240 replies to this topic

C'Mon U.S.!

C'Mon U.S.!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • Supports:West Ham, USMNT

Is this where I'm supposed to scramble and enumerate all the ways why I shouldn't be painted with such a damning brushstroke? :lol:
Just so you take my words a little more seriously, sure: I wrote an email to Heck telling him why I'm not purchasing ticket packs next year, just the other day I wrote to Red Bull in Austria basically telling them how they're crap in many areas and they need to shape up or sell, I've been known to say "Fuck Red Bull GmbH", frequently call for protests and I personally (but I'm OK with others' preferences) say Metro.

Phew, am I relieved of the apologist label which will see me banished from this heavenly domain? :)

BTW, I enjoy that I've been called a Red Bull apologist and a Red Bull hater by different people.

I've already said that I think it's shameful how little homage Red Bull has paid to pre-Red Bull history..? They don't care at all and it's a huge strike against them.

Incorrect descriptions, just for the sake of being ideological, do nothing to enhance anyone's position. All of your vitriol against this team (which would be better suited on the NY2 Refuse To Pay Academy Bills boards on BS, which I know you've tried to be a moderator on), do not change the fact that Red Bull did not erase the MetroStars history (probably not out of the goodness of their heart and they've certainly not celebrated it sufficiently) and are playing in the same location. That's what was being discussed.

It's the same thing as with any discussion around here. I may be strongly in favor of Red Bull selling to another owner if a suitable candidate arose, but it doesn't mean that if management does something well (such as hiring Petke and Wolyniec, building a stadium suited for real soccer fans, spending money on players, etc), I'm going to twist it disingenuously. Yes, obviously, there is a lot of bad, including their woeful ignorance of MetroStars history, not sending coaches to USOC games, changing the name and badge for their product, etc etc.

I support my team my way, you support your team your way. Go for it. Just don't be surprised if someone calls you out if you say something that isn't true.

http://metrofanatic....ory.jsp?ID=5833

going going goooooooone.

anyhow, my gripe is this: the team is located in NJ. not NY. so name the team NJ!!!!! It's not the metrostars, people are living in a past that doesn't exist anymore. You know, like the alternate timeline in Back to the future when biff gets the sports almanac.

Corporate naming: Ill continue to support the team, and i think its great that people go out to the stadium - they just won't get a penny of my money. I'm even at the point where i dont buy the drink anymore. I defuncted to the Monster Rehab
COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chim chiminy chim chiminy chim chim charoo!
we are those bastards in claret and blue!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users