Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Figure we can keep track of who's out on a rolling basis;

First USMNT camp of 2019 and Greg Berhalter 

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (4): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 1/0), Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 5/0), Tyler Miller (LAFC; 0/0), 
Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 6/0)

DEFENDERS (10): Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 2/0), Greg Garza (FC Cincinnati; 10/0), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 2/0), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact/CAN; 0/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Keegan Rosenberry (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Auston Trusty (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 4/1)  

MIDFIELDERS (10): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 23/2), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 17/2), Corey Baird (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 142/17), Russell Canouse (D.C. United; 0/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 6/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 5/1), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 5/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 11/0)

FORWARDS (3): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; 0/0), Christian Ramirez (LAFC; 0/0), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 40/6)

Only Long gets called up, really surprised no Parker no idea why unless he thinks he's already part of that core squad. Also looking at those mids no idea why Davis doesn't get a look.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

The less RB players the better. The US team is not going to change at the top, and it still will not win anything besides the Gold Cup on home soil. Going to these camps will lead to a line in your resume, a helpful pay check for a low-salaried player, and a possible injury.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
This team still looks like trash.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

no Parker is strange. 

Davis is as good as than Roldan, Trapp or Delgado but Berhalter has his preferences.  Too bad for Sean as he had excellent year and probably deserves it.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

This team still looks like trash.

January camp is always the B/C team.

Outside of the game in Atlanta, Parker had a really strong end to the season. Surprised he's not in there too.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Good thread idea.

This squad says to me that Parker is #5/6 on the CB depth chart. Brooks, Miazga, Long, Zimmerman (I thought he was going to Liga MX?), with CCV probably somewhere in there, and Parker following them. There's no way Berhalter actually rates McKenzie and Trusty above him.

Sean Davis is better than Delgado, Trapp, and is as good as Roldan, but I'm not surprised he didn't get a call-up.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Sean davis has been getting snubbed by us soccer for a very long time.

I remember when tab ramos was calling metzger over Sean davis for the USA youth teams.

Delgado was terrible this year and roldan looks lost in his last few call ups. I dont understand why they are getting looks.

Parker also needs to be called up. One of the best defenders in MLS. Long and Parker should start in these friendlies.

Also when parker and davis played against Mexican clubs, they didnt look lost. They held there ground. That experience should count for something

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
We all love Davis and he'll be starting for RB for years to come. But a NT callup would be nothing more than a reward for being a good MLS player. USMNT needs more than sideways passing and a decent defensive motor at CM. He hasn't even flashed his good shot for a couple of years now.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

We all love Davis and he'll be starting for RB for years to come. But a NT callup would be nothing more than a reward for being a good MLS player. USMNT needs more than sideways passing and a decent defensive motor at CM. He hasn't even flashed his good shot for a couple of years now.

Sure, but Delgado and roldan dont even have a shot

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

When asked about Parker, Berhalter said that he hadn't spoken to him yet but plans to. Probably not a good sign that he wasn't even contacted prior to Camp Cupcake, and a little unfair IMO seeing the other names on the roster.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

When asked about Parker, Berhalter said that he hadn't spoken to him yet but plans to. Probably not a good sign that he wasn't even contacted prior to Camp Cupcake, and a little unfair IMO seeing the other names on the roster.

[Parker's] a guy that was in strong consideration, he had a great MLS season," Berhalter said. "The issue with center back, were deep across the pool. In this particular case we decided to go with younger athletes. Like all players, Tim has an opportunity through his play to get an opportunity."

https://www.mlssocce...halter-explains
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

[Parker's] a guy that was in strong consideration, he had a great MLS season," Berhalter said. "The issue with center back, were deep across the pool. In this particular case we decided to go with younger athletes. Like all players, Tim has an opportunity through his play to get an opportunity."

https://www.mlssocce...halter-explains

I kinda like bringing in the Union guys cause they like 18/19 or whatever but imagine watching MLS all season, being a coach in it and coming to the opinion that Zimmerman is better than Parker.

Glad again im ok with but why 3 kids and not 1.

IMO if you're bringing in 5 MLS cb's which he's done here you should go.

Long

Parker

One of Zimmerman / Hedges

Two of Glad / Trusty / Mckenzie

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

I kinda like bringing in the Union guys cause they like 18/19 or whatever but imagine watching MLS all season, being a coach in it and coming to the opinion that Zimmerman is better than Parker.

Glad again im ok with but why 3 kids and not 1.

IMO if you're bringing in 5 MLS cb's which he's done here you should go.

Long

Parker

One of Zimmerman / Hedges

Two of Glad / Trusty / Mckenzie

Kids are there to get some seasoning before Olympic qualifying kicks off soon.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Davis and Parker got screwed, so I feel bad for them personally, but I'm 100% for keeping our players as far from the dumpster fire that is US Soccer as possible.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

January camp is always the B/C team.

Outside of the game in Atlanta, Parker had a really strong end to the season. Surprised he's not in there too.

They had wil trapp as the captain in most of the last bunch of games.

Not sure if the New York Mets strategy is really the way US Soccer ought to go.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users