I don't care. Rest everyone.

purojogo

purojogo

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Supports:Metro, US, Peru, U
YES!!! If Marsch plays all our big players it would be so dumb ....

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
It's a home game and we need those points badly. Marsch is going to have to pull off a miracle to get 3 and then go out to KC and win the Cup.

But hey if we could defend better we wouldn't find ourselves desperate for 3 at this point in the season so they have no one to blame but themselves.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Watch duka and kieta run shit on the wings.....only to have muyl start vs SKC

5 year plan

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
It's a given that we're going to make the playoffs and seeding is meaningless in that competition. The smart move would be to rest the starters and play them fresh for the chance at a Cup on the 20th. Winning the Open Cup would give us a guaranteed spot in the next CONCACAF Champions League, which would make up for pissing away our chance at the Supporters Shield this season by refusing to sign players during the offseason.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

It's a given that we're going to make the playoffs and seeding is meaningless in that competition.

It matters for the first round because you get a home game instead of an away game in the one leg first round.  Getting up to fourth place is important.  The difference between 3rd and 4th is meaningless.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

It matters for the first round because you get a home game instead of an away game in the one leg first round.  Getting up to fourth place is important.  The difference between 3rd and 4th is meaningless.

Would rather play TFC later, though. Their great form may fall apart or they could lose on a fluke to someone else.

Also obviously more points = better in order to host the Cup vs whoever wins the West. (I know, getting ahead of myself)

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Let's be honest, Felipe is playing 90.

We should be able to handle Philly at home with some squad rotation, but my guess is we more or less see the first team and Marsch will hope to get a lead and pull SK and BWP relatively early. Then we'll see more squad rotation in Columbus after the Cup final.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Basically, we can't have more than 5 international players on the gameday 18 for the USOC. Start and play all the internationals that won't be in the USOC 18, Felipe Sacha and BWP. Pull Sacha and BWP in the 2nd half against Philly, don't let 'em go the full 90. Dunno if Royer plays against Philly or in the USOC. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Robles
Adams-Zizzo-Murrillo-DP-Lade
Bezecourt
Keita-Duka-Etienne
Veron
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

purojogo

purojogo

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Supports:Metro, US, Peru, U
What If the final goes to 120 minutes and/or PKs though?!? I do not think it is worth the risk to play Felipe 90 , and Jesse should know as much with only a three day rest window

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
I think we treat it the same as the last go around. Rest the players on the game following the Open Cup. Don't like the idea of our players going 10 days between games so they should play vs Philly. Just take the meaningful guys like BWP and Sacha out early.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

It's a given that we're going to make the playoffs and seeding is meaningless in that competition. The smart move would be to rest the starters and play them fresh for the chance at a Cup on the 20th. Winning the Open Cup would give us a guaranteed spot in the next CONCACAF Champions League, which would make up for pissing away our chance at the Supporters Shield this season by refusing to sign players during the offseason.

Arent we already in?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It's a given that we're going to make the playoffs.

No it's not. If we continue to defend like this we're going to give up goals at home. If we drop points at home we're in big trouble.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

No it's not. If we continue to defend like this we're going to give up goals at home. If we drop points at home we're in big trouble.

You can't make comparisons between the road and home.  And clearly ya, if we drop points at home we're going to be in trouble, but we won't be dropping enough for it to matter.

We are making the playoffs, it's just a question of seed.  And to be honest, I'm not so sure that seeding matters much in this league.  I've bothered caring about it before and it's meant absolute shit.  Just make it and get hot.  That's all these playoffs are about.  Not even much about being good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users