1063 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Our owner decided to steal Tyler Adam's from us at sickly below market transfer fee, did jack shit to fix the wings in the offseason and you wanna blame Armas?

Fuck that, blame the guys who decided 3 million and a sell on fee 10 years later was a good fucking deal for selling a starting buli player. We were fucking robbed on transfer fee and haven't done a thing to address the midfield since that sale. They had all offseason to prepare and did nothing.

This is a minor league team. All money goes to academy, all top level players get sold in a year. This is the result of that strategy. Was only a matter of time wed have a year where it caught up to us.

You've gotta be kidding if you don't think Tyler was going somewhere this winter, whether it was Leipzig or elsewhere in Europe. And the way Tyler's playing, that huge sell on fee is gonna look pretty sweet when it comes.

Losing Tyler and only Tyler should not account for going from a record setting team to one that's deservedly towards the bottom of the table and out of CCL. How do you not look at Armas?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

You've gotta be kidding if you don't think Tyler was going somewhere this winter, whether it was Leipzig or elsewhere in Europe. And the way Tyler's playing, that huge sell on fee is gonna look pretty sweet when it comes.

Losing Tyler and only Tyler should not account for going from a record setting team to one that's deservedly towards the bottom of the table and out of CCL. How do you not look at Armas?

Got to look to the terrible passing Armas doesnt pass the ball or leave a player WIDE OPEN AT THE 17 or cause the ball to take 2?lucky bounces- that being said we look disjointed and anemic in the attack.
Stop forcing Jorgensen in let him develop at RB2
Play Omir

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Our owner decided to steal Tyler Adam's from us at sickly below market transfer fee, did jack shit to fix the wings in the offseason and you wanna blame Armas?

Fuck that, blame the guys who decided 3 million and a sell on fee 10 years later was a good fucking deal for selling a starting buli player. We were fucking robbed on transfer fee and haven't done a thing to address the midfield since that sale. They had all offseason to prepare and did nothing.

This is a minor league team. All money goes to academy, all top level players get sold in a year. This is the result of that strategy. Was only a matter of time wed have a year where it caught up to us.

Its been 4 months since his sale. For all we know, he could get sold for an even bigger transfer fee soon. Reports that top teams are already looking to buy him. Way too early to judge that transfer. Tyler Adams was leaving for Europe no matter what MLS team he was playing for.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

This is the worst form I have seen this team in since before Petke was manager. As others have said, we aren't even creating chances. And he even keeps admitting "the other teams have figured us out and we don't have an answer".....that's his job to figure that out! If this form continues, I wouldn't give him much longer.  3-4 more games maybe.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Got to look to the terrible passing Armas doesnt pass the ball or leave a player WIDE OPEN AT THE 17 or cause the ball to take 2?lucky bounces- that being said we look disjointed and anemic in the attack.
Stop forcing Jorgensen in let him develop at RB2
Play Omir

Jorgensen was the marquee offensive signing going into this year. Therefore he can't be with RB2. He needs to be banging in goals with the first team.

If he can't do that now, I don't know why they signed the kid then. The window to win is now, not when BWP leaves.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Jorgensen was the marquee offensive signing going into this year. Therefore he can't be with RB2. He needs to be banging in goals with the first team.

If he can't do that now, I don't know why they signed the kid then. The window to win is now, not when BWP leaves.

Window closes April?
Yawn

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think you're vastly under-estimating how good Tyler Adams is.  That kid went into the Bundesliga, is starting, and looking damn good doing it.  While MLS quality has risen it's not close to the BuLi.  MLS is more akin to BuLi2 or English Championship level.  It's rare to have that a top 3 league starting XI player on your squad, that type of kid can mask deficiencies.

We went from starting him to starting a rotational bench piece (Rza) and a 17 year old.  Our top striker is 33, can only play a single striker role.  The kid we signed as second striker has 13 senior games to his credit and our wings are still DEJ, Muyl, Royer and occasionally mixing in a kid for a hopeful start or minutes (Omar Epps).

Big picture?  The roster ain't that good.  The midfield is a problem.

#RedBullOut

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

The kid we signed as second striker has 13 senior games to his credit and our wings are still DEJ, Muyl, Royer and occasionally mixing in a kid for a hopeful start or minutes (Omar Epps).

Omarepps.jpg

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

The roster could definitely be better but if Marsch was back here then there's no question we'd be a top team in the league again.  And that just proves the coach is an issue.

Armas is obviously a problem.  He's flip flopping players like crazy and now extreme changes to the formation.  We don't look at all like ourselves and I'm sure the metrics prove that in terms of forced turnovers.  Stevie Wonder could see that there is an effort issue too.  THat's never been a question before.

Also sucks that EVERY GAME we start off looking bad.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Window closes April?
Yawn

What?

The window as in for this team to go all the way. BWP, Robles and the defense probably aren't going to be around much longer.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Anything less than 3-4 points from @SKC and @NE and that home match vs. Cincy is going to be a tense affair.

2 losses in those matches and he might be coaching for his job

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Agreed. If the team is floundering this badly by the time May rolls around, the FO would be silly not to at least consider a change.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

What?

The window as in for this team to go all the way. BWP, Robles and the defense probably aren't going to be around much longer.

There is something to be said about that window but really, it only applies to BWP.

The defense (the important 3 pieces anyway) should be in their prime for a few more years.

The window with BWP is very likely closing after this season.  You have to figure that's why they brought in the kid.  

As for coach, I don't like the things I've seen from Armas at all but they have to give him until the summer.  Outside of the team losing every game anyway.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The roster could definitely be better but if Marsch was back here then there's no question we'd be a top team in the league again.  And that just proves the coach is an issue.

We have no idea.  The team looked better with Armas than Marsch last year, so who knows.  I'm bearish this roster and was going into the season.  That we're struggling does not surprise me.  We've ridden some incredible form and injury luck with BWP for the past several seasons.  That luck appears to be running out.

Its been 4 months since his sale. For all we know, he could get sold for an even bigger transfer fee soon. Reports that top teams are already looking to buy him. Way too early to judge that transfer. Tyler Adams was leaving for Europe no matter what MLS team he was playing for.

And if Tyler has injury problems we end up with nothing.  There's no reason whatsoever for Red Bull to sell a kid that they just got for $3 million, none at all. They'll sell Werner first.

Instead, we're left here holding our hands out praying he fetches a $30+ million dollar transfer fee to avoid this being one of the worst deals in our young history.  It's a disgrace, and no other club would've gone for this deal for that little up front.

Who gives a flying fuck if we get 10 million in 5 years.  None of the guys on this squad will be here anyway.

#RedBullOut

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I think you're vastly under-estimating how good Tyler Adams is. 

I fully appreciate how good Tyler is, I just cannot get behind the idea that one player on any team in the world is so important that losing them sends you from one of the best in the league to one of the worst. Didn't buy it when people said we lost to Atlanta cause Kemar was out, not buying losing Tyler as an excuse for this seasons performances so far.

I'm not happy the FO didn't make more impactful improvements either, but we're still the same team we were last year minus one player. I would totally understand a slight drop off in play. But we are not seeing a slight drop right now, we're plummetting off a cliff.

The coach and players are quite literally saying out loud, multiple times already this season, that teams are figuring them out. Not sure how you can see that and absolve the coaching staff of any blame like you are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users