74 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

RIP, brother.  Next time I'm in Montreal, beers @ Bar des Pins in your memory. :cheers:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

RIP - thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.   

Excellence Not Expectations

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I didn't see him often this yr, Gold Cup and the Open Cup loss to Philly, but I remember the Open Cup trip to Harvard, countless weekends/weekday hangouts at El Pastor/Lot 16A, and when we were all up in Montreal for the U20s back in 2007. All those times, I'll cherish.

The Car Wash chant will never be the same.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

anamorican

anamorican

Agent of Nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Supports:Monster
Fucking just remembered the time Vallo and I got kicked out of USA/TUR in Philly. Crying now.

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

Condolences to his family and friends. Damn. RIP.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

When I started coming to games in 2010, Mike V's "Car Wash" yell was a piece of the atmosphere I fell in love with. When I started selling my T-shirts in 2011, he was one of the first to commit to buying one. 

I want to yell his "Car Wash" howl on Sunday, even if that's impolite.

Maybe if I do it loud enough, he just might hear it somewhere in that black ether…

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
RIP Vallo

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!

Hey Big Jake,

Since you have always the true adult here, do you think you could organize something like was done for Eddie Shots?  I seem to remember ESC sent flowers and I would be willing to contribute.  I did not know Mike (although a little by reputation) but it makes me truly said to see someone with their entire life ahead of them gone.

J

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

from what i gather, ESC board will be organizing something. i do not know what that something is.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

The first time (and one of the few times in which we spoke) I met Mike, standing in front of him at an away game, he spoke to me just to tell me that he liked my style. It's a tiny event in his life, compared to the past and lost future experiences of those who knew him well and love him, but it made me smile, and I wanted to tell it, and say how truly sorry I am for the loss of your special guy. I'm glad I got a chance in between play to answer him and tell him where I got my red and black scarf.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

I didn't know him personally but even through the board he left an indelible impression on me -- I can vividly recall his troll avatar right now. 

My little brother's birthdate is identical to his. I can't imagine the pain his family and friends are feeling right now, condolences to all. 

metros11

metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

What's left to say that has yet to be said?  I think Corey and Matt pretty much covered it.  When I think to those days at GS when things were uncertain, when the ESC consisted of roughly 150 to 200  peeps game in and game out, but you could count on the same 50 or so people that were always there... Vallo was one of those folks.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Didn't know Vallo nearly as well as a lot of the people here, but met him through a friend and spent a few pre-games hanging out with him at El Pastor and a few games standing alongside him in 101.

He was clearly passionate about the team and the game. When my friend, a fellow Rocklander, figured out how he could take public transit to the game, Vallo's reply was something to the effect of "Yeah, how do you think I used to get here?"

I always felt like when I was around him I was hanging out with the OG ESC. But, like most everybody I've encountered with the ESC, he was the nicest guy.

I certainly hope we do something in his memory Sunday.

fogs

fogs

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

RIP. Sobering news. 

#redbullout

RogerPhoto

RogerPhoto

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

I'm totally shocked.  The news is virtually unbelievable.  In my memory, he remains a really nice young guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users