238 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

And people who had season tickets, what % off face value would you recoup reselling your tickets for games you didn't attend?

for my seats we pay 550 for the season.  I am basically always able to sell my seats for cost and make a profit for some games (but you have to list them early and not be too greedy) but one thing i recommend if you cant go to a weekday game ticket trade it on time for a weekend game, then trade the weekend game.  Weekend games obviously are more liquid.  For the season i probably paid net $100-$125 for my seats but i did sell the Barcelona tickets for $300 a pop after ticketmaster fees.  then missed ~ 4 games a seat that we sold.

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,164 posts
  • Supports:Metro

1. Will redditsoccerstreams.net have MLs again in 2023 season?.

2. How to find out which games will be free on Apple tv?

3. Will replays of games be free on Apple TV?

reddit soccer streams was not very reliable last season, doubt they will compete vs apple.  Really hope they win! 

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

I basically use cable channels to watch games. I agree that Reddit wasn't great or even good this past season. It was annoying to constantly change to different sites during a game or game was frozenon a site. The price($0.00) for it was the reason I used it.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

And people who had season tickets, what % off face value would you recoup reselling your tickets for games you didn't attend?

Honestly I feel like every year I end up making like 100$,

I don't go to many games I'm in bk and pretty busy so all it takes is 2/3 'big games' selling at 40$ and then maybe a few stinkers selling at 15/20 but with the Barca game I made the entire season ticket right there.

With the new apple+ I will keep season tickets and honestly might even keep it if I move out of area.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He didnt say much interesting. He did say he thinks he will be a better commentator than he was a player.

He's got some huge shoes to fill if that's the case.

Yup. Hard to see how reducing access to the product helps grow interest in the league.

Agreed, this feel like taking the biggest paycheck for the short term and abandoning the potential for growth in the medium term. Not my problem at the end of the day, but it's a hell of a gamble.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

He's got some huge shoes to fill if that's the case.

Agreed, this feel like taking the biggest paycheck for the short term and abandoning the potential for growth in the medium term. Not my problem at the end of the day, but it's a hell of a gamble.

Only counter there is since some of the spending is tied for revenue increasing budget material so would say is best way to grow game. In list of problems MLS needs to solve attendance issue then turn to TV. TV product looks bad when games arent well attended in some cities

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,185 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

MLS needs to solve attendance issue TV product looks bad when games arent well attended

Where besides us would that be?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Where besides us would that be?

Chicago, San Jose, Colorado, Vancouver, Houston, NYC, Dallas, Miami, probably a couple others.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,185 posts

Chicago, San Jose, Colorado, Vancouver, Houston, NYC, Dallas, Miami, probably a couple others.

I have no way of knowing how accurate these numbers are, but only Miami & Colorado report less than 15K.
Our numbers, of course, are complete BS.
https://soccerstadiu...mls-attendance/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts

I have no way of knowing how accurate these numbers are, but only Miami & Colorado report less than 15K.
Our numbers, of course, are complete BS.
https://soccerstadiu...mls-attendance/

Over 15,000 still looks like shit if you're playing in Yankee Stadium, BC Place, or Soldier Field.

Chicago's numbers were also inflated by Chicharito coming to town - they got like 40,000 for that. If their actual in-stadium attendance for the other 16 games averaged more than 10-12k, I'd be stunned.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,185 posts

Yankee Stadium, BC Place, or Soldier Field.

Vancouver attendance is 75% of soccer capacity.
Chicago has played some games back at Bridgeview.
https://www.chicagof...ee-home-matches
I spoke with a Fire fan, who said there are rumors that the team could return to Bridgeview. Fans cannot tailgate at games and parking is very expensive.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts

Vancouver attendance is 75% of soccer capacity.
Chicago has played some games back at Bridgeview.
https://www.chicagof...ee-home-matches
I spoke with a Fire fan, who said their are rumors that the team could return to Bridgeview. Fans cannot tailgate at g

I have Fire tickets. They aren't moving back to Bridgeview. Their owner already paid $65 million to break the lease there.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,185 posts

I have Fire tickets. They aren't moving back to Bridgeview. Their owner already paid $65 million to break the lease there.

I can only repeat what I was told. He said even the Bears want out of Chicago.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts

I can only repeat what I was told. He said even the Bears want out of Chicago.

The Bears are almost certainly moving to the suburbs - Soldier Field is too small for an NFL team.

The Fire will not be moving any time soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users