defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

https://www.skysport...nder-aaron-long

Always thought Long was the most likely to leave, they take Long well take Sims

100% would rather get Sims back with cash.  Can't imagine them doing a good job replacing Long AND scouting a new "high end" offensive piece.  Also where is this head scout that was supposed to be hired by now?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

IIRC, a lot of people blamed Red Bull for not letting him go this year.  This says he could have gone to West Ham but couldn't get a work permit.

How reliable is that "$6M release clause" they mention?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
What is this offering that keeps happening? Is Longs agent just calling up PL clubs on speed dial?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Once again, the release clause is mentioned, but, according to K. Dyer, "there is no release clause".

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
How about no and rb global spends 3/4 million on an attacking piece and we keep long.

They have the money.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
If true youll have to think this will essentially be a sims for long trade.

I just hope that whatever allocation money we get washes away sims DP status so we can focus on 2 high quality Dps this winter. (A DP level forward and a high quality DP CM)

-Dp-
Royer-kaku-sims-
casseres-dp
Taxi-parker/gamduncan
meara/robles-

5 year plan

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

sounds like a good fit. 

lets have Sims come back

Good luck Aaron!!

Hope its not a case of be careful what you wish for - always wanted to play in EPL and then get to join a team getting shelled and in a relegation fight in Nov.   Best of luck I think he will rise to the occasion!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

IIRC, a lot of people blamed Red Bull for not letting him go this year.  This says he could have gone to West Ham but couldn't get a work permit.

Not how it works, an offer needs to be accepted first for the work permit application to happen.

As discussed ad nauseum at the time, Long didn't qualify for an automatic work permit (he does now), but there are appeal processes that teams can go through for such players, in case clubs agree on a transfer (which they didn't).

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

How about no and rb global spends 3/4 million on an attacking piece and we keep long.

They have the money.

Holding back a NT player from an upward transfer (status-wise and financially) is not a beneficial move in the long run. They certainly need to spend and bring players in, but if there's a bona fide offer for Long, just saying "no" doesn't make sense. Negotiating the best possible price is, of course, perfectly reasonable.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Not selling players who have higher aspirations assuredly led to some of the play regression we saw this season. One of the many factors of course...but we need to start selling while the value is still there.

Bigger issue is Hamlett and Armas finding a replacement and integrating them relatively quickly, which I dont have much confidence in.

Murillo was held onto too long and now his value has disintegrated. Parker got paid and his play tanked. Its a delicate dance.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

So either Southampton or Marseille. Fine by me, thanks for everything Aaron. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Holding back a NT player from an upward transfer (status-wise and financially) is not a beneficial move in the long run. They certainly need to spend and bring players in, but if there's a bona fide offer for Long, just saying "no" doesn't make sense. Negotiating the best possible price is, of course, perfectly reasonable.

"Negotiating the best possible price" requires the option to say no.   If you don't retain the option to walk away, you won't get a good price.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Holding back a NT player from an upward transfer.

Is it an upward transfer? Just because he is going to the EPL, it is not guaranteed hell be on an upward trajectory. He is going to a team that will most likely be relegated. It is not guaranteed hell start, the majority of the games hell be there for. Why rock the boat when you have regular playing time and still have exposure to the NT? Right now, Berhalter has him as a lock CB, as an MLS defender!! The lure of the EPL will not make you a better player, especially at his age.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Is it an upward transfer? Just because he is going to the EPL, it is not guaranteed hell be on an upward trajectory. He is going to a team that will most likely be relegated. It is not guaranteed hell start, the majority of the games hell be there for. Why rock the boat when you have regular playing time and still have exposure to the NT? Right now, Berhalter has him as a lock CB, as an MLS defender!! The lure of the EPL will not make you a better player, especially at his age.

He's limited in how far he can develop here.  No guarantees of anything there, but at least there is upside potential.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users