48 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Matt Olusunde?

Sell Murillo. Bring back a HG. NYRB has his rights.  Apparently he can play RB/LB and wing.

Matthew Doyle‏Verified account @MattDoyle76
FollowFollow @MattDoyle76
More

Matthew Doyle Retweeted Andy McCloud

Because #RBNYMLS_19_RBNY.png have his rights and are going to sell their starting RB this summer.

MUXxT8qo_bigger.jpgutdreport‏ @utdreport
FollowFollow @utdreport
More

#mufc will release the following players this summer - James Wilson, Regan Poole, Matty Willock, DJ Buffonge, Zak Dearnley, Callum Whelan, Tom Sang, Tyrrell Warren, Millen Baars and Matty Olosunde #mulive [mail]

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
I hope not
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Can this Team sign players that are not 1) former Academy/RB2 players or 2) long term projects like Jorgensen?? If they sell Murillo and only replace him with another unproven kid, this is ridiculous!!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Can this Team sign players that are not 1) former Academy/RB2 players or 2) long term projects like Jorgensen?? If they sell Murillo and only replace him with another unproven kid, this is ridiculous!!

Murillo was unproven and then became MLS All Star
If there is anything we know is how to produce defenders

That being said some USYNTs have come to league especially NYC in Parks and Torres and dont recall them playing.

Would rather make this move AND add a high level / young promising attacker (or Mario Goetz)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

That being said some USYNTs have come to league especially NYC in Parks and Torres and dont recall them playing.

Would rather make this move AND add a high level / young promising attacker (or Mario Goetz)

Olosunde could still join the team with murillo on the squad. If that is the case, Duncan or lade could lose playing time.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

1. Good point about Murillo. I think he played a lot with RBII the first season.

2. NYCFC are idiots.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
With how he's played this season, who would buy Murillo?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

He has the gold cup to prove himself. Same as Kaku and Copa America

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

any club looking for a bit of a bargain with good upside.  Maybe his focus issue is due to wanting to be in Europe.  most players have up and down in form.  Coach could probably encourage it out of him.  And if they have another legit RB he would have to be focused to beat that person out. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Anyone who be upset with Murillo leaving and Olosunde coming in as his replacement, don't be.

Olosunde is a stud that was mishandled with ManU, but not enough to regress.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Anyone who be upset with Murillo leaving and Olosunde coming in as his replacement, don't be.

Olosunde is a stud that was mishandled with ManU, but not enough to regress.

any idea if this tweet by Doyle has any remote substance or just speculation based on release and past rumors? 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

any idea if this tweet by Doyle has any remote substance or just speculation based on release and past rumors? 

Doyle doesn't drop transfer news like Twellman, this is almost certainly speculation on his part. Olosunde was supposedly in talks to return here last summer too so this isn't exactly coming out of nowhere either.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Yeah, this is an @MLSTransfers -esque rumor if I ever saw one.

Dyer reported last year Olosunde had preliminary talks with us. Murillo has been in talks to be sold.

Olosunde is a perfect fit for this system. Speedy wingback that can cross the ball well.

I'll wait for Dyer to chime in if it has any merit.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Buy low, which is why Id prefer not to sell him at this point in time. Hes only 23 and has the physical tools, I certainly understand the interest in him. Hes looked pretty good his last 2 starts. Maybe he starts stringing them together and builds up his value a bit. All that being said, I certainly wouldnt be devastated to see him leave. We have 3 other defenders much more vital to our success.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
MLS all star last year, current fixture for his national team at age 23. Hardly "buying low".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users