Maybe we can win the reserve title!

brownswan

brownswan

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Supports:Metro and USA
Thiago Martin to the first team, Youri back to midfield -- and if we don't play a 3-5-2 sit Amado!~

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Did anyone else forget Jordan Cila was on the team?

I did.

Mo?

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Did anyone else forget Jordan Cila was on the team?

I did.

Mo?

If Jordan Cila and his 7 goals in two plus seasons are going to save us...God help us.

I really don't think the problem is forward. Youri and buddle are more than competent. The problem is the midfield, which is garbage, and Graham in the back who is horrendous. If we had a left back (canero?), we could shift Mendes into the center, and all would be good. But we don't.

soccerwow

soccerwow

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Anyone for giving Magee a chance?

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Who said Jordan Cila was going to save us? I had just forgotten he was on the roster, that was all. He was brought in as our 5th striker. I wouldn't expect to see a lot of anyone in that position. Who would?

I was hoping that around the 70th minute they would have taken off Guevara and put on Magee, having Youri play just behind Magee & Buddle, but anyway.

I haven't seen enough of Graham to make a final decision on him, but remember how often we used to get beat in the air? Midgets like Twellman used to school us. I think with Graham, you have to look at his game differently. He's back there to close down the crosses, not just to play with his feet. So, he needs to play better as well, but you can't look at him the same way you'd look at Mendes and assume that they are equals. That backpass to O'Rourke in the second half was a little shocking, but he's a rookie in MLS and will improve.

For all of the complaining about the D, we've given up 2 goals in 2 games and got a shutout against a team that has the ability to pick you apart. I think we need to remember this was game 2, and there are 30 left to get better in the back.

And, Aris, I don't know if you'd be happy if you didn't have someone on the team to complain about. :D

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

And, Aris, I don't know if you'd be happy if you didn't have someone on the team to complain about. :D

Probably not. haha.

I thought Magee was going to get a look yesterday to be honest. Especially after the pre-season he supposedly had.

Look, I agree, that it's commendable that our defense has held up in terms of allowing goals (don't forget, our defense started off last season with the same record).

At the same time though, our defense has been picked apart. I'm def. negative on Graham, and i think the Mendes to CB has to happen...against RSL.

MKiz

MKiz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Supports:New York RedBulls, USA, Greece
how did seth stammler play? i thought you can't play a reserve game if you play a league game? oh well
R.I.P.
METRO
1996-2005

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC
Are these matches open to the public yet? I'd like to start going.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

acleansheet

acleansheet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:Red Bull.
  • Supports:RBNY, Manchester City, US, Korea

Same here. The prices would be cheaper.

ndela

ndela

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Supports:redbulls
Who else played? What was the formation?

EddieBa26

EddieBa26

Commandant Butthole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Interests:Getting shoes for Latinos at The Onion Bag. Telling Guidos we no longer have blue Italy jerseys.<br /><br />www.steelarmy.com
  • Supports:Chelsea, USMNT, Riverhounds

I asked you if you wanted to head over. If worst comes to worst we're denied entry and we go home. Next game is 5/14 at 10am (and another the following Sunday as well, same time.) Mark it down. Let's get a bunch of us to just show up. If they see that this is something people actually wouldn't mind attending, maybe they can work something out. I'd be up for it. We'd be home by 12:30pm.

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

I asked you if you wanted to head over. If worst comes to worst we're denied entry and we go home. Next game is 5/14 at 10am (and another the following Sunday as well, same time.) Mark it down. Let's get a bunch of us to just show up. If they see that this is something people actually wouldn't mind attending, maybe they can work something out. I'd be up for it. We'd be home by 12:30pm.

That's a good idea, but we should e-mail Alexi and see if we can get in on it in some manner. It would be cool even if it was 20 of us.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

Red & Black Widow

Red & Black Widow

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

i'd definitely go, sometimes with 1 or 2 others if not alone.

please post any updates if you get any.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense
We had 6 strikers in the starting line-up, we better score some goals.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users