#2 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:29 AM

We stole "We Love Ya" from Columbus, who stole it from St. Pauli.

#3 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:41 AM

So I guess every chants is fucking stolen. Recycle. Reuse. Repeat.

Let's Eat!

#4 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

We stole "This is LA" from AEG who bought it from The Briggs.

#5 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:00 AM

We stole "We Love Ya" from Columbus, who stole it from St. Pauli.

Um wasn't it from Sam's Army?
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#6 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

So I guess every chants is fucking stolen. Recycle. Reuse. Repeat.

I think Never Rest Easy is the only unique one we have.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#7 Dude Love

Dude Love

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:32 AM

Stopper also wrote "Ohhhh, Galaxy, ohhhh, Galaxy, ohhhh, Galaxy, let's go LA Galaxy!" (the post-sensei chant) and "Galaxy, Galaxy, oh oh oh oh oh" (which isn't done as much anymore).

I thought the Union stole the idea to do Biz Markie, but as I posted on the other thread, a Google search has it in their MLS Cup 2009 songbook. So two fan groups out of nowhere decided to do Biz Markie? Was it that Heineken commercial, or Yo Gabba Gabba?

#8 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:35 AM

I think Never Rest Easy is the only unique one we have.

I always thought that one sounded an awful lot like the one that goes "woaahhhh woahhhhh woah woah woahhhhh, woaaah woaaah woaahhhhhoooohhh U S A!"

It's impossible to really describe it with a keyboard.

Whatever, they stole it from us.

#9 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:36 AM

Was it that Heineken commercial, or Yo Gabba Gabba?

Yeah, that's when the old 137 sang it. I have no idea when that was. Probably right before Philly stole it from LARS.

#10 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:46 AM

I don't want anyone stealing my chants anymore (those ACB guys stole my 'O Landon Donovan' chant) so I'm just going to not sing them in public anymore.

#11 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

Or at least lock them up after games. Implant a microchip in them or something so we can trace them.

When I worked as a teller, we had a fake strap of bills that had exploding ink in it, so if a robber took our cash we put that in the bag too. And once he went outside it would trip a sensor and the permanent ink would explode like 30 seconds later.

We need chants with permanent ink that explodes if they go outside our section.

#12 Dude Love

Dude Love

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:50 AM

Yeah, that's when the old 137 sang it. I have no idea when that was. Probably right before Philly stole it from LARS.

But...how? I mean...when would they have heard it? We obviously didn't play Philly last year, and it's not like anyone was dumb enough to put a live mike in front of 137.

Quakes supporters, yeah, they stole everything that wasn't nailed down. And when ACB did Just a Friend at the Open Cup game against St. Louis, I was pretty sure where they got it.

But this one is just weird. If the Sons of Ben say they came up with this on their own, I'd be tempted to believe them.

#13 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:56 AM

But this one is just weird. If the Sons of Ben say they came up with this on their own, I'd be tempted to believe them.

Me too. Mostly because of how gay (in a non-equal rights fight way) their "modified" lyrics are. We do that shit old school. Their version sounds like that "shoot me now, I don't wanna live in a world with this level of stupidity" version of YNWA the Earthquakes attempted.

#14 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:02 AM

I'm not being serious. All these chants are recycled in one way or another. I think lightning did strike twice with Biz Markie though. It was a popular song for a summer or something when a lot of us were young/kids, and it was featured in that national commercial a while back.

We Love Ya came from Sam's Army in Columbus, the proud patriots who witnessed the Dos A Cero brought it back. Look somewhere in here and you'll see Ozzie suggesting it after that trip.

And now there's some German commie in Hamburg cursing about how the Americans stole his chant.

He forgot, however, that he stole it from Whoopie Goldberg in Sister Act, his favorite movie (the irony there is for another post).

And I'm sure the chick that sang it in the 50s HATES Whoopie for starting all this.

#15 Dude Love

Dude Love

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:12 AM

I'm not being serious. All these chants are recycled in one way or another.

They are, and they aren't. Trying to sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" is just not cool. While this wasn't a chant, there was some serious hurt feelings from Chicago over "Stand and Deliver" being used on a Kansas City scarf. And, like I said, stopper wrote at least two that are still in the rotation.

But everyone in the world ripped off "I Will Follow Him" from St. Pauli, apparently. "Seven Nation Army" before that. And I think the "Insert Name Here Until I Die" bit came from West Ham originally. There are definitely stuff that MLS fans import wholesale and rape to death - er, I mean, adapt for their own purposes.

I'm just focused on this one, because it's so out there. I mean, I know you weren't serious, but lots of songs were popular in our childhoods, but you don't hear people doing "Rock Me Amadeus" or "I'm Too Sexy." Picking Biz Markie is still mysterious for ONE group, let alone two. It's almost as if the "Total Eclipse of the Heart" thing had caught on, AND someone else was doing the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users