• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Clearly I'm not as high on Stroud as you guys are, but right now I've got him pegged as Muyl 0.5 or worse

Muyl's first season (age 21) - goal/assist every 199 minutes
Stroud's first season (age 24) - one assist in 559 minutes

Muyl played on a better team under a better coach so there's mitigating circumstances here, but I'm not yet convinced Stroud didn't hit his ceiling in USL. You could convince me to keep him on the back of the roster to fill in if a bunch of guys get hurt at once, but not as the first guy off the bench each game like he is now.

Imagine him playing with like um BWP

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Imagine how many assists Stroud would have if there was a player in the box for any one of his dozens of balls placed perfectly ...like a forward...one that was not far below average...one, anyone, that has a goal in more than one game this year after 17 games played.

It has an impact I'm sure, I guess I'm just not remembering those dozens of perfectly placed passes. Maybe the frustrating plays in this last game against Miami where he missed some very simple setups by taking extra touches are still too fresh in my memory. I'll do my best to give the guy a fair shot in the next few appearances.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, put me in the camp that's a huge fan of Stroud.  It's really a good thing that he's worked out as well as he has.  As others have pointed out, you MUST have guys like him to round out a roster in this league.   He creates turnovers exceptionally well, has good quickness and athleticism.  Busts his ass out there too.  He has a spot on any team I have, for sure.

Metrosct

Metrosct

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

It has an impact I'm sure, I guess I'm just not remembering those dozens of perfectly placed passes. Maybe the frustrating plays in this last game against Miami where he missed some very simple setups by taking extra touches are still too fresh in my memory. I'll do my best to give the guy a fair shot in the next few appearances.

Huh....his crosses are routinely blocked by the primary defender.  it's been the same game-after-game.  Hopefully his decision making will speed up.

He should not be in our first 11.  Late game sub for now.

Muyl is a good comparison - although I think Alex is the better player (at this point).

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Imagine how many assists Stroud would have if there was a player in the box for any one of his dozens of balls placed perfectly ...like a forward...one that was not far below average...one, anyone, that has a goal in more than one game this year after 17 games played.

If we had one of those, Stroud would be getting a nice raise next year.

But instead we have 4 forwards in which they have collectively scored in two games this year...out of 17.

Also, imagine a 15 16 year old Stroud in todays' academy and getting RBNY2 time (assuming he is not a late bloomer).  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Huh....his crosses are routinely blocked by the primary defender.  it's been the same game-after-game.  Hopefully his decision making will speed up.

He should not be in our first 11.  Late game sub for now.

Muyl is a good comparison - although I think Alex is the better player (at this point).

Im a Stroud fan, but this is so true. Its like his passes have magnets into a defenders shin. The guy must kick 10 balls directly into a defender a game. A lot of them ending up being corners so thats ok. But I dont recall any magical amazing passes.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Let Stroud take free kicks close to goal. Seriously. Better than the garbage we have going on.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'm all for Stroud being on the roster. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Any word if this will be open to fans?

Unfortunately TFC wont be selling tickets to this match even though CT sports venues can open up to 50% of their capacity as of October 8th

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Clearly I'm not as high on Stroud as you guys are, but right now I've got him pegged as Muyl 0.5 or worse

Muyl's first season (age 21) - goal/assist every 199 minutes

Stroud's first season (age 24) - one assist in 559 minutes

Muyl played on a better team under a better coach so there's mitigating circumstances here, but I'm not yet convinced Stroud didn't hit his ceiling in USL. You could convince me to keep him on the back of the roster to fill in if a bunch of guys get hurt at once, but not as the first guy off the bench each game like he is now.

If we are going to compare stats, why look further than this season:

Muyl 2020: 667 mins, 0 goals, 0 assist

Stroud 2020: 558 mins, 0 goals, 1 assist

This is Muyl's fifth season and Stroud's first.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Barlow White up top.

Stroud Rza Valot and Yearwood, outside of Dru playing CDM, not sure how the midfield is gonna look. Stroud at wing, maybe? 

Pendant Tarek Parker Duncan

Meara 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Rza on the left, Stroud on the right, Valot and Dru in the center, 4-4-2?

Unless its a diamond with Valot or Stroud as the CAM with the other on the right, Rza at LCM

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

I get squad rotation, but why no Long two games in a row?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Cangelosi tweeted he's carrying an injury. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

bla.jpg

They finally fixed it!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic