79 replies to this topic

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Like the move if he can get some playing time there. However with Danladi and Christian Ramirez there, will that actually be the case? Seems strange that Minnesota would be targeting him. 

I'd love to see him get a chance somewhere else. Here he ain't playing over BWP. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Yes please.  Baby Bulls will suck even more without him, but he really does deserve better.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I'd be happy for him to get MLS time, he really deserves a chance to make it and if he's not getting it here then we should let him.

Maybe he'll go there and bang a few in and get a legit chance to play next year.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Baby bulls will suck but hopefully it'll make other guys raise their game. That team is purely to develop players for first team.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

What type of hit to the confidence does this move do though. RBNY can't score for shit and this dude has to go elsewhere to get some minutes. Pretty damn incredible. 

Sal Zizzo and Connor Lade are first off the bench before a striker when we are down a goal. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

What type of hit to the confidence does this move do though. RBNY can't score for shit and this dude has to go elsewhere to get some minutes. Pretty damn incredible. 

Sal Zizzo and Connor Lade are first off the bench before a striker when we are down a goal. 

BWP is not the reason we're not scoring more. I don't think he has to play 90' every game like Marsch does, but Marsch doesn't give guys chances. You win the spot in practice and then you play every minute that you physically can.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Baby bulls will suck but hopefully it'll make other guys raise their game. That team is purely to develop players for first team.

Huge opportunity for Douglas Martinez, Junior Flemmings and Florian Valot.
With Bonomo returning from injury and Ben Mines being almost ready to contrubite regularly, plenty of guys that deserve a chance.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I don't mind this one bit...

I have said it before and I don't think Allen is MLS level.  To win in this league, your strikers have to be one of your best players, not just OK.  I just don't see enough from Allen to think that he could hit that level.  He has no speed at all, doesn't play particularly strong, and while he's a good passer and pretty good on the ball, he's not great enough with those skills to make up for his other limitations.

Typical baseball player who can hit 30 HRs at the Triple A level but can't do anything of consequence at the MLB level. Or football player who dominates in college but doesn't translate to the NFL. 

I hope we didn't wait too long to maximize his trade return.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

I agree with everyone who says Allen just doesn't look like he could be a MLS level player but id also like to say what chance has he got. He needs a legit shot, and I think most of us would rather see us use him then Veron at this point. Plus I think having a physical player to be a big body in the box late wouldn't be the worst thing for this team.

I would much rather just give him 20 mins here and there and make the 18 consistently then sending him out on loan but if thats how he gets his MLS chance then I'm all for it.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Like the move if he can get some playing time there. However with Danladi and Christian Ramirez there, will that actually be the case? Seems strange that Minnesota would be targeting him. 

I'd love to see him get a chance somewhere else. Here he ain't playing over BWP. 

He might have a shot. Dalandi, has maybe 1 or 2 goals so far this season.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I agree with everyone who says Allen just doesn't look like he could be a MLS level player but id also like to say what chance has he got. He needs a legit shot, and I think most of us would rather see us use him then Veron at this point. Plus I think having a physical player to be a big body in the box late wouldn't be the worst thing for this team.

I would much rather just give him 20 mins here and there and make the 18 consistently then sending him out on loan but if thats how he gets his MLS chance then I'm all for it.

Agree. I think allen would be perfect when a team just sits back. We need pure finishers in the box. I would rather him get a shot when that scenario occurs.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Dyer:

Hearing loan of #RBNY Brandon Allen to Minnesota United is looking likely. Could be in place by mid-month.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
I'm most curious on what we get for Allen. Draft pick, allocation dollars, a player?

Meanwhile, Allen (who just scored his 30th USL goal) named to USL TOTW for the 3rd time this season.

@CurseofCaricola

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

There's something to be said for a guy who just...scores, and Allen is that guy. I hope he shows well in Minnesota and Marsch and company feel comfortable enough to lean on him behind BWP.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
Has that Kenny Cooper vibe to me.

No speed, head down with the ball, not overly good at much, but almost always get in the right spot and scores in bunches.

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users