844 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Few guys on RB2 will ever make it to RB1.  You still need a full roster of adults  to practice with and compete to allow the high potential prospects develop.

The competition will be weaker in the MLS reserve league compared to USL. that is why I think you can field a roster of kids.

Plus, these kids will be forced to develop their technical game since everyone will be faster and stronger. Most mls reserve sides will field college level talent.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

The competition will be weaker in the MLS reserve league compared to USL. that is why I think you can field a roster of kids.

Plus, these kids will be forced to develop their technical game since everyone will be faster and stronger. Most mls reserve sides will field college level talent.

there are 2 things that make me go against the all kids approach

1) to ever play for the first team these kids are going to have to take someone's job based on training.  So ideally need the level of training to be high

2) extremely hard to have a crop of youth guys good enough to be deep at every position so thats where college kids are good to bridge the gap so they arent getting murdered every game.  Winning isnt everything but you need to be at least competitive

its possible if things are humming to have a team of mainly all kids and when a golden generation comes do an all kids rosters. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,185 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
USL playoff final tonight 8:30 on ESPN HD
Louisville @ San Antonio, #1E v. #1W

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

USL playoff final tonight 8:30 on ESPN HD
Louisville @ San Antonio, #1E v. #1W

I just want to say while I'm not saying this match was mls quality it was solid. The entire usl has really suprised me the last 15 or so years. Mostly ss stadiums and decent crowds. I don't really know if they ever make the next step in terms of player quality but they deserve a lot of credit for making lower division soccer possible in the us.

I have no idea how much usl first xi guys make and ideally I'd love pro rel in mls / usl but it may be possible in usl.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts
Just won big ten championship

https://scarletknigh...rts/mens-soccer

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Chris Tiao (NYRBII), Joey Zalinsky (NYRBII), Nico Rosamilia (Academy), Matt Acosta (NYRBII), Nestor Cabrera (Academy), Jason Bouregy (U23s), Randy Arronis (U23s),and Ciaran Dalton (NYRBII) all with Rutgers.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,185 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I was in New Brunswick, but couldnt make it to the game. Congrats Scarlet Knights!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts
Intersting list for youngest signees
Estrella there
The 3 players who made it so far from this list are pretty good lecel - gaga busio and scaly

https://twitter.com/...328832974569473

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts
Not a good First Round for our academy/NYRBII updates:

Nick Schimbeno (90min) helped Penn knock out Rutgers 3-0. Rutgers started Ciaran Dalton, Joey Zalinsky, Chris Tiao, Matthew Acosta. Nico Rosamilia came off the bench.

JP Marin went 90 for Seton Hall, but lost to New Hampshire.

Roald Mitchell and Bo Cummins at Wake Forest were knocked out by Ohio St.

Sam Williams played 38 minutes in UNCs loss to High Point.

Bryce LeBel and Louisville were knocked out AET by Lipscomb.

The teams that moved on will face the ranked opponents starting today. A few guys in that group too.

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Not a good First Round for our academy/NYRBII updates:

Nick Schimbeno (90min) helped Penn knock out Rutgers 3-0. Rutgers started Ciaran Dalton, Joey Zalinsky, Chris Tiao, Matthew Acosta. Nico Rosamilia came off the bench.

JP Marin went 90 for Seton Hall, but lost to New Hampshire.

Roald Mitchell and Bo Cummins at Wake Forest were knocked out by Ohio St.

Sam Williams played 38 minutes in UNCs loss to High Point.

Bryce LeBel and Louisville were knocked out AET by Lipscomb.

The teams that moved on will face the ranked opponents starting today. A few guys in that group too.

wouldnt mind tiao get a shot with mls next pro

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts

wouldnt mind tiao get a shot with mls next pro

Agreed. Thought he played well as an academy player with the II's.

A slew of academy keepers that are seniors this year (Matthew Frank, Sam Ilin, Francesco Montali, Matthew Goodman). Can see them give a trial to one or two of them.

Other seniors/grad students: JP Marin, Skylar Conway, Dylan Sullivan, Ben Bograd, and Nick Schimbeno.

Next year will be an interesting class: Amir Daley, Conner Mauer, Jared Juleau, Bryce LeBel and Daniel DiMarco among the juniors this season.

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts
Second Round:

Sam Joseph did not play, but JC Cortez came off the bench for UCLA's 2-1 win over Dylan Sullivan (off the bench) and Clemson.

Redshirt Freshman Andrew Noel did not play in Pitts 3-0 win over Akron.

Nick Schimbeno started and scored the lone goal for Penn who ended up losing to Syracuse AET.

Amir Daley, Kenan Hot and Peter Stroud all started for Duke as they won 3-1 over Denver. Stroud had the first goal. Scotty Taylor came on as a sub.

Matt Frank started in goal and Conner Maurer came off the bench in Stanford's 6-2 win over High Point.

Stanford, Duke, Pitt, and UCLA have Academy alum in the Sweet 16.

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Agreed. Thought he played well as an academy player with the II's.

A slew of academy keepers that are seniors this year (Matthew Frank, Sam Ilin, Francesco Montali, Matthew Goodman). Can see them give a trial to one or two of them.

Other seniors/grad students: JP Marin, Skylar Conway, Dylan Sullivan, Ben Bograd, and Nick Schimbeno.

Next year will be an interesting class: Amir Daley, Conner Mauer, Jared Juleau, Bryce LeBel and Daniel DiMarco among the juniors this season.

dont think any of the goalies are really worth spending any time on. Frank is the best of that group and honestly he will make a lot of money with his Stanford degree not playing soccer than he would in the game.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts
Third Round:

Penn (Redshirt Freshman GK, Andrew Noel did not play) got a late goal to knock out #1 seed Kentucky. Will play Portland in the Elite 8.

Vermont knocked out UCLA 3-0. JC Cortez played as a sub. GK Sam Joseph did not play.

Duke knocked off FIU 1-0. Goal came from RBNY Academy player, Scotty Taylor off the bench. Amir Daley, Peter Stroud and Kenan Hot all started. Will play Creighton in the Elite 8.

Stanford with Matthew Frank starting in goal, Conner Maurer did not play, against UNC Greensboro in a PK loss.

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts
Illia Tyrkus up for Goal of the Year for NYRBII.

@CurseofCaricola

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users