182 replies to this topic

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

The whole midfield looked great against Mexico.  I'm excited for Adams to see more time in MLS this year.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

nice write up on how good a game Adams had.  They said he had so many interceptions he probably appeared on Mexico's passing matrix - lol

http://www.mlssoccer...t-time-31-years

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Keep saying it but Adams is a star.  Our best prospect and the kid will be a regular on the men's national team. Someone I think he compares to is Kante.  Tireless worker, causes turnovers, excellent speed and athleticism, not going to blow the world up with goals or assists.  (Although remains to be seen how good Adams gets offensively) He's an even bigger reason why Dax was traded compared to Davis.

Really just comes down to health.  And hopefully he's interested in spending his entire career here.  

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Keep saying it but Adams is a star.  Our best prospect and the kid will be a regular on the men's national team. Someone I think he compares to is Kante.  Tireless worker, causes turnovers, excellent speed and athleticism, not going to blow the world up with goals or assists.  (Although remains to be seen how good Adams gets offensively) He's an even bigger reason why Dax was traded compared to Davis.

Really just comes down to health.  And hopefully he's interested in spending his entire career here.  

I found it hilarious that Once a Metro called him AmeriKante.  

And ditto on Adams, he is by far our best professionally tied prospect in the system right now, and its crazier when you realize he is playing up an age group and would qualify for the next U20 World Cup in two years if they make it.  I'd be happy with Adams if we can get 3 good seasons out of him, hard to expect him if he comes close to his potential to be here long-term.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Keep saying it but Adams is a star.  

Everybody knows Adams is the real deal.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Everybody knows Adams is the real deal.

Hah, OK.

I remember a thread ranking our top prospects and certainly don't remember Adams being the top ranked on a few lists.  He's far and away our best.  Etienne second.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He's one of those guys who seems to magically appear out of thin air defensively, his instincts are so, so good. He'll make a really great counterpart to Davis next to Felipe this year.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Hah, OK.

I remember a thread ranking our top prospects and certainly don't remember Adams being the top ranked on a few lists.  He's far and away our best.  Etienne second.

If he was behind anyone it was probably just based on his age.  Not that Davis is a prospect, but if Adams is behind Davis is mostly because Davis is six years older.  RB signed him when he was 16(?), so he's obviously in a different class, with maybe only Etienne close.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

The thread discussed "Prospects." That involves predicting future. If people considered him being too young, that should have only helped him.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

The thread discussed "Prospects." That involves predicting future. If people considered him being too young, that should have only helped him.

To be fair sometimes with these prospect rankings one of the things people consider besides the ceiling of the player, is the certainty that the player reaches his potential.  Davis doesn't have the ceiling Adams does but the odds Davis reaches what many of us view his potential (~ top 30 MLS center midfielder) to be is higher than Adams.  At this stage Adams is still a better prospect because he has improved a lot since last year to close the gap more between potential and reality.  Whereas Etienne to me could easily bust, so I am not sure if he is a better prospect than Davis, even though his ceiling is higher.  Just look at Abang.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Ok, I found that thread and maybe folks on this site had Adams rated lower than a lot of other prospects, but if you read about soccer outside of here if been pretty evident that Adams has the biggest upside of any player to ever come out of the RB Academy.

But you're right, here he wasn't rated as highly.

Rating prospects is not just about their ceiling.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

To be fair sometimes with these prospect rankings one of the things people consider besides the ceiling of the player, is the certainty that the player reaches his potential.  Davis doesn't have the ceiling Adams does but the odds Davis reaches what many of us view his potential (~ top 30 MLS center midfielder) to be is higher than Adams.  At this stage Adams is still a better prospect because he has improved a lot since last year to close the gap more between potential and reality.  Whereas Etienne to me could easily bust, so I am not sure if he is a better prospect than Davis, even though his ceiling is higher.  Just look at Abang.

Yep, completely agree.  

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I think it's also because he's a defensive player. Defense is boring.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Is it true that this is the last season on Adams' contract, or did I mishear Seeing Red?

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sean Davis isn't the new Dax. Tyler Adams is the new Dax. We're just waiting for him. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users