Winner....

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Is this true? Or just made up internet facts?

IIRC it was in a Blew article a month or two ago, when the story first broke.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Is there a difference?

Hey, whatever the reason, his application was denied and they are trying to appeal. It is getting to look like we should plan on the season without him. RBNY has lawyers who know how to get the answers, they just don't like the answer they are gettting.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

According to one MLS source, Rodgers had overstayed his visa in 2011, and that did not make officials at the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Dept. very happy in the post-911 era.

but...

Asked about the reason for the delay, Backe replied, "It was some kind of paperwork that did not arrive in time."

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=29747
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

Is there a difference?

Hey, whatever the reason, his application was denied and they are trying to appeal. It is getting to look like we should plan on the season without him. RBNY has lawyers who know how to get the answers, they just don't like the answer they are gettting.

I Usually tend to believe that a source like Big Apple Soccer is better than some guy with a screen name of Screwball56123 <replace with ANY name on this site> saying "he overstayed his visa" .

-DELETED-

-DELETED-

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York
I read somewhere that the reason for extending his visa term was to play against LA in the playoffs.

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro

I read somewhere that the reason for extending his visa term was to play against LA in the playoffs.

Wasn't the second LA game played a week after the Dallas playoff? Was that week really enough for him to overstay his visa?
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

If thats the case who ever was managing his Visa is an idiot. Why would you get a visa for a player that expires before the season ends? And why would you let it lapse in the first place?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If thats the case who ever was managing his Visa is an idiot. Why would you get a visa for a player that expires before the season ends? And why would you let it lapse in the first place?

Visas have a have a maximum period that you can't go past. I'm sure he had whatever the max allowable term was. But it is absolutely inexplicable that it was allowed to lapse, and someone almost certainly had to be fired over that. With a team built from overseas players, thats a critical job.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Visas have a have a maximum period that you can't go past. I'm sure he had whatever the max allowable term was. But it is absolutely inexplicable that it was allowed to lapse, and someone almost certainly had to be fired over that. With a team built from overseas players, thats a critical job.

There are many types of Visas' but the MINIMUM time work visas usualy last is 1 year.

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros
Dan, Can you ask for clarification of this fiasco on media day?

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro

Assuming that some failure to comply with federal bureaucracy is the cause of this issue-- and let's be clear that we don't know if that's true-- a failure on the part of a team relying heavily on foreign imports to compete to keep its shit straight is pretty much inexcusable. I expect we'll hear nothing but obfuscation and excuse-making, but maybe we'll get the full story eventually.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if the Viktards fucked this up.
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

There are many types of Visas' but the MINIMUM time work visas usualy last is 1 year.

You are thinking the long term H1B, but Luke likely was on a "seasonal labor" H2B, which has a max of one year and can be extended after the initial period for a total of up to 3 years.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

You are thinking the long term H1B, but Luke likely was on a "seasonal labor" H2B, which has a max of one year and can be extended after the initial period for a total of up to 3 years.

Ok so if he was on a H2B for the Maximum of 1 year which you said, than it should expire this spring rather than last fall. Either way RB's "lawyers" fucked it up.

aTrayne

aTrayne

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:...association football, tennis, skiing, indie music, culturejamming.
  • Supports:RBNY Metros, Celtic FC
H1B? H2B? wouldn't Luke be a P-1???
RedBull gives you wings...and the wings given to the RBNY marketing/PR team were from a Dodo bird.

RedBull on our chests, Metro in our hearts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users