magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
https://twitter.com/...4zBFCGrTJIYH7dg

Struber: "Andrés Reyes was involved in small group training yesterday and looked very good. The plan is to bring him back the first week in July. Dru Yearwood will be back on Sunday. Wiki Carmona is out and we have to wait 1-2 weeks more."

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Curious if Gruber will shift the lineup at all cause this is a cross country road trip Sunday game and then short turnaround against ATL at home Thursday? 

He should IMO. Let Luq recover.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

He should IMO. Let Luq recover.

100% agree. Let omir have a run.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
I dont often give the team a pass on games, but Im so happy about Wednesdays result and Strubers approach to that match, that I really dont care what happens on Sunday. That said, I want whoever is playing to go 100%, but if we play a B squad and get run over, so be it.

And I know keepers dont need rest like the rest of the team, but Id be ok letting Meara have this game. Hes as good a backup as there is MLS and it sucks for him that he keeps getting stuck behind some Metro greats. He deserves some minutes, they just cant come in the Open Cup at this point.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Hey guys, long time no post.

Luquinhas has been amazing this year, but does anyone else wish he'd be less dramatic when it comes to faking injuries/diving? He's worse than Felipe was. 

In any event, he and Morgan have been an absolute joy to watch. Morgan reminds me of a better prime Brad Davis. Wish I could say the same for Ashley Fletcher. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Too bad they won't have Bale on board yet. The soccer world has been clamoring for a Bale/Barlow match up.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

https://twitter.com/...709056880381958

Gareth bale going to LAFC and apparently NOT even a DP. Wish we had an ambitious front office. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Wish we had gotten this
Maybe la has similar weather and golf courses to Madrid
Gareth bale going to LAFC and apparently NOT even a DP. Wish we had an ambitious front office. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Glad he won't be on the field against us. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

We'll see how that works out for them.  There's no denying his talent, and Bale should tear up MLS.  But I'm not sure where his head is at now.  It seemed to me that he's basically just looking for a place with no pressure where he can stay in shape until the World Cup.

No doubt, I would have loved for RBNY to have gotten him.  But he's a guy that I could easily see being a big disappointment here.

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

We'll see how that works out for them.  There's no denying his talent, and Bale should tear up MLS.  But I'm not sure where his head is at now.  It seemed to me that he's basically just looking for a place with no pressure where he can stay in shape until the World Cup.

No doubt, I would have loved for RBNY to have gotten him.  But he's a guy that I could easily see being a big disappointment here.

free transfer and not taking up a dp spot. it's well worth the risk.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Glad he won't be on the field against us. 

Why? He is overrated for club soccer. Perhaps if he was wearing the Welsh jersey I would be concerned.but I have full faith the US National Team will come out on top Nov. 21st. Wales has no other options outside of Bale. Mark him out and Wales does nothing!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

also top of the shield standings. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
I wasnt too impressed with the Chiellini signing, but Bale should be great. Hell be motivated to stay sharp for the WC. Not a guy you can throw a lot of money or years at bc hes motivation (to play soccer, not golf) is always questionable. Smart business from LAFC.

That said, I doubt a team outside of the LA clubs, even the NY teams, had a shot at him.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Why? He is overrated for club soccer. Perhaps if he was wearing the Welsh jersey I would be concerned.but I have full faith the US National Team will come out on top Nov. 21st. Wales has no other options outside of Bale. Mark him out and Wales does nothing!

Bale has underachieved at the highest levels of club soccer. MLS is not that. Hell need to play hard and not take the league lightly (see Higuain), but if hes motivated hell be great. Especially for a team that already has the best record in MLS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users