Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

it's a mole hunt. 

they've got a leak in the front office, and are using reporters to find out where it is. 

damn....Max almost got the NOC list...

Playing on every loudspeaker at RBA:

"THE MOLE IS ATTEMPTING TO ESCAPE THIS FACILITY, STOP AT ALL COSTS

REPEAT: STOP AT ALL COSTS"

f2eULom.gif

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

This is madness.  Seems like the only other soccer job on earth less stable is the England National team manager.  Utter ridiculousness.   

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars
Stability in our staff ranks, that's foreign language.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
Can we just start the season already. I'm sick of this bs lol

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Really gonna be interesting to hear the circumstances to all of this stuff.  I hope we get the story one day or another.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm not gonna do the research but honestly, when is the last time significant news broke that was true that didn't come from our two or three trusted sources?

Fuck these random people spewin shit. I can do it too.

First, start a new twitter handle.

Second, make unverified claims. Keep doing so...maybe even retweet some of the more trusted resources. Eventually I'll be right. 

Then, tweet whatever the hell I want. 

Example: I heard Robles was being shopped to a 'top' Mexican club in exchange for 'significant' money.

Some jackass sees that. Posts it on facebook or twitter, someone else retweets the rumor and boom...shit storm created.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

It's all just so bizarre. 

The facts are this: 

- In the past week, we've heard the coach linked with another club to the point where Ives, Lewis and a league-website based reporter were all saying that it was all but done that Armas was replacing Marsch. 

- The next day, the deal is confirmed as off, which the coach returning to the club's home base in LA for the draft. 

- As Marsch returns, the Sporting Director immediately leaves LA, and hasn't been heard from since. 

- Yesterday, the club sells their captain, and in the press release announcing the move, only the coach is quoted. No statement from the Sporting Director, which is as far as we can tell unprecedented since he got here. 

It all reeks of a power struggle, perhaps between Marsch and Curtis. We desperately need clarity soon. We have a fucking knockout game in 5 weeks. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Could have been a family emergency or something for Curtis. I hope not, but that would explain everything. Not news until its news...

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

It all reeks of a power struggle, perhaps between Marsch and Curtis. We desperately need clarity soon. We have a fucking knockout game in 5 weeks. 

Which is strange considering Jesse was Ali's pick and Ali is in charge, he's higher on the totem pole. I don't think Jesse wants to be a coach and executive. Who the fuck knows whats going on. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Which is strange considering Jesse was Ali's pick and Ali is in charge, he's higher on the totem pole. I don't think Jesse wants to be a coach and executive. Who the fuck knows whats going on. 

Maybe they're having a difference of opinion on personnel. Marsch clearly has had issues with Veron and yet he's still on the team. You would think the team would cut bait and find Marsch a DP that he'll use.

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

I don't think Jesse wants to be a coach and executive. Who the fuck knows whats going on. 

Why not?  Every manager wants full control if they can get it.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Maybe it was like this when the cameras and mics were away? 

j8Iwzf.gif

I'M KIDDING. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It's all just so bizarre. 

The facts are this: 

- In the past week, we've heard the coach linked with another club to the point where Ives, Lewis and a league-website based reporter were all saying that it was all but done that Armas was replacing Marsch. 

- The next day, the deal is confirmed as off, which the coach returning to the club's home base in LA for the draft. 

- As Marsch returns, the Sporting Director immediately leaves LA, and hasn't been heard from since. 

- Yesterday, the club sells their captain, and in the press release announcing the move, only the coach is quoted. No statement from the Sporting Director, which is as far as we can tell unprecedented since he got here. 

Or -

There was a baseless, though widespread, rumor that amounted to nothing

Coincidental with that, the coach shows up at the draft, as planned

Ali tags out, to go do other stuff, like trading Dax and begin spending the $1.7M in cap money burning a hole in his pocket, or to attend to a personal matter

The new guy writing the press releases fails to concern himself with obscure precedent, and mindlessly neglects to include a quote from Ali.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

<script language='javascript'> </script>

Or -

There was a baseless, though widespread, rumor that amounted to nothing

Coincidental with that, the coach shows up at the draft, as planned

Ali tags out, to go do other stuff, like trading Dax and begin spending the $1.7M in cap money burning a hole in his pocket, or to attend to a personal matter

The new guy writing the press releases fails to concern himself with obscure precedent, and mindlessly neglects to include a quote from Ali.

Ali backed out of speaking engagement at some convention.  Something's up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users