411 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

Honorable mention to the throw in/corner fiasco that Boy City is probably still crying about to this day. 

Probs not cause they have a home semi final in two days

:(

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,500 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Ive been saying I didnt think buckmaster was an mls defender and I stand by that, imo it cost us this match.

Weve had 4 better RB in the last year 3 could have been on the field.

Murillo
Duncan
Kutler
Rito

So much to say about the coaching but look at the team on paper and in terms of $$$ that started and came in.

This loss was on the front office; if Murillo isnt in the plans cut him or something. Duncan / Bucky isnt good enough starter / backup.

Not having any type of destroyer or attacking mid or ST that could make a difference is on them.

Kutler showed about the same amount of glimpses as Buckmaster. Strong early then fell apart with the USL team once he moved back down. Had signed with Pittsburgh late in preseason, had a falling out and was let go. Didn't catch on anywhere else.

Rito is absolutely a better choice, but international player, and he was brought in on loan to NYRBII, not the first team. Knowing our FO, they wouldn't spend the money to his parent team, given Buckmaster had upside as well.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Kutler showed about the same amount of glimpses as Buckmaster. Strong early then fell apart with the USL team once he moved back down. Had signed with Pittsburgh late in preseason, had a falling out and was let go. Didn't catch on anywhere else.

Rito is absolutely a better choice, but international player, and he was brought in on loan to NYRBII, not the first team. Knowing our FO, they wouldn't spend the money to his parent team, given Buckmaster had upside as well.

I was so impressed with Kutler's passing, but I guess he couldn't defend to save his life.  Was there ever any thought to converting him to a wide midfielder?

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

I was so impressed with Kutler's passing, but I guess he couldn't defend to save his life.  Was there ever any thought to converting him to a wide midfielder?

He was a 10 / wide mid his whole life before we tried to convert him to RB.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,300 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I dunno. I hated the result, but I thought that it would be a rollover and lose 4-0 thinking about it on the bus ride down. Shame about Sims and Kaku. I enjoyed the time spent hanging out, singing for 120+ mins, vaping and consuming edibles, leaving it all in the stands. 

Fuck the weather, tho. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,876 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I enjoyed the time spent hanging out, singing for 120+ mins, ... leaving it all in the stands. 

Props to you, and the traveling South Ward supporters!
6 buses: 3 VA, 2 ESC, 1 GSU, plus plenty who drove.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Culture beats strategy everytime... Yea maybe the high press strategy implemented well has yielded some supporters shields but the culture of not spending on clutch big name DPs who are leaders on the pitch and the culture of taking the playoffs lightly and or culture of flat out choking in pressure packed games is very apparent and stronger than the Red Bulls GmbH and Ralfball
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users