373 replies to this topic

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls/MetroStars

The games have been so atrocious, that for a second I thought I was back in RedBull Arena . 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

USA played friendlies with Japan and Saudi Arabia right before the WC. Very interesting. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,403 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Woke up to Iran beating Wales... and I think this is very good for us. We knew that we would probably gonna have to beat Iran, but now it's definitely gonna come down to that. And if we can't beat Iran...

In fact, it makes the England game... kinda meaningless? If we win, sure, it's great, and then a tie vs Iran is enough. But if we tie: need to beat Iran to advance. If we lose: need to beat Iran to advance. (Assuming Wales doesn't beat England and doesn't flip goal difference.)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal
Need to at least have the big guys on a minute restriction here or better rotate some of the guys.

Iran generated a ton of chances against England if we can isolate harry against pace we can get our goals.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
If you are Berhalter, what is the move today? I wonder if he subs Long, Yedlin, and Aaronson in for Ream, Dest, McKennie to avoid the latter picking up 2nd yellows and getting suspended for the more important Iran game. Not to mention Ream is old, and the other two are coming back from injury, so playing all three group stage matches might have been a stretch anyway.

I think that is what I would do, along with subbing in Reyna for Sargent and sliding Weah over to striker. Play smart, hope you get a chance to feed Weah running in behind the England CBs.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,403 posts

You FULLY rotate the team. If you beat England, you can still go out if you lose to Iran. If you lose 100:0, you still advance if you beat Iran*. If you tie, you still need to beat Iran.

*Provided Wales doesn't beat England.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,522 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
We can pick a better reserve RB than Yedlin. Hes probably the worst one on the roster. Give me Scally or Shaq before Yedlin.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Woke up to Iran beating Wales... and I think this is very good for us. We knew that we would probably gonna have to beat Iran, but now it's definitely gonna come down to that. And if we can't beat Iran...

In fact, it makes the England game... kinda meaningless? If we win, sure, it's great, and then a tie vs Iran is enough. But if we tie: need to beat Iran to advance. If we lose: need to beat Iran to advance. (Assuming Wales doesn't beat England and doesn't flip goal difference.)

As long as they dont get blown out all they will need to do is beat Iran worse than Wales would beat England

What not beating England would do is condemn US to play the Dutch if the US does advance

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,921 posts
Dempsey and lalas say go for it today v england

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,403 posts

Dempsey and lalas say go for it today v england

Two brightest bulbs in the room. It's so much more important to be rested and healthy for Iran.

As long as they dont get blown out all they will need to do is beat Iran worse than Wales would beat England

What not beating England would do is condemn US to play the Dutch if the US does advance

Yeah, but to finish first we pretty much need to win out. And, sure, that will be fantastic, but you gotta play the percentages. It's what smart managers do to win ballgames.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,288 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I'm not worried about rest, to me it's more important to be careful about yellows today cause if Acosta, McKennie, Dest and Ream get a yellow today they will miss the Iran game.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,328 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
He went with a first choice 11 except Haji Wright at striker. Weird.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

He went with a first choice 11 except Haji Wright at striker. Weird.

I dont get it Gregg, wtf are we doing

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,164 posts

Did Lalas get hair implants??

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,288 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
That was a solid first half, shame we couldn't capitalize on one of those glorious scoring chances. Really does feel like watching the Red Bulls in the playoffs lol

4 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users