• Please log in to reply
544 replies to this topic

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Luke was/is often injured and henry takes games off for various reasons. I dont see a fwd con-trovacy happening

5 year plan

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
There is no way that Cooper is coming out of the lineup... He's playing great.

Luke will be the third striker and in my world would come on when we have to have a goal. If Cooper starts to fall a bit out of form, then play Rodgers to break some things up. Just ride the hot hand.

And reading between the lines, I'd be shocked if Rodgers isn't going to be here. Hans seemed to suggest in his latest comments that things look really good and his term "new answer" suggests something different from the last answer.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
I wouldn't read into it too much Komba, I'd be amazed if Backe actually had enough information at this point to say one way or the other.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

I wouldn't read into it too much Komba, I'd be amazed if Backe actually had enough information at this point to say one way or the other.

Exactly.

Don't forget who you are dealing with. These are the people who now usea machine so intelligent that not only do you have to nearly strip naked, but you have to take even paper out of your pockets, because it has trouble telling the difference between your boarding pass and a knife. These people don't care and they are not your friend. They have no incentive to tell RBNY anything ahead of their decision.

Boolean

Boolean

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Exactly.

Don't forget who you are dealing with. These are the people who now usea machine so intelligent that not only do you have to nearly strip naked, but you have to take even paper out of your pockets, because it has trouble telling the difference between your boarding pass and a knife. These people don't care and they are not your friend. They have no incentive to tell RBNY anything ahead of their decision.

TSA and homeland security aren't the same thing o_O

NJEuroMutt

NJEuroMutt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls,Nottingham My Kids

TSA and homeland security aren't the same thing o_O

Not the same thing but both under the Umbrella of Cunts....just saying...
I have spoken with a close friend of Luke's and he cant wait to come back but its the same information as it was a few months ago.
Beckham? His wife can't sing and his barber can't cut hair.
Brian Clough

You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow,
You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow...

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Not the same thing but both under the Umbrella of Cunts....just saying...
I have spoken with a close friend of Luke's and he cant wait to come back but its the same information as it was a few months ago.

Cunts why? I don't mind all the security if I get to my destination alive and breathing.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Cunts why? I don't mind all the security if I get to my destination alive and breathing.

Who said anything about "minding" security. Merely pointed out that they have no interest in "helping" anyone. Their mandate is to screen in the case of TSA and to avoid admitting undesireables if you are the HSA. Same point, they are not your friend or Luke's friend in any direct way.

They don't get up every morning and think, "How may I make a visa applicant's day better." They are rated on preventing, not assisting. They have zero incentive to give any more than the minimum of information out. In cases like Luke they are not required to say anything except "it is being reviewed" or "please show up on X date".

That's not to say that in some cases you might be dealing with someone who will give you some information, but in most cases you will be in the dark. The best you can hope for is having an immigration lawyer experienced enough to operate in such an environment. There is no upside for an immigration agent in helping RBNY, only potential downside to their career.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

they have no interest in "helping" anyone.
They are rated on preventing, not assisting.
There is no upside for an immigration agent in helping RBNY, only potential downside to their career.

You're not quite being the VoR here.
For all we know, Luke eff'ed up big time. It could be more than the overstay. There have been rumors that something else happened, which he failed to report. Whether it was here, or over there, we don't know.
Why should someone "help" him or us, if it's on him?
We don't really know what the problem is. Luke & RB do. They haven't told us. Why blame someone else, then?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.

There have been rumors that something else happened, which he failed to report.

So wait, nobody remembers how when he showed up he was injured due to a 'car accident' that happened just before he left England the first time?

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

You're not quite being the VoR here.
For all we know, Luke eff'ed up big time. It could be more than the overstay. There have been rumors that something else happened, which he failed to report. Whether it was here, or over there, we don't know.
Why should someone "help" him or us, if it's on him?
We don't really know what the problem is. Luke & RB do. They haven't told us. Why blame someone else, then?

Sorry, but you are not quite being Bigjake.

I was not "blaming" immigration for Luke's problem, I was responding to why RBNY might not have a sense as to HSA's decision. RBNY may have been given a timeframe when they are likely to hear the decision, but I was merely pointing out there was no obligation for the HSA to hint at the outcome beforehand. The broader picture is that HSA representatives have no incentive to be helpful, hurry things along, "try and make it work", etc. . They don't get brownie points for helping, but they do get spanked for letting in the wrong people, so denial, at least on the first go around, rarely gets an agent in hot water, where as an imappropriate approval (discovered in hindsight) could threaten a career. Nowhere am I passing judgement that if his reapplication is again denied that it is somehow unwarranted. I don't have enough information to make that call.

One of my closest friend's runs one of the top immigration law firms in the country. He tells me it is not uncommon to have no clue what the outcome will be in many caases until the decision is rendered.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I was not "blaming" immigration for Luke's problem ... I was merely pointing out there was no obligation for the HSA to hint at the outcome beforehand. ... One of my closest friend's runs one of the top immigration law firms in the country. He tells me it is not uncommon to have no clue what the outcome will be in many caases until the decision is rendered.

Fine. I know a couple of immigration lawyers myself. My point is, that RB & Luke know exactly what the problem is. They're just not telling us. Again, fine. But they should not act all surprised that his renewal was turned down in the first place, or that he may still have problems obtaining a visa.
Doing something wrong is bad enough. Not disclosing it, only compounds the problem.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
With Luke I'd love to see some kind of 4-3-3 with all the mids we have

----Luke---Cooper---
---------TH14---------

-----Lindpere---------- A-mid
-------------Rafa------- C-mid (poor man's Pirlo)
-----------Dax--------- D-mid

Keeping width would be a concern, but if we can consistently keep the ball moving up to those forwards...good lord that'd be a handful.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Fine. I know a couple of immigration lawyers myself. My point is, that RB & Luke know exactly what the problem is. They're just not telling us. Again, fine. But they should not act all surprised that his renewal was turned down in the first place, or that he may still have problems obtaining a visa.
Doing something wrong is bad enough. Not disclosing it, only compounds the problem.

Well your point is fine, but that is not what we were talking about.

Obviously whatever the exact nature of the "problem" was. RNBY's lawyers felt that it wasn't so bad as to make a reapplication a waste.

I don't recall the team acting "surprised" it was denied the 1st time. Disappointed, yes, but not surprised.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
You can run something of a 4-3-1-2, but that formation relies on wingbacks for width in the attack, so you'd have Solli and Miller as the outside backs with Pearce and Conde in the middle.

But that would be a very, very attack minded formation.
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users