510 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Must be something in the water in Philly. Cant put my finger in it why Metro play like schoolboys against Philly.

14-9-5 all-time, including 5-7-2 on the road. Nothing awful.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Lots of variables with the MLS Cup Playoffs when it comes to stadium availability. Seattle, Atlanta, and potentially NE has to work with the NFL schedule to schedule in matches. Also NYCFC home matches can be affected in the NY Yankees make it to the world series. We wont see a true schedule til late October.

I'm down with a road trip for a Hartford playoff game!

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

14-9-5 all-time, including 5-7-2 on the road. Nothing awful.

Seems worse because of several very frustrating Open Cup exits handed to us by them. I'm surprised our all time record against them is that positive. 

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I'm down with a road trip for a Hartford playoff game!

Only if it's not on a Saturday when Uconn is playing at home.  Maybe they can play at the Yard Goats park, they're used to playing in baseball stadiums.

(In all seriousness, the last time they had to play in East Hartford was because it was still the regular season for baseball, they'd probably work something out with the Mets if it came down to it for the MLS playoffs.)

My expectation is for boy city to be one and done in the playoffs. I suppose they have to win a playoff series at some point in their history, but until I see them do it, I'm not going to predict it. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Seems worse because of several very frustrating Open Cup exits handed to us by them. I'm surprised our all time record against them is that positive. 

Champions of the regular season...

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Still 2-3 against them in open cup even with the annoying losses to them.

moonyock

moonyock

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

ATL is the 6-pointer.
IMO, must-win at home, if RB are to finish 1st.
ATL have only lost 2 of their last 15 MLS matches.
They could win all of their final 7, unless we prevail.
https://www.mlssoccer.com/results

Not to take this thread off course so quick, but their next two are trips out west to Colorado and San Jose. Not great teams by any stretch, but that is a lot of travel. Then home to Real, who only has 1 loss in their last 8 and is on a 3 game winning streak at the moment. Then the 6 pointer with us. Then they get NE and Chicago at home then end with TFC on the road. I think those last 3 will be wins, but the stretch up to the game with us I don't think are locks by any means.

We only have the one trip out west to San Jose and that is after the game with Atlanta. The rest of the games are relatively close to home or short flights, Orlando to close out the year. Plus we are home the week before the match up against Atlanta to TFC who could be out of the playoff picture entirely and have their feet on the beach already. Needless to say, I think schedule wise things line up in our favor over the stretch run compared to Atlanta.

TRUE BELIEVERS ALL THE WAY!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I think schedule wise things line up in our favor over the stretch run compared to Atlanta.

Hey, I hope that ATL lose every game, but I just do not see that happening.
I hate DC more, but their win actually helped us.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Hey, I hope that ATL lose every game, but I just do not see that happening.
I hate DC more, but their win actually helped us.

Not every game, but if they drop 2-4 of a possible 9 points leading into their match-up with us, which I don't think is wildly unrealistic, that'd be very helpful.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

ATL has the best road record in MLS 8W 2D 3L. atCOL at SJ RSL atRBNY NE CHI atTFC

We're second with 6W 3D 5L. at DC TFC ATL atSJ at PHI ORL

ATL's schedule looks a little easier than ours. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Anyone see anything about the MLS playoff schedule being released? Last year they posted it on August 23rd.

Here it is:

https://www.mlssocce...be-played-dec-8

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Better than last year but the second conference final game being on a Thursday is no way to reward a team for finishing higher if they can't have the decisive game for participation in the mls cup in front of a packed house on a weekend. Why couldn't they have that game on Saturday or Sunday instead of Thursday?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Better than last year but the second conference final game being on a Thursday is no way to reward a team for finishing higher if they can't have the decisive game for participation in the mls cup in front of a packed house on a weekend. Why couldn't they have that game on Saturday or Sunday instead of Thursday?

Exactly my takeaway from it. Once again making it more difficult for the supporters. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

"packed house on a weekend" made me chuckle.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

"packed house on a weekend" made me chuckle.   

"Packed house on a Thursday afternoon" made me chuckle harder.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users