834 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think it opens in less than a month. Any predictions? 

Mine:

Outgoing-

Long sold (bring in depth player, Reyes on field replacement)

Pendant sold (new acquisition needed as replacement)

CCJ Sold (Wiki replaces him)

Clark loan terminated and sent to Salzburg

Incoming-

CB depth replacement

LB/LWB (Conrado? Some dude from Celtic?)

Striker on Loan to buy (Just keep trying to catch lighting...)

CM young depth 

All seems doable - I'd love a real legitimate dynamic, nimble, fast striker from SA, but Struber seems to demand 6'+ height in his forwards. Assuming Stuber sticks with Klimala (I guess he could argue that Klimala was Thelwell's error and get a redo from RB org?), then I don't think they will bring in a DP level backup forward. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
What I want:

Conrado -LB/LWB
another attacker preferably hybrid winger/ST
CB to guard against future departure of Long and Edwards and Reyes recovery

What well get with Hamlett in charge

Conrado, maybe
Jurgen Heil on a free

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Found this snippet from a blog I follow, written by a guest supporter of a big club. Might come in context if the team decides to sell someone important this window:
-
The idea of a talented player a young, talented player, being surplus to requirements isnt new. The idea of supporters being such fans of that player that their allegiance to a club comes into question if the decision is taken to move that player on isnt new, nor is the idea that the game is a business, a cold, often cruel business.

Its hard not to become a fan of a player, that vicarious thrill that comes from the magic feet of our beloved, right? Football is emotion, and what sporting emotion is purer than fandom? Love isnt about logic, is it? When you bought that thing, it was something that sparked it. Need, want, something. And now, you shuffle it to the curb on Trash Day. Letting go is a part of life, and a part of supporting a club. Players come, and players go. Its the circle of life.
-

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'm kind of hoping they just let Long see out the rest of the year. Looks like we're good enough to fight for silverware, Long's contributions imo are worth more than the fee we'd get for him. And hopefully that doesn't put Aaron in a bind and he can still find a Euro club over the winter.

With Thelwell gone, money spent over the winter, and last year's summer in mind, I'm not anticipating much movement in any direction. The only thing I'd bank on is LB depth coming in. 

Biggest question mark for me is what they do with Fletcher. I can't help but be a little pessimistic about the prospect that they let him go without being able to line up a replacement through the summer window.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

i dont see Long leaving during the summer. huge risk for him. if he goes to a new club and doesn't get playing time, he might not make it to the world cup. if he leaves, it will be after the world cup. he will be a free agent, most likely USMNT starter and a good performance in WC will set him up nicely. 

i see fletcher going back to england and the NYRB take on another forward as a loan. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

hoping they just let Long see out the rest of the year. Long's contributions are worth more than the fee we'd get hopefully that doesn't put Aaron in a bind and he can still find a Euro club over the winter..

Next chance he gets, he should go. Just had another injury scare in DC, not getting any younger, Euro teams make most of their moves over the summer.
Not that I want him to go, but he has done well for us & needs to get what may be his only big payday.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Didnt realize that if RBNY wants to offer Long a new contract a la Zimmerman, it has to get special approval from the Don. As a matter of fact, any team that wants to offer more than the 15% threshold over his current salary would have to get the same dispensation.

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

Let's sign BWP's nephew from stoke this summer 

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I think we re-sign Long to a short (2?) year DP contract at Zimmerman-money, and then try to sell him post-World Cup (i.e. winter 2023 transfer window) when his value is the highest...assuming he/USMNT do well.

- We can structure the deal so that he gets loaned back to us through summer 2023

- We probably won't get a ton of $$ since he'll be 30, but it will allow him to stay on and captain our team to a championship

Sell CCJ - his value won't get any higher until maybe the next Copa America.

Try and re-sign Caden to a longer loan, since it's obvious that he won't get any playing time at Leipzig either

- if healthy he can be the CCJ replacement

Drop Pendant

Decline Fletcher's loan

- Sign a Fletcher replacement (i.e. Championship quality striker) to a short or long term loan this summer

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
Biggest needs will be a LB and ST.

I think long will finish the year so he has a good chance making it to the World Cup. Then team will let him decide if he wants to go abroad or resign.

As of now Fletcher option shouldnt get picked up but hopefully he proves us wrong. Front office should be looking at replacements right now just to be ready when window opens.

Clark is a goner. Let him move on. Hes becoming injury prone and I dont see him starting at all. I think team moves back to a 3-4-2-1 permenately as soon as Reyes returns in the summer. Wiki and omir more than enough depth for Luquinhas and Morgan at the AM position. CM we have Amaya, yearwood, ccj and Edelman which is solid depth.

Dont sell ccj. Ill keep him until a good offer comes in. Hes still only 22 and going to keep improving.

Overall team isnt in bad shape. Our Achilles heal will be consistent scoring from the forward line.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Long stays allowed to leave on free end of year.

Outgoing

Pendant sold (new acquisition needed as replacement)  - Conrado as replacement

CCJ Sold (Wiki replaces him )  agree  

Clark loan terminated and sent to Salzburg  agree

Incoming-

CB depth replacement  - maybe unless they sort out Monzon

LB/LWB (Conrado? Some dude from Celtic?)

Striker on Loan to buy (Just keep trying to catch lighting...)  - Biggest need unless big turn around from Fletcher or the 2 up top partnership flourishes.  Do not want Fletcher on DP. Ok if they extend to End of year.

CM young depth - we have i Castellanos etc.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I don't know how any ppl think Hamlett is gonna get us a striker than can do better on the field than Fletcher or Barlow. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

I don't know how any ppl think Hamlett is gonna get us a striker than can do better on the field than Fletcher or Barlow. 

The possible saving graces are that the back room staff is much stronger now than it was when it was Armas, Hamlett, and our scouting was some schmuck on a Zoom call from Austria, and the fact that Struber is much more competent than his predecessor.

Struber knows what he needs. Not sure whether RBNY is going to be allocated the resources to make that happen or if Hamlett should be trusted with those resources.

Conrado would be Hamletts strongest signing to date (post Marsch), which isnt saying much when its up against Jørgensen, Jensen, Egbo, Pendant, Marcus Epps, and Amro Tarek.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

...isnt saying much when its up against Jørgensen, Jensen, Egbo, Pendant, Marcus Epps, and Amro Tarek.

This is why I wonder why anyone has any faith in Hamlett as an SD and whether or not he can close a loan deal or buy an actual player that can contribute early. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

don't know how any ppl think Hamlett is gonna get us a striker than can do better than Fletcher or Barlow. 

Sorry state of affairs.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users