Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

MLS updated the roster, confirming:

International Players (9 of 10 slots filled)

https://www.mlssocce...-york-red-bulls

Finally!

So Lema and Tolkin officially on loan to USL leaving their roster spots open.

25 out of 30 spots filled...
3 open spots (17 out of 20 filled) on the Senior Roster (figure a International can fill one of those spots), 2 spots open on the Supplemental Roster (one has to be an HGP - we should be signing Clark, LaCava or Sowe to that spot).
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Theres going to be more than 1 open spot once we get to the offseason.

Hopefully the manager gets hired early enough so he can potentially have input on signings.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Finally!

So Lema and Tolkin officially on loan to USL leaving their roster spots open.

25 out of 30 spots filled...
3 open spots (17 out of 20 filled) on the Senior Roster (figure a International can fill one of those spots), 2 spots open on the Supplemental Roster (one has to be an HGP - we should be signing Clark, LaCava or Sowe to that spot).

So the only players to be possibly signed from the reserve squad are any/all of the above 3? No one else is up to snuff for this season? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

So the only players to be possibly signed from the reserve squad are any/all of the above 3? No one else is up to snuff for this season? 

I would be delighted if RB developed 3 players
from RBII into the first team annually.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Theres going to be more than 1 open spot once we get to the offseason.

Hopefully the manager gets hired early enough so he can potentially have input on signings.

this is my only mild worry.  I dont think its smart to sign another DP without input from new coach, though style of play we know skill type we need.  But if its a coach with some street cred it may open up some new possibilities.  

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So we got an open inter slot, a few open roster slots, and a GLARING HOLE AT STRIKER. (Remember, Tetteh is an "attacking forward"...)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

So we got an open inter slot, a few open roster slots, and a GLARING HOLE AT STRIKER. (Remember, Tetteh is an "attacking forward"...)

Have a whole winter to address the roster. Doubt anything is going to happen before this window closes.

12 matches left, by the time the player signs, gets a visa, quarantines, and gets up to speed its going to be a signing for next year anyway.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Have a whole winter to address the roster. Doubt anything is going to happen before this window closes.

12 matches left, by the time the player signs, gets a visa, quarantines, and gets up to speed its going to be a signing for next year anyway.

They did trade for an inter slot for this year and next. No reason for THIS YEAR, unless they plan to use it?

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

They did trade for an inter slot for this year and next. No reason for THIS YEAR, unless they plan to use it?

What less could they have given Nashville to just get an international for next year?  I guess they could have gotten more allocation, but maybe they couldn't get anything else out of Nashville.  Even if they only planned to use it next season, it's worth getting for this season too, just in case.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

promote Rito to the 1st team? he's from VEN, no word about him getting a GC recently. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

promote Rito to the 1st team? he's from VEN, no word about him getting a GC recently. 

Not good enough

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Yup, but getting even a few games this year and a full pre-season will make a huge difference for next year.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Are we really gonna sit on an open slot THAT WE TRADED FOR?

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Are we really gonna sit on an open slot THAT WE TRADED FOR?

Muyl addition by subtraction? (700 minutes for Nashville, 0 goals, 0 assists)

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Id be more upset if it was only for 2020, its a 10th spot for 2021 with a new international manager and international HOS running things.

Id expect all 10 to be filled by the start of next season, and some new faces occupying the spots that are currently filled.

Struber knows what type of player he needs to play how he wants, so its up to him and Thelwell to figure out who on the current roster is going to stick and what they need to bring in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users