• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Yearwood is not worth it. For all the flashes he shows, he's yet to prove he's a 90 minute player. It's been 2 and a half years.

Selling CCJ makes little sense to me. What's there to gain, magical GAM that Hamlett will waste anyway? Re-sign and build around him.

Yearwoods brain fart really hurt the team in the final month too. Im all for second chances, but Im indifferent on him at this point.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,664 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised that Morgan is one of the first to go. I appreciate all that he did in this solitary season, but I understand if he wanted to head back across the Atlantic. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Yearwood is not worth it. For all the flashes he shows, he's yet to prove he's a 90 minute player. It's been 2 and a half years.

Selling CCJ makes little sense to me. What's there to gain, magical GAM that Hamlett will waste anyway? Re-sign and build around him.

in general i don't want any DPs or U22 players my coach doesn't want if hes your long term coach.  If Struber is our guy Yearwood can't come back.  DP/U22 slots are too valuable to fill it with a guy our coach doesn't trust at all.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Let the games begin.

GK: Coronel, Meara (Free Agent), and Marcucci
I expect Meara to look elsewhere but wouldn't be surprised to see him come back yet again. Marcucci is more than ready to step up.

DEF: Duncan (loan end), Long (Free Agent), Ndam, D. Nealis, S. Nealis, Nocita, Reyes, and Tolkin
Duncan and Long will be gone. Reyes and S. Nealis starting CBs with Nocita and Ndam returning as the backups. Hopefully Nocita can stay healthy. D. Nealis as backup across the whole backline, but if we waive him I wouldn't mind. Tolkin as left back, but need a backup for him. Curtis Ofori has shown flashes in USL, as has Juan Castillo. O'Vonte Mullings should get a look on the right side.

MID: Amaya, CCJ, Edelman, Yearwood, Sserwadda, Castellano, Estrela, Fernandez, Harper, Luquinhas, Morgan, Ngoma, Carmona, and Clark (loan end)
Clark gone. Sell CCJ. Keep Amaya, Edelman, Yearwood and Sserwadda for the two DM roles. Waive Castellano who wasnt good with NYRBII and Wiki Carmona who blasts nearly all his shots into the 20th row. Sell Estrela or cut him loose. We have better prospects and he is eating a roster spot. Keep Luquinhas, Ngoma and Morgan. Fernandez and Harper remind me of players that we will let go and have moments regretting (Etienne Jr., Muyl). Speaking of which, both Muyl anf DE are Free Agents. Wouldnt be overly surprised to see a DE return. Need a true #10.

FWD: Klimala, Manoel (loan end), Barlow, Ryan, Sowe, and LaCava
Use the buyout on Klimala or loan him out for the year. Manoel hasn't done enough to return, but with a preseason he could be decent. Send Barlow to St. Louis for $50k GAM and agreement not to take a player in the expansion draft. Local kid, Carnell likes him. Bring in a veteran MLS striker, a proven DP, and let LaCava, Ryan and Sowe battle it out for the third spot.

Coronel
Right Back - Reyes - S Nealis - Tolkin
Edelman - Amaya/Yearwood
Luquinhas - #10 - Morgan
DP Striker

Bench Options: Meara/Marcucci, Mullings, Ndam, Nocita, D. Nealis, Amaya/Yearwood, Sserwadda, Harper, Fernandez, Ngoma, Backup veteran striker, LaCava/Ryan/Sowe

Blow up the front office. Hamlett and de Grandpre having jobs with their obvious blunder after blunder after blunder is incredible.

I hope there's a way to keep Duncan. And hopefully Europe won't come looking for Morgan. And Luquinhas doesn't get pulled to Brazil....

This particular side can use a CM that has the ability to make a final pass and score. Yes there's Cassares and Amaya but there needs to be a upgrade.. If this is the style Struber wants that position is key.

That being said above all this side needs a top end big name goal scorer as CAM and at the #9... They finally need to spend money.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,601 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I hope there's a way to keep Duncan.

No sense keeping Duncan if Struber is the coach.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,522 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I have no interest in keeping Duncan. Find a good RB.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts
Wow... You guys really not big Duncan fans huh lol.... I felt he at least has scored and can provide some sort of contribution when he goes forward.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,328 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Wow... You guys really not big Duncan fans huh lol.... I felt he at least has scored and can provide some sort of contribution when he goes Foward

He was pretty useless this season. Not sure what is going on with him, but I wish him best of luck in Belgium.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

He was pretty useless this season. Not sure what is going on with him, but I wish him best of luck in Belgium.

I still think he has talent but I agree that he didn't set the league ablaze and I don't think he's irreplaceable.

For me Morgan, Luquinhas, Cassares, Amaya, Long, Nealis, Tolkin and Carlos are the only must keeps and the core of the squad...

I would not lament if anyone else left other than those guys. I hope Ngoma and Edelman get better and same for Wiki but they are not good enough nor do they have experience enough to be the core. They're still depth, and need to be developed, they have to work harder and improve.

This core Needs 2 designated players that can score at will.

richbatt

richbatt

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

I bet Yearwood is worth 100k AM and/or a draft pick to another club. Shouldn't let him go for nothing. 

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
I would like to keep Amaya, Coronel, Luquinhas, Morgan, S. Nealis, Ngoma, Tolkin. Anyone else is expendable to me. Would like to get Gutman back too.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Luqui is coming back, but someone needs to decide if he dropped off because he was injured, or because teams learned how easily he can be muscled off the ball.

I can take or leave Duncan, but we need a better option there than him or DNealis.   Harper will probably get more minutes.   He's fast and can get a cross in but is still learning the defensive stuff.

I have never been enamored with Yearwood, but if we lose CCJ, we need someone with some size alongside Amaya and Edelman (assuming he stays).

Whether or not Tolkin stays we need depth @ LB.

Safe to assume Mullins moves up to the first team?   Anyone else from RB2?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,522 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Safe to assume Mullins moves up to the first team?

Id drop Dylan and make Mullings the backup to a first choice RB.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,918 posts
Good post by Brian - stealing his format
Need starting Right Back and DP9 and DP10

GK: Coronel, Meara (Free Agent), and Marcucci
Happy to have Ryan back but ok with another back up.

DEF: Starting RB and long term plan for LB with Tolkin leaving at some point within 1 year.
Duncan and Long gone.
Reyes and S. Nealis starting CBs.</strong> Ndam as CB3 and Nocita if he develops or someone else as CB4.
Tolkin as LB.
D. Nealis keep as backup utility player across the whole backline.
Bring forward Curtis Ofori O'Vonte Mullings as replacement/backup

MID: Keep Luquinhas, Ngoma and Morgan as possible starters. If Morgan goes than need DP10
Fernandez and Harper as back up / rotation starters
Ok with Clark going as he need to develop elsewhere not working for him here
Selling CCJ to take next step and Yearwood.
Keep Wiki and Estrela.

FWD: Bring in a DP9, veteran MLS striker, and let LaCava, Ryan and Sowe battle it out for the third spot.
Buyout Klimala or loan him out for the year.
Manoel pass on loan.
Send Barlow to St. Louis and agreement not to take a player in the expansion draft.
Coronel
Right Back - Reyes - S Nealis - Tolkin
Edelman - Amaya
Luquinhas - #10 - Morgan
DP Striker

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,459 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Luqui is coming back, but someone needs to decide if he dropped off because he was injured, or because teams learned how easily he can be muscled off the ball.

I think Luqui will bounce back. He ended on a stronger note even though he couldn't finish plays like he was at the start. If he can do 7g/6a again next year (hoping he can hit the 10/10 club) but still be a menace when he's not scoring, I think he's doing his part

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users