773 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
My favorite thing to do when I watch football is when a player is standing out elsewhere wonder how nice it would be if Metro could acquire them....

Fabio and Klimala weren't horrible just upgrades to White and Barlow. They aren't going to take Metro to the next level...

A striker I'd love to see here is Miguel Angel Borja or Alfredo Morelos... I think both are upgrades over Klimala and I think Borja can do what Josef Martínez has done in MLS.

And I'd also like to add Juan Fernando Quintero... Rumors are he wants out of China because of covid protocols making it difficult to join the national team. He'd face 15 day quarantine and a game suspension every time so going to a league that doesn't have those rules is what he's looking for... Word is his club wants 6 million USD for him
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
This whole thread is about unrealistic names, maybe they try to go shopping in Sweden again

Akinkunmi Amoo. 19 year old Nigerian from Hammarby who has 9 goals and 4 assists in his first full season. RW/AM

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Nani and Florian Valot announced they are moving on. Nani would solve some problems in the attack. Had 10g, 7a this season.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Nani and Florian Valot announced they are moving on. Nani would solve some problems in the attack. Had 10g, 7a this season.

If you think there's even a .005% chance that Red Bull would consider making a 36-year-old Nani a DP and ask him to press for 90 minutes then I have some Enron stock to sell you.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Florian Valot announced they are moving on.

Those two torn ACLs ruined him. 🙁

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Those two torn ACLs ruined him.

That's probably the case but I also can't think of a worse place to resurrect a career than FC Cincinnati. 

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

yamil asad - he was the spark plug for those really good ATL teams. he is like a swiss army knife. can play multiple formations. i wouldnt mind taking a look at him. i dont think he would be an expensive pick up.  

i am also a big rodolfo pizarro fan. i think he can press. would love to see him in a rbny uniform. he is very good in transition and the press creates a lot of these moments. 

i would like to bring back swagudelo. he would be an upgrade to barlow and prob cost the same. would he press? in the past i would say no.. but i think he has had some humble pie and would like to revive his career. injuries would be a concern. if he has another poor season, he is done. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

yamil asad - he was the spark plug for those really good ATL teams. he is like a swiss army knife. can play multiple formations. i wouldnt mind taking a look at him. i dont think he would be an expensive pick up.  

i am also a big rodolfo pizarro fan. i think he can press. would love to see him in a rbny uniform. he is very good in transition and the press creates a lot of these moments. 

i would like to bring back swagudelo. he would be an upgrade to barlow and prob cost the same. would he press? in the past i would say no.. but i think he has had some humble pie and would like to revive his career. injuries would be a concern. if he has another poor season, he is done. 

Asad I would have been cool with before he went to the scum i liked him a lot on Atlanta.  DC play a similar style to us and he wasnt that great there this year.  Not sure if thats down to the coach or he is washed but it makes the signing a bit riskier to me.  For intraleague moves general like guys who have our traits but are misused in a system thats not ours given that DC wont do us any favors and give us Asad for cheap.

Pizarro is really good, and with Reyes we already know how they've misused people

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Yaser Asprilla 18 yr attacking Mid from envigado https://youtube.com/...Y?feature=share https://youtu.be/2LcQvnbD7Rc

Daniel Ruiz Rivera from Millonarios https://youtu.be/I1PeJfUIsFc

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Team should go after European-based US U23 players whose careers need a change in scenery.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Team should go after European-based US U23 players whose careers need a change in scenery.

Not a bad idea just need to convince them to leave Europe which is very tough
Who did u have in mind Llanez? Mendez?

Remember Amaya and Harper were/are usynt

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I still there's time for both, at least one more yr, possibly? There's a bunch of USYNT-eligible guys aged 18-22 playing in academies/reserve teams across Europe. I guess as long as these younger players are in ENG FRA ESP POR NED GER ITA, some could stick if acquired. 

USYNT-ish guys already on the squad:

Omir

Tolkin

Harper

Amaya

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

I like this idea

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Not a bad idea just need to convince them to leave Europe which is very tough
Who did u have in mind Llanez? Mendez?

Remember Amaya and Harper were/are usynt

I would like Llanez and Sebastián Soto on the NYRB

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I would like Llanez and Sebastián Soto on the NYRB

That would be 2 amazing pick ups. However, I believe la galaxy has first dibs on llanez if he comes to MLS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users