duct tape.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Watching two teams as bad as these might put a permanent dent my love for this sport, I'm genuinely not sure I can sit through 90 minutes of it.

Red Bulls got zero shots on goal tonight, DC literally didn't even take a shot against NYCFC.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'll be surprised we get anything better than a draw at this point. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
Can Brian White please start this game?

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

sometimes its like they are trotting Barlow out there to prove a point to the fans.  Tetteh or White have to start up top in this game now that we are playing with a lone striker again.  White isnt too good in a 2 striker system but we know as the point guy he can do a job.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
At this point, I think this is a lost season. I just want to see how good the new guys are, so get Yearwood and Tetteh as many minutes as they can give.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Especially Tetteh, RBNY now have 13 matches to evaluate whether or not they are interested in committing to him for a longer period of time.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hes gotta be completely broken.

There is just no way in hell that he goes from regular goal scorer to bench fodder.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Especially Tetteh, RBNY now have 13 matches to evaluate whether or not they are interested in committing to him for a longer period of time.

Exactly.....he is here on loan. Starting next game he should play every game. I know Thelwell was not part of the Sims situation, but he should avoid Sim 2.0 with Tetteh.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Let's not be too quick to forget that Brian White has also played a decent amount this season and looked just as trash as Barlow. Yeah he was a tap-in machine last season but we all knew that was something of a statistical anomaly and the team around him is performing even worse this year.

It's Tetteh or bust at this point, any conversation about Barlow/White/Jorgensen is just picking a different poison.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It's Tetteh or bust at this point, any conversation about Barlow/White/Jorgensen is just picking a different poison.

Yep.  The conversation should be which one of those 3 to bring off the bench in the 80th minute.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Let's not be too quick to forget that Brian White has also played a decent amount this season and looked just as trash as Barlow. Yeah he was a tap-in machine last season but we all knew that was something of a statistical anomaly and the team around him is performing even worse this year.

100% Tetteh or bust and Tetteh needs to start one of the next 2 games at minimum.  BUT if i was going to trot out an out of form striker hoping they pull it together would you rather do that with the forward that has scored 10 goals in 1800 minutes or 3 goals in 1000 minutes?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
A lot depends on what theyre trying to do this season. If its win games and MLS Cup, then start Tetteh and bring White off the bench.

If they think thats unrealistic given their present squad makeup, if the goal is get a look at guys, maybe what combination of players works best, and to put together a plan for next season Id probably play Tetteh and bring Jorgy off the bench because he has the most upside.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Hes gotta be completely broken.

There is just no way in hell that he goes from regular goal scorer to bench fodder.

This is where some sort of press coverage helps. He has got to be hurt.

Scores 9 goals in an injured season and scores a sweet goal vs philly in the playoffs and somehow Armas and the new coach rate Barlow better?

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

This is where some sort of press coverage helps. He has got to be hurt.

Scores 9 goals in an injured season and scores a sweet goal vs philly in the playoffs and somehow Armas and the new coach rate Barlow better?

Barlow was the one that scored in playoffs. But they both are just not good players. For the last 11 games White played, he was absolute shit. Often felt like we are a man down. Barlow was better, to the point where you dont feel like youre playing with 10 men, like with White, but just not good enough. both of those guys are five years older than Jorgey, and Jorgey didnt look any worse. Might as well give young guy a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users