• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Fair point on Sacha, the 3-3-3-1 hid a lot his of movement issues.

Sure, Murillo would be fine in a 3-man back line, but he wont have anywhere near the impact there as he does at fullback. Hes a good defender thats excellent getting forward. You take away his biggest strength of playing him at CB.

Understood and definitely not my first choice.  Just like Adams there more if we were to go with that formation.  Personal perfect world is if we go with that 4-2-3-1 and use Tyler in the Muyl spot. 

Unfortunately think we are wasting our time though.  It's clear that Armas likes Muyl just as much as Marsch did.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
-BWP
Kaku-Adams
Taxi-Rza-Davis-Murillo
Long-Parker-Escobar

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Gimme a real attacker on the wing. Adams at RWB and Murillo at RCB  in the 3331 worked like gangbusters last year. Allowed them to morph into a 4 man backline as needed.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

-BWP
Kaku-Adams
Taxi-Rza-Davis-Murillo
Long-Parker-Escobar

This is essentially what we did for stretches of the CCL, but with Royer playing high up near BWP instead of Kaku. I really liked the way it looked, kept the field a little more open which should suit Armas but kept the defense solid too.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

only thing that needs tinkering to get the balance right is the right side of the starting XI formation. entrusting it to Muyl/Lade every week is not a good look. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

This is essentially what we did for stretches of the CCL, but with Royer playing high up near BWP instead of Kaku. I really liked the way it looked, kept the field a little more open which should suit Armas but kept the defense solid too.

Im extremely high on how good Escobar looked early in the season and kind of pissed off he never featured more.

With Valot out and Royer having a mediocre season I think its time to make room for Escobar in the lineup. Still early enough to play around with things.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

only thing that needs tinkering to get the balance right is the right side of the starting XI formation. entrusting it to Muyl/Lade every week is not a good look. 

That's how KC made it such a game, they threw so many people at those two and it worked. Lade has a nasty habit of jumping out of position for a play he has no chance of making. Check out KC's attack on Saturday (from whoscored).

9NbHH2j.jpg

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Totally. I'm sure the long term plan isn't for Lade at least to be the RB starter. Hopefully the same is true for Muyl as well, although he's somehow survived for a long time now.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

That's how KC made it such a game, they threw so many people at those two and it worked. Lade has a nasty habit of jumping out of position for a play he has no chance of making. Check out KC's attack on Saturday (from whoscored).

9NbHH2j.jpg

Wait, Muyl intense pressuring didn't deter them...

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Rza should start after that performance from the bench. Drop Muyl play Rza Wide left.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

I saw comments on twitter that basically confirmed Lade is starting over Murillo which is wild. Can't remember who posted them tho

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I saw comments on twitter that basically confirmed Lade is starting over Murillo which is wild. Can't remember who posted them tho

If its not transfer related, maybe its a disciplinary issue. Maybe, with a potential move looming, Murillo has not trained hard since returning. If this move is based purely on Armas thinking Lade gives team a better chance to win, he should be fired immediately and replaced by Woly.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

If its not transfer related, maybe its a disciplinary issue. Maybe, with a potential move looming, Murillo has not trained hard since returning. If this move is based purely on Armas thinking Lade gives team a better chance to win, he should be fired immediately and replaced by Woly.

That's spot on, but I think it's pretty clear it's transfer interest from teams and not Armas being clueless.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Revs are already down 1-0 in Minnesota. Keeper got chipped. Minny and chipped goals, man. Fucking WILD. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Revs are already down 1-0 in Minnesota. Keeper got chipped. Minny and chipped goals, man. Fucking WILD. 

Why am I getting a sudden sense of deja vu...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users