One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
of course it did.

/shrugs

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
We're trying to talk about unity?

It might be time for some people to practice what they preach and not look like a sad little puppy when the 2 other sections are singing a timeless classic together and the other section is off doing their own thing..

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

There were times when we were together, and times when we weren't. Sometimes 133 went off & did its own thing, sometimes 101 did its own thing. It happens; not the end of the world. Overall, it was a much better effort. Thanks to all those who worked to make it better, much appreciated.

Agree. Much to some folks here want to believe, many in 133 were making an effort to sing "the Spanish songs"-- Not going to dwell on negatives
Some suggestions:
---Those who don't know the lyrics, just hum and clap along with the song.
--Having more people use their hands to move in the cadence of the song helps keep those farther on the periphery in sync with the middle. The more we use our hands with clapping or in "back and forth--tomahawk like" motions gives a great visual to help keep in sync with everyone.
"Soy Del Metro" was hard to keep up with as it starts off slow and soft-- so from the flank (133) we fell behind at the get go. Practice will help.
--"Take Them All" people tend to sing too fast. By the chorus it sonded as if 101 getting ahead of 133. I can understand as this song is easy to get caught up in singing faster as the song progresses than it is intended to (referring to how the original song is played by the band).
-- The "back and forth song" got off a little disorganized, but IMO, it was funny as Hell as it got going with the NC-17 hand gestures. It lasted longer than it has in the past. I think we should keep using this one as it is the only song that combines a standard song--but also allows for impromptu stuff (does that make any sense?).
---Can we come up with a "standard" song to sing when one of the opposing players is laying on the pitch for a few minutes?
---102 looked sharp with thier yellow and red flags, especiallt the solo large flag. Crisp stuff!!! Some really funny signs scattered through the stadium too (loved the KFC sign!) Kudos. Perhaps each SW section have distinctive color flags (102 keep yellow red, 101 can do retro Metro colors, and 133 use the red and white?)
----After coming home an watching the DVR'ed game, Matrim is right, we sounded awesome on TV. Awesome job to everyone involved!!! Let's keep this going.
--Again the more people use visual cues (hand motions, jumping in unision) the easier it will be to keep in sync.

-edit (sorry for the typos as I wam using an old laptop missing about 12 keys.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I think Shalalalalala New York was great. Sounded good... good addition to the South Ward as a whole. Sometimes songs stick, sometimes they don't. I think that one did.

Took awhile for the Back and Forth to catch on (probably been done 8-10 games thus far), but I like it and others do. I think the trick is to do a different hand / arm gesture with each go round. Someone got annoyed last game when I did a handjob gesture... but it wasn't an insult, just another motion and I think people were doing en masse today. Think they realize were all just trying to have fun. Only so many motions you can make with your arms.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

hoboken16

hoboken16

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Pompey
Finished watching the replay and the SW sounded really good and crisp, you could clearly hear the words in the beginning

Kudos on a job well done

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I think Shalalalalala New York was great. Sounded good... good addition to the South Ward as a whole.

It's pretty easy and it sounds good, I also like it.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

TimKlotz

TimKlotz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Supports:GSFC, RBNY, WHUFC, USMNT
Great job to everyone who put in work on this. HUGE step in the right direction. Still a few problems with staying in sync, doing different songs, etc. but SW was like night and day compared to the Montreal match.

:cheers:
TimKlotz - GSU

What we have here is a failure to communicate
If you gonna hate, might at least get your rumors straight

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
The section was strong last night. My only suggestion is for the back and forth song GSS and VA should go together and then ESC, that way it goes from outside to inside to outside.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts

The section was strong last night. My only suggestion is for the back and forth song GSS and VA should go together and then ESC, that way it goes from outside to inside to outside.

i thought that was how it was supposed to go down, considering that is how Faux and Elseth explained it at El Pastor.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

TimKlotz

TimKlotz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Supports:GSFC, RBNY, WHUFC, USMNT
I think it would work best with the 101 perch as the point to split it all up. Might be harder to coordinate at first, but I don't see 133 and 102 being on time and on the same page with all the motions. Either that or 133 sings at 101, 101 sings at 102, 102 sings back to 101, and 101 back into 133. Change the choreo and repeat. I think the former would be the easiest but the latter would have a pretty cool wave kinda effect. I don't see it being tight if 133 and 102 are trying to do the same thing without 101 as a central focal point.
TimKlotz - GSU

What we have here is a failure to communicate
If you gonna hate, might at least get your rumors straight

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts

Either that or 133 sings at 101, 101 sings at 102, 102 sings back to 101, and 101 back into 133. Change the choreo and repeat. I think the former would be the easiest but the latter would have a pretty cool wave kinda effect.

That was talked about briefly after the game also. That would be a great thing if it could be done.

kmb499

kmb499

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull NY, Everton
Not sure if it's possible, but how about putting a microphone on the bass drum to keep everyone synced?  And only allow the best drummers to play...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
I went over to midfield (125) during the first half. SW looked & sounded great. 101 & 102 seemed full from the start, 133 lower-half full, upper half looked better as the game progressed.
IMO, outside of the SW, absolutely NO ONE is participating. No one picks up on any cheers or songs. The only visible response is when a goal is scored. :(

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

That was talked about briefly after the game also. That would be a great thing if it could be done.

Agree, it would be a great thing. The end of the song should have all three SW sections, in unison, turn around and sing it towards the upper deck (or on those games where the opposing team has a decent turnout of supporters, the whole SW sings it towards their group of fans)--except we're all showing them the bird.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The end of the song should have all three SW sections, in unison, turn around and sing it towards the upper deck

We tried it, but only people in the first row upstairs can see any of the lower sections.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users