• Please log in to reply
698 replies to this topic

#586 haggis

haggis

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

poor marking by Lando leads to pass back/shot/handball/pk/goal.

Lando makes up for it.

1-1
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#587 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Clint has been a ghost so far.
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

#588 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

Clint has been a ghost so far.

1 or 2 touches for 45 minutes....a ghost for sure.

Hey, Kool Aid!

#589 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

You know, when Landon doesn't have to defer to other players (Beckham, Bradley) he's pretty good.

#590 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:03 AM

You know, when Landon doesn't have to defer to other players (Beckham, Bradley) he's pretty good.

"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#591 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:12 AM

We're seeing the influence he could have if he were not "willing to do the defensive work," Wynalda's words. At Everton Moyes doesn't need him for defense. He needs him to create opportunities. Lando was the difference today, as he was in two of their previous games. We are seeing what could be the case on the G's if LD could do the things he does best. Everton needed goals. LD shows up and guess what, they start scoring goals.

With all deference to Clint Dempsey, LD is a more influential player game in and game out. Dempsey makes plays, there's no denying it, and managers learn to leave him in the game because he is more likely than anyone else on the roster to come up big. But when LD is in form he makes a difference throughout as long as he is not being asked to do either too much, or things he isn't world class at doing.

On the US Nats and since Beckham at the G's, he has constantly been forced into roles that don't suit him at his best. He is very professional about it, "as Beckham likes to advocate." I liked LD when he wasn't quite so professional and was willing to speak the unvarnished truth and dictate more on the pitch.
:pint:

#592 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

It's amazing how much Wyno can talk and not say a goddamn thing. And why can't JP pronounce names?

Those two almost made the game unwatchable.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#593 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

It's amazing how much Wyno can talk and not say a goddamn thing. And why can't JP pronounce names?

Those two almost made the game unwatchable.

Without a doubt, they are the worst commentary pairing on this earth
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#594 Rick Two

Rick Two

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, UCSB

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

There were some commenters on the Guardian liveblog for the Barcelona-Real Madrid game this week saying the same about Ray Hudson. I set 'em straight, very politely — love that guy.

I am so convinced that Jim Watson and Mark Rogondino are worse than anyone in the history of sports play-by-play that I can't even remember hearing Wynalda and Dellacamera call a game, even though I know I just watched a game with them in the last couple weeks..

#595 ABES

ABES

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Sex, Chicks, Cars, Money, Food.. listed in matter of importance
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy USMNT

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Posted on grandolteam.com Everton boards

Originally Posted by TheBlueGibbon: "I like the American commentators, I want them permanently mate. So much more entertaining than listening to some dodgy ex-kopite complaining about how the game has gone soft."

"spot on mate, funny pronunciation, hilarious vocabulary and not a clue about how sh*te we are. And the greatest TV ads ever so bad I was actually unsure if they were spoofs or not"

So... they want them

#596 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

So... they want them

they can have them.

Hey, Kool Aid!

#597 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

Via Adam Serrano, Jeff Cunningham on why he's playing in Guatemala

I've always scored goals, and for me it's part of who I am, and not doing that or not having the chance to score goals, part of me is missing. I know love and family and sex and all of that is important, but to not get the chance to score goals, you don't feel quite like yourself. Some people like surfing, some like reading books. I like scoring goals. Not getting a chance to do that, I feel a lack in my life you know?

#598 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

Well, it sounds like Mr. Cunningham has a clear sense of his priorities. And if he scores muchos goles, his chances of getting nookie and quite possibly love improve, too.

In the interests of diplomatic equity, however, it would be awesome to see him blow off the Guatemalan all-star game for the opening of a Hooters in Columbus.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#599 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

Wow, so no one in MLS would sign Cunningham? That can't be true. I'd rather get $53 dollars a match in the PDL than play in Guatemala. Good luck to him....... I guess.

Let's Eat!

#600 DogHair

DogHair

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, S & P FC, Hull City, Jebus

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

Wow, so no one in MLS would sign Cunningham? That can't be true. I'd rather get $53 dollars a match in the PDL than play in Guatemala. Good luck to him....... I guess.

If he can go somewhere and gain more from it, then, why not? :cheers: This is not 20 years ago. No one (In the futbol scouting world) is receiving match details by fax anymore, at least, I hope not... :blink:
Slap & Pickle F. C.: Playin' for the high one, dancin' with the devil
going with the flow, it's all a game to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users