59 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

It's that time of year!  Time to go on record before the season starts and make your predictions.  Have guts and don't hedge your bets!!!!  Every team will have injuries.  Every team has questions marks.  But how will the Red Bulls do in 2015?

I'll go first.  A few facts:

• We lost the best offensive player in history and literally didn't replace him.
  • Lost one of the best CB's in team history.
  • New defenses take a fairly long time to gel.

We are clearly worse than last year.  That can't be argued.  What is interesting is that MLS swapped 2 teams out West (Houston & KC) and added 2 expansion teams in the East.  Add in the the Worms, Toronto & Montreal have never been a factor in MLS that's 5 Eastern Conference teams with huge question marks.  Play-offs should be a shoe in, right?  Right?

My prediction is that we are much, much, much worse than the past few years.  Due to re-formatting of conferences, we fight it out for the last Wild Card slot until the end of the season.  But in the end, we miss the play-offs.

On a separate prediction, Boy City is better than us this season.  Much better coach, organization and clearly better players.  Next season they wipe their ass with us.

GMoney

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Marsch being a good coach is the only thing that will keep us as a fringe playoff team.  That's my prediction.  We just aren't a very good team.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
With this team, Imwith the players we have I feel that we end up in the 5th-8th seed in the eastern conference . I honestly only rank two teams ( philly and MTL) that's we can honestly beat out in the East comfortably . Maybe I'm wrong and hopefully we steal a couple of games it I feel that Marsch knows this team isn't the best and he just wants to make the playoffs because as we all know anything happens after that

LONG LIVE METRO

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I hate that team but I think Philly will be good this year.  That coach knows what he's doing and it looks like they finally have an offense to speak of.

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA

I'm going to agree with Gmoney with us missing the playoffs. But I do believe we will take seriously the U.S open Cup this year and I believe we will make a deep run and win it this year.

In 10 years we have missed the playoffs only once. I would argue because of the new format it's easier to qualify this year then previous ones. I don't know how the fans will react to us missing the playoffs but I can only hope there's a response instead of a shrug.

****Knock on wood*** , hope our big players (BWP, Sam, Klejstian) stay healthy because if they don't we might be at the bottom of the east come the end of the year

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

I agree that we are missing the playoffs. Robles will lead the league in saves. BWP has a dip in goalscoring. By the end of the year there will be a fucking mutiny in the stands. 

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I think it will look a lot like the 2011 season. We'll have a lot of wins that turn into draws because our back line can't stop conceding easy goals, but we'll have just enough points to crawl into the playoffs. Then we'll crash out of the first round because a lack of quality depth options off the bench has driven our first team into the ground.

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
  • Supports:Metro
I sense a 2009 like season.

#RedBullOUT

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I think we barely squeak into the playoffs in the 6th spot. Open Cup performance will be somewhat better and we win a game or two. Defense will have it's struggles. Idiot writers will struggle to come up with a new narrative once BWP starts banging them in with a total of 15-20. Grella scores 4-8 goals and shows he's serious and can hack it in MLS.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

4th.  We're worse than last year, but I think we'll play more consistently over the course of the season.  

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I agree that we are missing the playoffs. Robles will lead the league in saves. BWP has a dip in goalscoring. By the end of the year there will be a fucking mutiny in the stands. 

Mutiny in the stands= Supporters groups singing, drinking, laughing and having a jolly old time.  Nothing gets in the way of that.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I think the MLS site summed up their prediction for us this season pretty well...

http://www.mlssoccer...20th-season-mls

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Mutiny in the stands= Supporters groups singing, drinking, laughing and having a jolly old time.  Nothing gets in the way of that.

Yeah, they should have taken the field with pitchforks and murdered the sports team for underperforming, pussies. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Biggest Surprise: Grella ends up with more goals than BWP and leads the team in goals scored.

Biggest Disappointment: Grella scores 9 goals.

We take the USOC seriously but still get eliminated early
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I think the MLS site summed up their prediction for us this season pretty well...

http://www.mlssoccer...20th-season-mls

MD's commentary is brilliantly eloquent and pithy.   Not sure how you list Eric Alexander as a key loss, without listing Felipe as a key addition.  Not quite comforted that they have us above the expansion sides (barely) .

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users