlight thus far is getting subbed into the CCL game vs Santos and the doors coming completely off soon thereafter.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Was he brought in for any other purpose than RB hoping to sell him somewhere in a year or two for a profit?

I just don't understand how Hamlett/Armas can spend so much on a young player that is so underwhelming. Usually you see glimpses of something, but with Jorgensen so far it's been just a bunch of anonymous cameos with the first team.

The first team needs a quality attacking talent that can contribute right away with goals and assists -- and this was the guy they spent all of their shoestring budget on? Unless RB Global just dumped the guy in New York and said 'here you go'...I don't get this signing.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Extremely small sample size.

That said, he looked super awkward to me on Saturday, and picking up a yellow for dumb shit like that is unacceptable.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Was he brought in for any other purpose than RB hoping to sell him somewhere in a year or two for a profit?

Did RB sign the wrong Jorgensen?
https://en.m.wikiped...thias_J?rgensen
Metro did that in the early days.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Want to see one start with him alone up top just to get a slightly better idea.  Last game would have been interesting but we stopped pressing by the time he came in.  

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Any young player purchased by any MLS team is for the purpose of selling them for a profit in a few years. That's just soccer unless you're a Champion's League contender.

This kid looks like way more of a project than we would have hoped for though. Like you said, there hasn't even really been a glimpse of his value yet. He looks lost out there and doesn't have the physical tools to brute force his way through the adjustment period. Kendall Waston brushed him aside like a fly in their one duel this weekend, and he hasn't shown blazing speed to just run by guys like that either.

Armas has called out his ability to run on to balls over the top and his finishing as his strengths, maybe you can argue we haven't put him in a position to highlight that yet but the rest of his game seems too far behind to expect much of him in 2019.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

If Metro was it's ownership's sole pride and joy, the 2.5 mil would've been used on a player that could help us now, as opposed to possibly helping Salzburg or Leipzig in a few years.*

*Red Bull out, all day. NYNJ deserves better

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

he has some talent and physical skill but he hasnt learned to put it together. i think he would benefit to play in the USL team, learn the system and then try him with rbny. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
No more-developed player would want to come here and ride the bench behind B Dubs... or you end up with a Veron situation. It made sense to bring in a younger guy and develope him to be ready for when the wheels come off 99. But getting the right player and getting the timing right is awfully difficult.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Who?  :)+

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

No more-developed player would want to come here and ride the bench behind B Dubs... or you end up with a Veron situation. It made sense to bring in a younger guy and develope him to be ready for when the wheels come off 99. But getting the right player and getting the timing right is awfully difficult.

Fair points. Would've rather seen a TAM-level 2nd striker signing and that cash load being spent on a ready-to-make-an-impact winger like Nani. And if Jorgie does pan out, he will be gone to Europe with the quickness.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Would've rather seen a TAM-level 2nd striker signing and that cash load being spent on a ready-to-make-an-impact winger like Nani. And if Jorgie does pan out, he will be gone to Europe with the quickness.

I mean theyre not mutually exclusive. Why they didnt get a striker project AND an impact winger is beyond me. I mean its not beyond me. Theyre idiots so...

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Well, he is proving he can score on the USL level.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

Well, he is proving he can score on the USL level.

He is looking good in the 2nd half

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users