• Please log in to reply
834 replies to this topic

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

And yet, Minnesota owned Clark's right despite he was never in their academy. How does this make any sense?

It doesn't! MLS needs to revamp their rules. It's over complicated for no reason with discovery rights, TAM, GAM, allocation orders, etc. MLS draft should be scraped as well. Let players sign wherever they feel like it like the rest of the world.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro

And yet, Minnesota owned Clark's right despite he was never in their academy. How does this make any sense?

I think there is a touch of Garber & co not wanting to let it be easy for the soda company. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

discovery rights, TAM, GAM, allocation orders, etc. MLS draft should be scraped as well. Let players sign wherever they feel

Will a league that does not have independent franchises voluntarily allow complete free agency for players?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Will a league that does not have independent franchises voluntarily allow complete free agency for players?

There's a lot of room between elimination of that stuff and complete free agency.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Jozy scored a very Jozy-style goal at Tijuana last nite. Very similar to the one against Spain at Confed Cup 09.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
Got to be honest: Jozy was a monster in his minutes last night. Strong as a bull. He is going to outmuscle most center backs in Liga MX.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Got to be honest: Jozy was a monster in his minutes last night. Strong as a bull. He is going to outmuscle most center backs in Liga MX.

And the first game he gets a start, he pulls a hamstring in pure Jozy fashion

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Jozy scored a very Jozy-style goal at Tijuana last nite. Very similar to the one against Spain at Confed Cup 09.

Jozy-style describes that goal perfectly. I'll always be a Jozy fan.  

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
They have to find some free agents... Or somehow figure out how to acquire strikers that can score
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

They have to find some free agents... Or somehow figure out how to acquire strikers that can score

We are done with significant roster moves. Schneider replaced top performing Edwards with rusty Duncan, and added a couple of scrubs. In other words completely shit the bed. The only small hope is that Edwards has a change of heart and comes back, and this is very minimal. Extremely disappointing. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Schneider completely shit the bed.

Say no more. A new high in low.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

we actually get mentioned in this article. Guess Doyle need to hit some word metric for the article ;-)

https://www.mlssocce...transfer-window

• Kyle Duncan was arguably RBNY’s best playmaker last year as a right wingback. They got him back on loan, and while his re-debut didn’t go great (as a matter of fact it went real bad), if they can get him back to last year’s form he should help on both sides of the ball.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

at least we didn't sell Morgan during the summer

https://www.90min.co...rs-lewis-morgan

I think there will be pretty good offers come the winter window.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

That offer is insulting. $3MM at least

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
What was the thought process for these English teams. We just bought the guy, he's balling out for us, and they offer less than we paid for him? Is this what it felt like taking calls from Hamlett all these years?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users