16 replies to this topic

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If RBNY spent like Salzburg, I do not think anyone would be complaining.  Salzburg has spent between $15-30 million on transfers every year since 2018.  They have spent more on transfer fees in one season than RBNY has ever paid in since 1996. 

We both are signing young players, but while RBNY's young players are mostly free, Salzburg's young players routinely cost $5 million each. 

I wonder if the Salzburg fans fear that Red Bull might overspend on those players?  I doubt it.  

people would be upset when we spend 10 mil on guys for rb2 like Salzburg spent 5 mil on adyemi then stashed him in leifering and academy for 2 years. Now they are going sell him fir 35 mil

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

people would be upset when we spend 10 mil on guys for rb2 like Salzburg spent 5 mil on adyemi then stashed him in leifering and academy for 2 years. Now they are going sell him fir 35 mil

I would like to find out if people would be upset about that.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I would like to find out if people would be upset about that.

Ditto. I mean what the hell kind of strawman is that?

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

people would be upset when we spend 10 mil on guys for rb2 like Salzburg spent 5 mil on adyemi then stashed him in leifering and academy for 2 years.

Lol no they wouldn't. Bizarre take.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Lol no they wouldn't. Bizarre take.

If they spent $10M on RB2 guys instead of $10M on first team guys, I think people would be upset. If they spent $20M, $10M on both clubs, I dont think people would complain.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

If they spent $10M on RB2 guys instead of $10M on first team guys, I think people would be upset. If they spent $20M, $10M on both clubs, I dont think people would complain.

There is no feasible scenario where this would even happen. We're talking four Mathias Jorgensen's? People would probably just laugh.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

There is no feasible scenario where this would even happen. We're talking four Mathias Jorgensen's? People would probably just laugh.

5 jorgy but that is what Salzburg does. Almost half of all the signings they make each year is a high upside youth player set to be with leifering. Their transfer history is actually fascinating https://www.transfer...fers/verein/409

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Not saying it would.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

5 jorgy but that is what Salzburg does. Almost half of all the signings they make each year is a high upside youth player set to be with leifering. Their transfer history is actually fascinating https://www.transfer...fers/verein/409

Are you saying RBNY fans would be upset by those signings? I don't think you are and judging by the responses to your original statement, I would hope you realize it was ridiculous.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Are you saying RBNY fans would be upset by those signings? I don't think you are and judging by the responses to your original statement, I would hope you realize it was ridiculous.

Say rbny bought roko simic an 18 year old striker people would complain he is unproven why are we spending dp money on an 18 year old etc. So yes I think people would complain if Red Bull spent 10 mil on 18 year olds who may spend a year with rb2

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Say rbny bought roko simic an 18 year old striker people would complain he is unproven why are we spending dp money on an 18 year old etc. So yes I think people would complain if Red Bull spent 10 mil on 18 year olds who may spend a year with rb2

I will complain IF

They ONLY sign 10 mil players for RB2 who NEVER feature for the first team.

If they are signing 10 mil players for both squads Im happy.

If they are signing 10 mil players for RBNY2 only BUT some of those players spend SOME time with the first team then Im happy.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

The % of fans who would complain about the transfer slate that Friedlander posted is so miniscule. And they would shut their mouths in one year after those guys featured for the first team and the next slate of $10MM+ transfers in was replenished, repeating the cycle. I don't even understand how the most ardent of the current RB apologists could think otherwise. Delusional.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

The % of fans who would complain about the transfer slate that Friedlander posted is so miniscule. And they would shut their mouths in one year after those guys featured for the first team and the next slate of $10MM+ transfers in was replenished, repeating the cycle. I don't even understand how the most ardent of the current RB apologists could think otherwise. Delusional.

you forget what makes this work is millions in sales so you will get the same complaints. We dont sign proven players and we sell our best players.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

But they wouldn't, and that's not what they do over there. It appropriate for a young $2M or $5M player to spend a year developing at a lower level there. RB2 is not Salzburg or Leifering.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

I do wonder how parts of this play out with Estrela. Obviously we have him on and HGP deal and didn't bring him in from elsewhere.
Granted he is with the first team, technically, but he spent the year with the academy and getting some travel experience with NYRBII after the injury. I haven't seen him with the first team photos. This may be a guy that is signed but sold with a high profit without ever breaking into the gameday MLS roster.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users