Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Well, if you hate the team you supposedly support and want them not to succeed, that's kind of the opposite of the definition of a fan.

We always win when its raining brov.

I like wins too.

Not always, but some really memorable wins have occurred during torrential downpours, should anyone care to recall them. SJ last yr, last home game of 2009, Houston at home, etc.

But let's just all assume it's about not supporting the team. Well done.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers

Go support another team.

Why should I go support another team when I have invested so heavily into this club over the years? Just because I want the team to win more than you do.....

wabbit67

wabbit67

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I think the stadium will be full on Sunday if they have to walk through Harrison and the Ironbound giving out tickets on Sunday morning. There is no way Heck will let that place be empty after all the controversy this off season. What you wont know is what he really sold and what he gave away or greatly reduced.

First time in 13 years I won't be at a home opener. But I'm sure Mr Heck won't miss me. All his seats will be warmed one way or the other.

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

I think the stadium will be full on Sunday if they have to walk through Harrison and the Ironbound giving out tickets on Sunday morning. There is no way Heck will let that place be empty after all the controversy this off season. What you wont know is what he really sold and what he gave away or greatly reduced.

I certainly wouldn't put it past Heck. After hearing the flood of radio advertisements he placed on WFAN my feeling is that Heck will throw money at the problem (i.e. growing the RB fan base). Should he fail he will then throw up his hands and say something like: "well, I tried, soccer will just never succeed in this country" and walk away. It's called "going through the motions".

Just my feelings.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Dyer with a brief Q&A with Heck.

Noticeable commentary (between the lines) is that renewed seats are significantly down from last year. Which he relates to a 3rd year in a new building. Sure that's part of it, but we all know that's not the full story.

Says new season tickets are up dramatically.

Mentions a new sponsor (good thing) that actually has clout.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull
I hope people watched the seattle-houston game last night to see what a packed house looks like.... in case you have any ideas of

15,000 people using the urinal as an excuse for the empty seats

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
It's nice to have a packed house, but if it isn't 100% full it's not the end of the world. I'll be there doing my part.

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Supports:Metro
"We partnered with Legends, who are affiliated with the Cowboys, Yankees, Goldman Sachs."

Extraordinary tone-deafness! Apart from the fact that I can't imagine what use Goldman Sachs has for a hospitality contractor, why would you mention any kind of indirect association with what many consider to be one of the scummiest companies in contemporary America?
No one makes TV commercials to get people to look at their billboards.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Goldman Sachs.

Aren't all those companies chock full of gaping awewounds? Less so in their IT depts, but for the most part, I've had access to the written transcripts of their telephone comversations at one of my old jobs, and they are total fucking pieces of shit, no matter the corporation.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

-DELETED-

-DELETED-

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York
Heck on Seeing Red! said they did an analysis and saw a direct correlation (last year) between attendance and the record of the team.

We played better with more folks at the games.

Not advanced mathematics by any means but good front office thinking.

Heartened by the beginning (hope it's only the beginning) of a marketing campaign.

I want to see as many people there as possible tomorrow for all the right reasons.

It's a huge game and we pretty desperately need a win.

Lets Go Red Bull! Lets Go Metro!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I hope it rains and no one shows up.

Why?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

UpTheRe'Bulls

UpTheRe'Bulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Man City, FC St Pauli
The secondary market rate on the ticket resale sites should be a good barometer of demand. Are the tickets currently trading at a premium or at a discount?
On LinkedIn? Join us in the unofficial Red Bulls group Scarves Up!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The secondary market rate on the ticket resale sites should be a good barometer of demand. Are the tickets currently trading at a premium or at a discount?

MLS tix almost never get a premium, except for exhibitions or David Beckham sell outs. StubHub is down to about 300 unsold tix.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

There are tickets available in all LOWER bowl sections ... Rows 4, 5, 11. Now, there is a chance that there are seats in Rows 4 and 5, but nothing above them as they are cheaper and the best seats will be sold to walk-ups. If so, then Heck's strategy will look like success.

Some people sucked it up & paid more to sit in their same seats, others moved back a few rows, to save a few dollars/pay the same as last year. We'l never get a straight answer on this issue from the FO. Perhaps the first 3 rows are a mix of old-timers and the massive influx of new STHs alleged by Heck. I would think that those further back will just slide down & fill their old seats, or rows 4 & 5, until bumped.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users