40 replies to this topic

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

They won't, they have always allowed you to bring in 1 bottle of water though.

Really? I didn't know that. It has to be sealed?

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Really? I didn't know that. It has to be sealed?

Yes has to be sealed and then security will ask ya to take the top off but can bring in one per person. I freeze them before the hot summer games, never had an issue and its been allowed since the arena opened and hopefully they never change it.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Very grateful that I will be fully vaccinated by then. Id do the PCR test. Small price to pay for a day at the stadium for me. However...will beer be served...? Cause THAT impacts my decision more than the test!

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Saw this...

"We intend to host roughly 2,000 fans at every game, beginning with the February 23 Knicks game against the Warriors and the February 26 Rangers game against the Bruins."

MSG is a closed venue....makes sense.....RBA is open air. If folks now want to use science, then you have to make sense of certain situations. Outdoor dining is ok, indoor is not (at certain capacity), etc....

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

MSG is a closed venue....makes sense.....RBA is open air. If folks now want to use science, then you have to make sense of certain situations. Outdoor dining is ok, indoor is not (at certain capacity), etc....

Agreed. NJ allowed HS football fans at games (limited capacity) but no fans for indoor basketball right now. They allowed limited fans to Somerset Patriots games but none for indoor devils games. My guess is 10% capacity of indoor events now will be higher for outdoor events come April/May

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

So... everyone who wants to go to a NYRB game can attend.

I actually laughed out loud at this

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,036 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Agreed. NJ allowed HS football fans at games (limited capacity) but no fans for indoor basketball right now. They allowed limited fans to Somerset Patriots games but none for indoor devils games. My guess is 10% capacity of indoor events now will be higher for outdoor events come April/May

It depends on how they space it, but pretty much any arrangement that  has two seats of distance between pods of 4 seats gets you to about 10% capacity.     Pods of 6 gets closer to 15% capacity, so they can finagle a few more people in if they put a sharp pencil to it, but it would only be 2,000 or maybe 2,500 either way.     Maybe have the suites set up for larger groups of vaccinated people.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,300 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
They should allow a higher percentage outdoors.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,036 posts

They should allow a higher percentage outdoors.

pretty difficult to do that with any kind of spacing between groups.  A two-seat buffer pretty much eats up 80-90% of the space

I drew it out better, factoring in aisles and stuff, and you could maybe get as much as 40% capacity with a two seat buffer around 6 person pods.    A three seat buffer drops it to maybe 30%.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
https://www.nbcnewyo...r-fans/2883926/

$200 just for the testing in addition to the cost of the tickets.

No chance in hell I'll ever go under these circumstances. Fuck that.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

Like 90% of the games I've been to its been me and whoever is with me up above Southward all the way up by ourselves anyway, so I'd feel pretty safe going to a game. I realized this past year how much I like going to games, definitely something I miss a lot.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Ive been tested a ton of times now for a variety of reasons and never had to pay a cent. Always covered 100% by insurance

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,036 posts

The test cost is meaningless to the target audience  For the Nets, the cheapest tickets are $650/game, and you have to buy a pack of 20 games.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Ive been tested a ton of times now for a variety of reasons and never had to pay a cent. Always covered 100% by insurance

I know at CVS they wont take your insurance if the test isnt pescribed by a medical professional. A nonessential PCR Covid-19 Test costs $140. However you can just lie on the online form and say it was recomened by a doctor or medical professional. They dont follow up. So I guess my original point was moot lol

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
You can get the test for free at the local level, at least in NJ. Various levels of government (city, county, not sure about state) offer the pcr test for free. I just got one a couple of days ago

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users