299 replies to this topic

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ
Given my history with this team I am conditioned against optimism, but you have to like our chances next Wednesday.

Good luck to this team needing to come up to RBA and get at least 2 against us in conditions that will probably be 50 degrees colder than anything they are used to. Good luck.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Good result.  The big test will come in two weeks against Santos.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
So happy I'll be at the game next week instead of trying to watch it on this dog shit website and app. Both sucked for me for the majority of the game and absolutely ruined the experience. It's not like I don't know how to use a computer or app either and my wifi wasn't the problem. This was all on yahoo sports.

Really happy with the win but this really was frustrating and shouldn't have been that difficult to watch the damn game. I don't know how any casual fans would even have the patience for this bs when I was getting ready to give up and just listen to the commentary instead.

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, C.A.R.P., NYR

So happy I'll be at the game next week instead of trying to watch it on this dog shit website and app. Both sucked for me for the majority of the game and absolutely ruined the experience. It's not like I don't know how to use a computer or app either and my wifi wasn't the problem. This was all on yahoo sports.

Really happy with the win but this really was frustrating and shouldn't have been that difficult to watch the damn game. I don't know how any casual fans would even have the patience for this bs when I was getting ready to give up and just listen to the commentary instead.

The game was only at a watchable quality for a few minutes at a time for me.  I had it on my laptop and put it on my tv with a hdmi cable.  I don't see myself watching games on this service when the red bulls aren't playing.  

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
Dont know if anyone is watching the Umbrella Academy on Netflix, but new look Rza looks exactly like Klaus

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
Anyone What determines home away order for quarter finals in 2 weeks. Is santos at altitude?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Looks like they crediting BWPs goal to an Own Goal.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
Fantastic result. MOTM: Rzatkowski. Bum: Finishing.

No way they come to our house and reverse this. Absolutely no way in hell. Boys were mentally prepared for this game and will be next week.

Praying Taxi and Duncan are truly fully recovered and theyre just being extra careful with them. I dont want to see Lade against a Mexican side and Murillo didnt exactly cover himself in glory tonight.

Still wish we had signed that winger. Muyl saved that ball off the line but was pretty useless otherwise. That and we need another guy who can finish plays out there. And Im not giving these guys the excuse of preseason. Theyve been in preseason for an entire month. Thats basically what every player around the world gets before the games have meaning. Cant waste that many chances moving forward in CCL.

So happy the season has started and now I can be pessimistic about ACTUAL games!

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB

Anyone What determines home away order for quarter finals in 2 weeks.Is santos at altitude?

We will host the 1st leg no matter what, which is super strange cause then in the semi whoever did better in the previous round ( points GD) gets to host the 2nd leg.

Concacaf gonna Concacaf

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,504 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

The ultimate goal scoring machine. GOAT. 

...But he has to put those away in knockout tourneys. Or at least put one of those two away. Sorry not sorry.

or at least the Chivas away one from last yr's CCL. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,999 posts

Looks like they crediting BWPs goal to an Own Goal.

That's why stats are ultimately only half truths. Everyone who watches knows it was BWP who made it happen, but those who didn't will never know. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,999 posts

So, remind me the timeline. Was Fernandez with the team the whole preseason or did he just jump over Etienne, Ivan and Epps in a single bound?

Fernandez comin' and the cards say...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,560 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

So, remind me the timeline. Was Fernandez with the team the whole preseason?

http://www.metrofana...ayer.jsp?ID=343
http://www.soccerpub...l=&fromsearch=1
https://www.newyorkr...-omir-fernandez
Had a blistering shot list night. Unfortunately, straight at the keeper, who could only parry it. Again, unfortunately, it was clearly before Muyl tried a diving header, or Omir could at least have had an assist.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

So, remind me the timeline. Was Fernandez with the team the whole preseason or did he just jump over Etienne, Ivan and Epps in a single bound?

Fernandez comin' and the cards say...

I'm guessing there's going to be an absolute fuckload of rotation at wing this year. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Fernandez is interesting.  He's super quick, provides more quickness in the front 4 and we are desperate for it.  I was hoping that Mines and Epps could emerge and provide that, but if It's Fernandez then that's fine with me.  Muyl will always be involved and I've learned to like him as a player but it's just gotta be understood that he messes up a bunch.  What makes that worth while most of the time is that he tends to create a bunch of chances as well.

Overall I was happy that we looked like ourselves.  Armas got the whole offseason and that's a different world compared to taking over mid-year for another coach.  This is very much his team now.

What's going to be super interesting is that we are going to have some wingers who rarely see the field. Guys like Etienne and Ivan are in huge trouble and may not even make the 18 much.  There's just so many bodies.  And if a guy like Fernandez emerges, then it's even worse.  Players like Ivan and Etienne are not gonna be happy.  May have to trade.  We have guys like Muyl and Valot who have proven to be successful at a high level so I don't see them disappearing either.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users