• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

This was a very good win.  This game leaves me feeling better than either of the last two.  New England gives next to zero space and they fight all over the field.  They just need more skill out there.  I actually like Armas' thoughts at halftime too because he was focused on getting the guys to understand that it's an ugly game.  There was no use in getting annoyed at poorly played balls or things not looking pretty.  It was just going to be that type of game.  They needed to embrace it and they did in the 2nd half.

Long wasn't very good this game so not too shocking to see he was really sick.  This was a perfect type of game for Collin.  Was an extremely physical game and New England fights so hard on every header.

Murillo is just so, so good on the ball.  Not the greatest defender but not garbage there either.  On the ball is just a stud.  At times looks ahead of everyone else.

LOVE the lineup.  Adams didn't have as big an effect this game because New England was just chucking the ball forward.  Tyler can dominate in that position when other teams try to pass through us.   Or at least just try to pass a little bit.

Rza is a damn good player. Love him out there because he breaks up so many plays.  He's unpredictable and just bombs around out there disrupting things.  Throw in the fact that he adds something offensively and he's really worth a lot to this team.  

Still love Kaku.  I love how he immediately plays the ball forward.  He will pass up easy passes for the tougher pass that will usually lead to a good scoring chance and that's great.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I think that NYCFC only has 6 more home games left and 8 on the road.  I think they'll drop some points on the road for sure but they are really crushing teams at home.  They've really taken advantage of the fact that most visiting teams are used to playing on actual soccer fields. 

Additionally, Atlanta only has 5 remaining at home and 7 on the road.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

We control our own destiny for Supporters Shield right now.

Atl - 22 games played/44 points
NYCFC - 20/40
Dallas - 20/39 (currently playing/if result holds)
RBNY - 19/38

A win in the game in hand on NYCFC and Dallas moves us to 2nd and 41pts. 2 wins out of 3 in hand on ATL, we move into the lead on wins tiebreaker.

We have 15 games left to play. Way too early to talk about us controlling our destiny. Jinx alert.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I honestly wonder if Armas even gave Adams instructions yesterday or just took the leash off and told him to chase the play wherever it is. Pretty interesting experiment, I could get behind it now and then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users