One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,663 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Infrequent Metrofanatic poster with the 2022 RBNY post-mortem:

https://twitter.com/...025684201140225

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,599 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I also dont think we need a 10. We have Luq. On the wing, I would like to see ngoma get a look. We need more speed. Etienne would be ideal if he came back.

I hate playing w/o a 10.  I know modern football has moved away from the traditional 10, but I still think you need a guy in the center of the attack that can pass and set guys up.  I'm good with Luq & Morgan as starting wingers and Ngoma & an Etienne-type player as their subs.  We need a "vet" (age 25+) to come in and be the orchestrater of the attack, a DP striker, and a backup striker.  I think Sean Nealis is going to be a starter here for awhile.  He has limitations, but I think he's mostly learned to play smart enough to cover them up.  Not against upgrading his spot, but a right back is the bigger need on the backline.  We also need backups across the defense.

Some of the above doesn't matter if Struber stays, since he's unlikely to play with a CAM and we'll need more CBs since he'll probably go with 3 CBs.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,394 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Infrequent Metrofanatic poster with the 2022 RBNY post-mortem:

https://twitter.com/...025684201140225

He is right on a lot, except when he calls Klimala a "pretty good player".

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Let the games begin.

GK: Coronel, Meara (Free Agent), and Marcucci
I expect Meara to look elsewhere but wouldn't be surprised to see him come back yet again. Marcucci is more than ready to step up.

DEF: Duncan (loan end), Long (Free Agent), Ndam, D. Nealis, S. Nealis, Nocita, Reyes, and Tolkin
Duncan and Long will be gone. Reyes and S. Nealis starting CBs with Nocita and Ndam returning as the backups. Hopefully Nocita can stay healthy. D. Nealis as backup across the whole backline, but if we waive him I wouldn't mind. Tolkin as left back, but need a backup for him. Curtis Ofori has shown flashes in USL, as has Juan Castillo. O'Vonte Mullings should get a look on the right side.

MID: Amaya, CCJ, Edelman, Yearwood, Sserwadda, Castellano, Estrela, Fernandez, Harper, Luquinhas, Morgan, Ngoma, Carmona, and Clark (loan end)
Clark gone. Sell CCJ. Keep Amaya, Edelman, Yearwood and Sserwadda for the two DM roles. Waive Castellano who wasnt good with NYRBII and Wiki Carmona who blasts nearly all his shots into the 20th row. Sell Estrela or cut him loose. We have better prospects and he is eating a roster spot. Keep Luquinhas, Ngoma and Morgan. Fernandez and Harper remind me of players that we will let go and have moments regretting (Etienne Jr., Muyl). Speaking of which, both Muyl anf DE are Free Agents. Wouldnt be overly surprised to see a DE return. Need a true #10.

FWD: Klimala, Manoel (loan end), Barlow, Ryan, Sowe, and LaCava
Use the buyout on Klimala or loan him out for the year. Manoel hasn't done enough to return, but with a preseason he could be decent. Send Barlow to St. Louis for $50k GAM and agreement not to take a player in the expansion draft. Local kid, Carnell likes him. Bring in a veteran MLS striker, a proven DP, and let LaCava, Ryan and Sowe battle it out for the third spot.

Coronel
Right Back - Reyes - S Nealis - Tolkin
Edelman - Amaya/Yearwood
Luquinhas - #10 - Morgan
DP Striker

Bench Options: Meara/Marcucci, Mullings, Ndam, Nocita, D. Nealis, Amaya/Yearwood, Sserwadda, Harper, Fernandez, Ngoma, Backup veteran striker, LaCava/Ryan/Sowe

Blow up the front office. Hamlett and de Grandpre having jobs with their obvious blunder after blunder after blunder is incredible.

if a euro team wants Estrella you consider a sale but you can just loan him down to rb2 to free the roster spot

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts
Bogert and Doyle sum it up<
We missed on DP10 and DP 9 3x and still made it to 4th, playoffs and USOC Semis</p>
and Struber is not the best at coaching offense.</p>

There are plenty of players out their for the getting as shown by other teams (Muktar, Drussi, Cucho, mulitiple Philly, NER NYC) Scheinder needs to get it done.
I would be ok with 1 more year Stuber but if he left and we had viable replacement (Hello Pelligrino its Pork Roll Egg and Cheese and the NY Red Bulls calling)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

..... I dont think sean nealis is good enough to be an everyday starter at CB. He is too slow.

Your Anti-Sean Nealis vibe is a beacon light in a storm, year after year.

For me, Sean Nealis is a-ok. Thats not the issue with this team. 

Get a real Striker, a real 10 and a big time RB, and the defense (even without Long) will be fine. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
If we lose Morgan they have to bring someone in to replace his goals. I can't even imagine basically this same team being rolled out without him. Good lord just kill me.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Your Anti-Sean Nealis vibe is a beacon light in a storm, year after year.
For me, Sean Nealis is a-ok. Thats not the issue with this team. 

Get a real Striker, a real 10 and a big time RB, and the defense (even without Long) will be fine. 

Well, I am just being realistic. If a team values nealis as much as you, then they should sell or trade him. The spine of the team needs to be strong.

Right now he is a liability if the opponent plays direct.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Well, I am just being realistic. If a team values nealis as much as you, then they should sell or trade him. The spine of the team needs to be strong.

please as realistic people look at real #s which contradict your statement.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I prefer Sean Nealis to Reyes.  Nealis is steady.  Reyes is anything but.  Nealis is not going to lose you many games.  Reyes does lose you a lot of games. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

please as realistic people look at real #s which contradict your statement.

I am being realistic. Did you not forget higuain sprinting pass him this season or how many goals were scored on a break because he couldnt catch up?

There is a reason why the defense collapsed when Edward's left. Teams played more direct.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

I have a different opinion on Nealis - someone said somewhere that plenty of teams have won MLS cup with a CB like Nealis as a starter.  But the real purpose of my message was to let you know that I like your consistency with your opinion.    

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If we lose Morgan they have to bring someone in to replace his goals. I can't even imagine basically this same team being rolled out without him. Good lord just kill me.

The nagging thought that we'll lose Morgan will stay with me right up until first kick next season. Trying not to think about it too much in the meantime.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Anyway you cut it - the 2023 team will look a lot different from this year's. 

Lets hope they new group gets new jerseys too. 

We are set the have a new white/light colored jersey next season, I'm hoping it's something that just pops a little more than our last few.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I get the sense Morgan wants to be back in Europe yesterday.  I highly doubt he wants to stick around on this team for another year given the fact that new Sport Director basically said the plan is more of the same.  Morgan clearly has greater ambitions and I do not blame him.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users