I have one for each Shield!

Post game hats/t-shirs lol

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

All of us want the team to win MLS Cup. Also USOC.
IDGAF about everyone else. I ignore them.
I have said it before: Shield winner is the best.
Cup winner is the luckiest.
A first or second place team could get to the final without winning any of the four games they play in the conference semi-finals or finals, by advancing on away goals. How does that make them the best, if the only game they win is the last one, possibly only on PKs?

Colorado won MLS Cup in 2010, which is all the proof we need that the MLS Cup winners are not the best team in the league.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The fact that we're taking today to argue about cup vs shield is the dumbest shit on earth.  Win them both.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
I'm not arguing that the winner of any playoff in any sport is the best team, just that they are the champions lol. Rb2 had a mediocre year and look where they are headed

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

The fact that we're taking today to argue about cup vs shield is the dumbest shit on earth.  Win them both.

The shield people are content if we dont win the cup. There lies the problem.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Shield is already won, what's to argue?

I have more confidence in this team than I've had in years, winning the Shield from where we were a month ago is a huge accomplishment - we got a bit lucky but still did what had to be done. 

Hopefully they keep it up in the playoffs.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I'm not arguing that the winner of any playoff in any sport is the best team, just that they are the champions lol.

I would like this printed on a t-shirt. I would order maybe 100 of them

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Bingo.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

I can't even remember who won MLS Cup the last five years. That's how little it matters to me.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I can't even remember who won MLS Cup the last five years. That's how little it matters to me.

Keep on beating that dead horse.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

who won MLS Cup the last five years.

Simple answer: not us.
Silly that we are debating this the day of and after the big Shield win!
Enjoy it! Celebrate it! Cherish it!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Watch out celebrating the Supporters Shield around here. A lot of people here agree with Philly that it doesn't count. Probably because we won it and they are gluttons for misery.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
I would accept playoffs if they were seven game series so we would just need to add multiple months to the season to do that ( one match per week) and the playoffs would be 100% legitimate.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Fuck being "the best team in the league". I want to be the CHAMPION of the league, which involves winning the CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY, which in the men's professional soccer league (division 1) in the country we live in (the United States of America, to clear up any doubt) is the MLS CUP.

I enjoyed winning the shield and am glad to have been part of a historic regular season run, but as the 18-1 New England Patriots proved - if you don't win in the playoffs, you're an afterthought.

This still wont be clear enough for some

MLS Cup winner are the 'MLS CUP Champions,' not the Champions of the league.

Except for one guy, no one who wanted them to win the Shield ever said we don't want them to win the cup, there were more 'who cares about the shield' comments than the reverse.  

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
Robles confirms Cup importance:
http://soc.cr/KwAU30mu8la

In Major League Soccer and American sports, its about who holds the trophy at the end, Robles said. I know in other leagues it can be said the best team at the end of the regular season is the winner, but those are other leagues. I dont play in those leagues. I play in Major League Soccer and in Major League Soccer the ultimate champion is the MLS Cup winner.

Lets get it done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users