24 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Should he be in the hot seat just as much as Armas? Or does it not matter, since RB Global are so cheap and won't spend money on players anyway, essentially making the sporting directors just figureheads collecting paychecks each week.

Hamlett's key acquisitions from outside the organization: Trade for Parker, Murillo, Kaku

Other moves under his tenure: Jorgensen, Epps, Ivan, Duncan, Duka, Keita, Gulbrandsen

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

The whole organization should be fired. Thierry Henry should become the sporting director/GM and Woly should be promoted as head coach of the first club. Then our budget needs to be expanded by 10 million a year (for DP'S) combined with the great academy we have and that will make Metro a winner. This needs to be implemented immediately to save the season. The academy is great but it isnt a perfect solution as the players sometimes just arent MLS material but at least we have the academy.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The whole organization should be fired. Thierry Henry should become the sporting director/GM and Woly should be promoted as head coach of the first club. Then our budget needs to be expanded by 10 million a year (for DP'S) combined with the great academy we have and that will make Metro a winner.

I could get behind this.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I can't wrap my head around Hamlett having access to the funds necessary to get another DP and just not using it, that piece at least has to fall on Red Bull.

Interesting question for Hamlett to consider though - what happens next time he has an unsettled player pushing for a move? Kaku and Murillo are both players who wanted out this winter (Murillo for even longer) and now both players look fully checked out. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Should he be in the hot seat just as much as Armas? Or does it not matter, since RB Global are so cheap and won't spend money on players anyway, essentially making the sporting directors just figureheads collecting paychecks each week.

Hamlett's key acquisitions from outside the organization: Trade for Parker, Murillo, Kaku

Other moves under his tenure: Jorgensen, Epps, Ivan, Duncan, Duka, Keita, Gulbrandsen

I just doubt any of us understand his situation well enough to decide.  How many of these guys were his decision?  How many times was he stopped from signing someone he wanted?   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i think Hamlett and Armas are a package deal.  if TH14 is coming over, they will have to give him full control (i.e head coach and also GM).

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

i think Hamlett and Armas are a package deal.  if TH14 is coming over, they will have to give him full control (i.e head coach and also GM).

Not sure I buy into that.   I'd expect he would want and get some say about bringing in one or two meaningful guys, but I doubt he wants the headaches associated with GM stuff.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Hamlett says that the rumor of TH going to us is false. 

Hamlett's quote didn't mention anything about RB Brasil/Bragantino, Salzburg or Leipzig. Quite possible that if TH is hired by RBG, it'll be for one of those teams or just some random "RBG Consultant/Ambassador" thing.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Hamlett says that the rumor of TH going to us is false. 

Hamlett's quote didn't mention anything about RB Brasil/Bragantino, Salzburg or Leipzig. Quite possible that if TH is hired by RBG, it'll be for one of those teams or just some random "RBG Consultant/Ambassador" thing.

Is it also in the realm of possibility that this is a classic case of the left hand (RBNY management) not knowing what the right hand (Austrian ovetlords) is doing?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Is it also in the realm of possibility that this is a classic case of the left hand (RBNY management) not knowing what the right hand (Austrian ovetlords) is doing?

It is a possibility. All the rumors are being generated from Europe (RBG land) and being denied stateside.

You would have to assume Hamlett discussed the rumors with RBG before releasing a statement, unless
a) Hamlett is denying until something is finalized re:Henry
b) RBG are withholding information from RBNY and Hamlett
c) the rumors are actually bs

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Let's be honest... Henry coming here makes no sense going by how Red Bull has been doing things.  He's not a system guy and this has been all about the system since Rangnick has been in charge.

I'd be absolutely shocked if there's any legitimacy to it at all.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
The only way rbny link to Henry makes sense is if Henry is going to become the Academy Director. The position is currently vacant.

There were rumors that MLS was going to lift the recruitment boundaries. Having a big name like Henry convince youth players to pick rbny instead of Europe or another MLS club could be an interesting strategy.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

I just doubt any of us understand his situation well enough to decide.  How many of these guys were his decision?  How many times was he stopped from signing someone he wanted?   

Agree completely, but someone has to take the blame for the roster shortcomings.

I would lean toward more players being brought here that aren't his idea and RB Global rearranging their bookshelves.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Blowing everything up because of six bad games when this has been one of the best-run organizations in the last 5 years. The epitome of fan knee-jerk emotions.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Blowing everything up because of six bad games when this has been one of the best-run organizations in the last 5 years. The epitome of fan knee-jerk emotions.

Every player is performing worse though compared to last season.

Armas and the roster are big problems and something has to be done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users