152 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Taxi is right. everyone else who says different AINT ON THE INSIDE. I'll take the opinion of a motherfucker from inside that locker room rather than ppl in the fanbase getting heated when ppl suggest spending $$ on improving the top end of the senior roster. 

Agree about spending $$, just think theres a disconnect in the 2 sides of the fanbase regarding the reality of RBNYs philosophy.

The people who want 30+ year old Euro superstars on the last legs of their careers are never going to get that here.

Some people in this fanbase want Zlatans, Balotellis, Mandzukics, etc., when more Kakus or players a step below Kaku are the more realistic targets.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Agree about spending $$, just think theres a disconnect in the 2 sides of the fanbase regarding the reality of RBNYs philosophy.

The people who want 30+ year old Euro superstars on the last legs of their careers are never going to get that here.

Some people in this fanbase want Zlatans, Balotellis, Mandzukics, etc., when more Kakus or players a step below Kaku are the more realistic targets.

Anyone who's expecting those types of stars are in a small minority. Most people are asking for more Kaku level players, which is totally reasonable.

I believe Sacha had similar comments after he left. Something like...he liked it here, but Red Bull wasn't willing to spend to get another player who could be the final piece. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Anyone who's expecting those types of stars are in a small minority. Most people are asking for more Kaku level players, which is totally reasonable.

I believe Sacha had similar comments after he left. Something like...he liked it here, but Red Bull wasn't willing to spend to get another player who could be the final piece. 

Sacha definitely did. And Taxi echoed the sentiment just days ago. but fuck those guys INSIDE the locker room. 

all they're asking for is help to ease the burden of being run into the ground every game in shit weather conditions. imo, when the team says "the right fit" it just means that the guys that are interested in coming here, aren't cuz the team isn't willing to pay close to what the player wants. hence all these other guys that are brought in. the team loves it when a guy who'll end up making 55k-80k agrees to play here. not some guy who could be $400k and up against the cap, and it shows. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

What is NYRB/RBG strategy for NY?

Wondering about this especially in light of Kemar comments which I see as confirming Sacha comment and what many have said/posted over the years.  I saw the comment as pretty disappointing as it confirms we are not being given $$$ to execute. 

No comment on if the people in place can execute (different thread) just on the fact that NYRB seems to not be getting the $$$ level to TRY to execute which I think is BS by RBG.

In light of the various comments and hirings strategy seems to be:

2019 - run it back again with almost same SS winning team and give BWP and Luis one last shot.  No comment on players leaving like Tyler or the coach.  

2020 off season 

- out with old generation BWP and Luis. 

- Bring youth forward.  

- only sign players who are <26 (unless it is a vet from RBL/RBS like RZA or Segaya)

- put in place new academy director. develop more players from area and add in players from outside area.  New director has this direct experience and success at Barca AZ academy.  Started

- add more Ralf.  As RBG Global sporting head I think he is now more involved in NYRB development.

- put in place new analytics and scouting personnel.  Just done in last 2 months.  

- maybe identify another loanee/development loanee from RBL/RBS other RB network (a la Southhampton/Sims)  

It seems like they will:

- maybe acquire a player maybe not during the winter (I'm disppointed to as I want high level AM/8/left winger - Brian Lozano or an age appropriate suggestion from Milo)

- Be more active during summer window

Question for me is will RBG now finally provide more $$$ for this strategy??

They did for RBL/RBS and now RBB.   

We know based on comments by Sacha, Kemar others they did not want to in the past.  

Will they starting now provide now provide more $$$? 

Addition - Yes I think they will start to spend more but not until summer unless they find that magic person who fits the system.

winter - sign young prospects 

summer - 6 months analytics and scouting and more Ralf - More $$$ in the summer.

Happy rainy off season Saturday!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

There's a lot of room  between those two sides.    I think most here want (and should reasonably expect) guys higher than Kaku, but not aging stars.   The Pussetto and Vela and Martinez types.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

There's a dozen players in their mid 20s that have played great in recent season, in South America and I only say South America because I like to watch the Argie and Brazilian and Colombian league and have internet stream of those leagues games and while they are probably good enough to play in Europe they haven't been scooped up.. They aren't on their last legs and are more than just a flash in the pan they've solidified talent.. But they aren't going to be a 6 million dollar transfer... No one is asking for them to get a transfer of 100 million.. But it maybe be needed to spend 10 or 15 million and...maybe even 20 - 40 million... And while that's way more than what has been spent, they may have to if they want to out do other teams on the pitch..

They should pay Kemar more he's the best left back in the league.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

There's a dozen players in their mid 20s that have played great in recent season, in South America and I only say South America because I like to watch the Argie and Brazilian and Colombian league and have internet stream of those leagues games and while they are probably good enough to play in Europe they haven't been scooped up.. They aren't on their last legs and are more than just a flash in the pan they've solidified talent.. But they aren't going to be a 6 million dollar transfer... No one is asking for them to get a transfer of 100 million.. But it maybe be needed to spend 10 or 15 million and...maybe even 20 - 40 million... And while that's way more than what has been spent, they may have to if they want to out do other teams on the pitch..

They should pay Kemar more he's the best left back in the league.

While there are a few promising players in SA, they all might actually not fit the profile that RBG looks for. Otherwise they would be snatched by the German or Austrian teams already

One good exercise would be to go back to all the names Milo has come up with and see where they are now, what is their salary and transfer fee. That way we could determine a ballpark hit/miss ratio

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

While there are a few promising players in SA, they all might actually not fit the profile that RBG looks for. Otherwise they would be snatched by the German or Austrian teams already

One good exercise would be to go back to all the names Milo has come up with and see where they are now, what is their salary and transfer fee. That way we could determine a ballpark hit/miss ratio

Cristian Pavón, Andrés Ibarguen pre América move, Yimmi Chara pre Brasil move...

That's off the top of my head...

But Inter Miami are rumored to be in for Exequial Palacios for 23 million..

So if the league is a single entity, and approve that kind of spending, you mean to tell me Jorge Mas grosses so much more than Red Bull?! So they can't send money from HQ to spend the same, say on Gabriel Barbosa?! ... I'm not attacking anyone here when I say "you", I say "you" figuratively....

I just find it frustrating that other teams are making good moves that New York could very realistically make as well
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Milo, let me rephrase the question. People on these boards bitch and moan about RBG being some kind of penny punching organization, the only spends money on the RBL and RBS teams, and that RBNY is just the forgotten child and feeder club, yada, yada, yada. You know the usual complaints.

So what is stopping them to bypass the NY team altogether and just spend the money for the likes of Batigol for their European teams instead?

That was my original observation, maybe they really do not see those promising SA players as fitting their system. I am not agreeing nor disagreeing with their approach, but find it puzzling

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Well I would say that implementing a multi-team global system is...dumb.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

implementing a multi-team global system is...dumb.

If there is a system, we are the bottom rung.
We were the new toy in 2006.
A new stadium, big ideas and hopes.
Now, RBNY is an afterthought, if that.
Leipzig is the big club.
We will be 4th, below Bragantino.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
The strategy will be very similar to rbs.

Invest in youth teams and sign u 24 players. Play ralf ball. Be a top team domesticlly and be competitive internationally. Sell establish player for 5m to 20m. Repeat process.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

2020 off season 
- out with old generation BWP and Luis. 
- Bring youth forward.  
- only sign players who are <26 (unless it is a vet from RBL/RBS like RZA or Segaya)
- put in place new academy director. develop more players from area and add in players from outside area.  New director has this direct experience and success at Barca AZ academy.  Started
- add more Ralf.  As RBG Global sporting head I think he is now more involved in NYRB development.
- put in place new analytics and scouting personnel.  Just done in last 2 months.  
- maybe identify another loanee/development loanee from RBL/RBS other RB network (a la Southhampton/Sims)  

It seems like they will:
- maybe acquire a player maybe not during the winter (I'm disppointed to as I want high level AM/8/left winger - Brian Lozano or an age appropriate suggestion from Milo)
- Be more active during summer window

Think that's pretty much spot on. Assuming Sims is the rumored foreign singing, I'd unfortunately guess that our starting 11 and even the immediate depth beyond that is settled. Of course, the Taxi situation is up in the air and Long may be sold, which would then necessitate a like-for-like replacement (or, more likely, a worse replacement).

Otherwise, I think we are going with

Meara
Taxi* - Long* - Parker - Duncan
Casseres - Davis/Rza
Royer - Kaku - Sims
White

Immediate depth
New GK guy - Tarek, Buckmaster - Rza/Davis, Muyl, Omir - Matty Ice/Barlow

Hopefully I'm wrong, but do not expect any other signings. Maybe another desperation late summer signing that has no time to get going.

Growth from young players (esp Jorgensen... the only way is up?) and improvement from the backline and Kaku/Sims may get this team to the playoffs and possibly a home game, maybe? But not an MLS Cup.

Also fully expect regression from White rather than improvement (people have mentioned his unsustainable finishing rate), so that's something to look forward to.

nymetrofan90

nymetrofan90

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

The strategy will be very similar to rbs.

Invest in youth teams and sign u 24 players. Play ralf ball. Be a top team domesticlly and be competitive internationally. Sell establish player for 5m to 20m. Repeat process.

Can an RB Salzburg strategy work in MLS long term though and would it help the club's profile in New York? Honestly, I doubt the answer to both questions is positive.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Can an RB Salzburg strategy work in MLS long term though and would it help the club's profile in New York? Honestly, I doubt the answer to both questions is positive.

I think the strategy could work longterm. The youth team and reserve team would need to be top notch.

Now raise NYRBs profile... the only way that would happen is if we win an international trophy or if we develop the next donovan who leads the USMNT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users