JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

How long until a certain youtube clip is posted from a NJ Elementary school in Springfield......

So, Christmas carols are disallowed in schools, but the it's perfectly fine for them to sing this.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

So, Christmas carols are disallowed in schools, but the it's perfectly fine for them to sing this.

Wow, I wonder who had the brilliant idea to sing that song.

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham
ahaha i fucking love it. only cuz we're gonna see how tight all the conservatives' panties will get...

let's note who posted this video though, shall we?

1) wtcfreedomtowers is their username
2) jesus with crown of thorns is avatar
3) the video has a FOXnews stamp in the corner
4) how awesome is that ominous music they added to the video?
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

1) so?
2) so?
3) so?

Are you arguing that this video is not legit?

You have once again failed to comprehend the aim of my post. I'm not comparing it with other similar instances in the past. Reread my post if you wish.
(And plus, this one isn't as bad as The Obama Song.)

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

SteveB2

SteveB2

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Supports:Metro/RBNY

i don't see where the dissent is

Humana sent out a mailing stating, as is in accordance with the CBO finding, that Medicare benefits will be cut under the proposed plan being pushed by the Administration.
Ergo - this is dissent from the Administration line.

Given the policy enunciated in 1997 regarding such mailings, and given that the mailing was in accordance with what the CBO found does anyone still wish to support an Administration using the power of the Federal government to order almost 200 corporations not to speak out on an issue?

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

1) so?
2) so?
3) so?

so their opinion might be just a tad bit skewed.
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
I don't see the big deal about this.
I think if the president wants to address his audience less formally, he has every right to. Did he get a tad over the top? Yes, but still, why is there so much uproar from the right over this?

(Formerly JonnyG)

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

so their opinion might be just a tad bit skewed.

Again... so?
It's a video. Either the video is legit or not.
Unless, if by skewed, you mean the video has been tampered with, then fine.

(Formerly JonnyG)

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
i find this extremely funny, my friend involved finds it extremely funny, yet i have a sinking feeling it'll get steve and johnnyg's blood boiling:

my friend josh was at laguradia today, taking a flight out to ft. riley kansas to report to his duty posting. he's in full ACU dress, boots, camo, patrol cap, ruck sack....the whole nine, walking down the concourse and out of the corner of his eye, he sees somebody walk towards him. the guy says "i don't mean to bother you, but i just want to thank you for what you're doing for this country." he stops to turn to the guy and say you're welcome, but realized the guy wasn't talking to him, he was talking to someone behind him. that someone was michael moore. :lol:
{GSS}
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

SteveB2

SteveB2

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Supports:Metro/RBNY
Considering what Michael Moore has said in the past regarding "war criminals" such as your buddy and my cousins I find that incident a bit funny.
But Michael Moore has his own issues. If someone wants to praise him that is all fine and dandy with me. Just not my cup of tea.
Leni was a much better film maker when it comes to propaganda pieces. Moore has the passion but she had the artists eye.

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

ahaha i fucking love it. only cuz we're gonna see how tight all the conservatives' panties will get...

let's note who posted this video though, shall we?

4) how awesome is that ominous music they added to the video?

In answer to the first three of your questions, its actually irrelevant because the original person who put up the youtube clip, iirc, was someone who supported obama. It just got picked up from someone else and now others have since taken the clip and added music to it, etc.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts

i find this extremely funny, my friend involved finds it extremely funny, yet i have a sinking feeling it'll get steve and johnnyg's blood boiling:

My blood ain't the least bit boiling. I'd think if anyone would take offense, it would be your friend. But you say he didn't, so that's cool.

(Formerly JonnyG)

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios

my friend josh was at laguradia today, taking a flight out to ft. riley kansas to report to his duty posting. he's in full ACU dress, boots, camo, patrol cap, ruck sack....the whole nine, walking down the concourse and out of the corner of his eye, he sees somebody walk towards him. the guy says "i don't mean to bother you, but i just want to thank you for what you're doing for this country." he stops to turn to the guy and say you're welcome, but realized the guy wasn't talking to him, he was talking to someone behind him. that someone was michael moore. :lol:

Can't wait to watch Capitalism: A Love Story.

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

As was posted earlier…

Context is always important when trying to make a point.
Dear Burlington Township Families:

Today we became aware of a video that was placed on the internet which has been reported in the media. The video is of a class of students singing a song about President Obama. The activity took place during Black History Month in 2009, which is recognized each February to honor the contributions of African Americans to our country. Our curriculum studies, honors and recognizes those who serve our country. The recording and distribution of the class activity were unauthorized.

If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me or Dr. King, Principal of B. Bernice Young School, directly.

Sincerely,

Dr. Christopher M. Manno,

Superintendent of Schools

Context is very important. It was shot in February as part of celebrating black history month. If you don’t think the first black president is going to be part of that, I’m not sure where your head is.

The teacher went a little overboard in the enthusiasm department but that if the parents of the children are not complaining why are you?

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users