Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,659 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Everybody also wants $$$$ spent and Young DP contracts finalized. 

every transfer window, not just January. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,262 posts

every transfer window, not just January. 

This too

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I'm also not getting excited at all about prospects developing here considering the way they handled the Tyler Adams situation. What's to say the second Tolkin becomes good they won't "sell" him to Salzburg/Leipzig the same way they did with Adams, and give RBNY nothing in return?

Pretty sure we got the maximum possible allocation money amount from Adams? That it wasn't used well is a separate problem.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,887 posts
its getting to the point where i feel we are being robbed of US top flight Division soccer.

5 year plan

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,709 posts
  • Supports:Metro

"There is no offseason" -- Red Bull twitter, October 29, 2019.

Now I know what they mean. Since there is no offseason, how can they sign players?

EIDWmtkU8AIknVT.jpg

https://twitter.com/...191155663228928

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Just a reminder that Hamlett said "we've been given the green light to spend this transfer window"...

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Just a reminder that Hamlett said "we've been given the green light to spend this transfer window"...

$100K TAM bonuses to all homegrown signings!!

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,262 posts

This article makes me:

:(

:angry:

:deadhorse:

:pint:

https://www.mlssocce...t-no-plans-stop

LAFC continue gobbling up young South American talent, building a strong and dynamic foundation for the coming years. The latest addition: stylish midfielder Jose Cifuentes.

The Ecuadorian international, who turns 21 on March 12, was announced Monday as the seventh South American under-22 player on LAFC's roster, and head coach Bob Bradley says more could be coming down the pipeline.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

This is starting to get pathetic. The Cifuentes signing is EXACTLY what we should be targeting. Young, international experience, can be re-sold in a few years.  WTF are we waiting for??

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

This is starting to get pathetic. The Cifuentes signing is EXACTLY what we should be targeting. Young, international experience, can be re-sold in a few years.  WTF are we waiting for??

The new CBA....Hamlett doesn't want to find himself, with his pants down by his ankles, by over committing on spending Papa RedBulls scraps!!

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

I know its stupid to do right now but this would be a gameday 18 if the season started today;

White

Royer - Kaku - Muyl/Rza

CCJ - Rza/Davis

Taxi - Long - Parker - Duncan

Meara

McIntosh; Tarek, Bucky; Davis/Lema, Muyl/Valot, Omir/Stroud, Barlow/Jorgenson

This is a 18 that is not in contention for a playoff spot, maybe we can just drop to USL with this squad and hopefully win that?

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,887 posts

I know its stupid to do right now but this would be a gameday 18 if the season started today;

Just imagine what it will look like with a kaku sprained ankle and a Long usmnt call up lol

White
Royer - Kaku - Muyl/Rza
CCJ - Rza/Davis
Meara

This is a 18 that is not in contention for a playoff spot, maybe we can just drop to USL with this squad and hopefully win that?

Just imagine it with a Long umsnt call up and a royer or kaku soft injury lol

5 year plan

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

Just imagine it with a Long umsnt call up and a royer or kaku soft injury lol

Yeah honestly take out Taxi, Long, Kaku, and Royer and thats a USL side.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

White

Royer - Kaku - Muyl/Rza

CCJ - Rza/Davis

Meara

McIntosh; Tarek, Bucky; Davis/Lema, Muyl/Valot, Omir/Stroud, Barlow/Jorgenson     This is a 18 that is not in contention for a playoff spot, maybe we can just drop to USL with this squad and hopefully win that?

The starting 11 was a playoff team last year (BWP barely played, Duncan and even Buck were better than 2019 Murillo, Meara for Robles is arguably a drop-off but could go either way really). 

Yes, the league improves etc, depth is very youth-heavy and the Taxi situation is worrying me a lot, AND of course we need to improve the starting lineup (which would help with current starters providing proper/adequate depth). That said, "not in contention for a playoff spot" is a clear exaggeration, even with the non-existent offseason we've had.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts
  • Supports:Metro

White

Royer - Kaku - Muyl/Rza

CCJ - Rza/Davis

Meara

This is an 18 that probably finishes 2nd or 3rd bottom in the East.  Worse with any injury to a key player.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users