• Supports:RBNY, Arsenal
Are you Juan Quintero

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

Are you Juan Quintero

If I was I would have long been playing for NYRB... Lol

But I know I've thrown a lot of names around throughout the years, this thread is more like wouldn't it be nice if so and so where a Metro...

But this is actually very realistic.. A transfer fee of less than $10 million. A guy just about to hit his prime, a guy that's already played well in tougher leagues, scored in a world cup, been MVP at a youth international tournament in a conference much harder than CONCACAF...

Aaaaaand he's already talked to MLS, granted it was likely for another team but both of those teams i think were OC and Chi seemed to filled that CAM void recently...

He checks all the boxes..

I think NYRB should get both him and Kaku.. Kaku being the more tresquartista, deep lying striker, winger. Quintero being the more CAM, CM, deep lying mid, registra, and winger in a pinch
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

It looks like if Quintero comes to MLS, it will be to the Chicago Fire, although River Plate may be making a push to get him.

https://theathletic....coming-to-fire/

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

It looks like if Quintero comes to MLS, it will be to the Chicago Fire, although River Plate may be making a push to get him.

https://theathletic....coming-to-fire/

i doubt it.. Because they didn't want to activate the automatic recession of 12.3 million and now they finalized the bastian schweinsteiger deal a couple of days ago...

If River is interested in him it's cuz the kid is good.. He really closed out the season well for DIM... But they too are trying to low ball Porto and maybe trying to convince Quintero to pressure Porto into accepting 3 or 4 million...

NYRB should swoop in and offer more or just activate the buyout clause... I think at such a young age he's accomplished a lot.. He was pegged as the next James Rodríguez but is way short of that but he's definitely an upgrade over Sacha especially if he plays like he did with DIM...

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

i doubt it.. Because they didn't want to activate the automatic recession of 12.3 million and now they finalized the bastian schweinsteiger deal a couple of days ago...

If River is interested in him it's cuz the kid is good.. He really closed out the season well for DIM... But they too are trying to low ball Porto and maybe trying to convince Quintero to pressure Porto into accepting 3 or 4 million...

NYRB should swoop in and offer more or just activate the buyout clause... I think at such a young age he's accomplished a lot.. He was pegged as the next James Rodríguez but is way short of that but he's definitely an upgrade over Sacha especially if he plays like he did with DIM...

Accam to Philly for a pile of cash, so now maybe they're gonna make the move.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Philly paid MLS funny money, which Chicago can't use for an outside transfer fee.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

i thought that Quintero was the replacement for bastian schweinsteiger in case he didn't sign and even Arda Turan was mentioned.. Now that they finalized Schweinsteiger I doubt they make another move..
I doubt Quintero goes to MLS.. Would be nice to have him and Kaku.. I don't have much expectations for NY. I feel like NYRB are one or two big defensive and offensive players away and what they've got and the deals they've done so far haven't looked promising.. I feel like they might not even make the playoffs

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

I feel like they might not even make the playoffs

Whaaaat. I feel so differently. We'll see how the rest of the league improved but I think this offseason has been pretty damn good for the soda squad. I see them making the playoffs and making a run, and then retooling further for a very strong team fully in the "young & fast" RB model the following season.

Any word on Taxi? An elite outside defender will be a difference maker against all the attackers being signed.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,385 posts

Whaaaat. I feel so differently. We'll see how the rest of the league improved but I think this offseason has been pretty damn good for the soda squad. I see them making the playoffs and making a run, and then retooling further for a very strong team fully in the "young & fast" RB model the following season.

Any word on Taxi? An elite outside defender will be a difference maker against all the attackers being signed.

Agreed...

I feel better about this roster than I have about any since Henry left.  Throw in the good coach and I'd be absolutely shocked if we don't make playoffs.  Because they are so young I could see some bumpy roads early on, but as long as we stay generally healthy then we are good.   

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
I feel like like without Sacha the team is lacking any creative presence and anyone to control the tempo

Guys like Adams and Felipe are box to box guys not that strong of attacking presence and Keita is injury prone and didn't really shine and I think guys like Davis and Muyl are NASL level at best..

The team definitely needs at two All Star level attackers added and a solid CB all star level as well and Taxi has to stay.. Then I could feel more confident..

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I feel like like without Sacha the team is lacking any creative presence and anyone to control the tempo.

The team thinks that Kaku. I know you dont, so Im hoping their scouts know more.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

I feel like like without Sacha the team is lacking any creative presence and anyone to control the tempo

Guys like Adams and Felipe are box to box guys not that strong of attacking presence and Keita is injury prone and didn't really shine and I think guys like Davis and Muyl are NASL level at best..

The team definitely needs at two All Star level attackers added and a solid CB all star level as well and Taxi has to stay.. Then I could feel more confident..

But in the same vein when Sacha was taken out of games the team disappeared in the final third. Hopefully with Kaku, Royer, and Keita things can be spread out. Plus there are still rumored signings.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ
Has Rubio Rubin been mentioned? Apparently his agent is in talks with MLS. I have not been impressed with him in the limited number of games I have seen, but with a succession plan for BWP looking like one of the largest gaps left to fill, and Marschs remarks of 2, 3, 4 big splashes, I wonder if we are in the mix here.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Has Rubio Rubin been mentioned? Apparently his agent is in talks with MLS. I have not been impressed with him in the limited number of games I have seen, but with a succession plan for BWP looking like one of the largest gaps left to fill, and Marschs remarks of 2, 3, 4 big splashes, I wonder if we are in the mix here.

I hope not, he sucks.  4 goals in 61 games does not make a good BWP replacement.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Supports:Metro

From what I understand he is an injury liability.

Forget his lack of production as a forward. You could make arguments that he either didnt get a fair shot or that he should be transitioned to another role, but the injury thing...no way. Not for the first team anyway. Id be fine if RB2 took a flyer on him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users