Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Unused sub.
Another A. Romero had 2 goals!

I was so excited when I pulled up the game on google and saw 2 second half goals from A. Romero.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,836 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I was so excited when I pulled up the game on google and saw 2 second half goals from A. Romero.

You are not alone.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,119 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

O' Romero, Romero wherefore art thou?

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,463 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Next Tuesday night Paraguay plays at Venezuela, so we might see Kaku and CCJ take the field against each other, but probably not ...

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"The league stopped caring about us when the slavers ponied up money for the abortion across the river." - MetroFanatic

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,617 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If Kaku can't get on the field for Paraguay imagine how far down the Argentina depth chart he'd be...

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,367 posts

Looks like Casseres made the game roster vs Colombia.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,726 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
Rolf Günther Feltscher Martínez Is Venezuelan?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Like obves

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,836 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Jawohl!
https://en.m.wikiped...man_Venezuelans

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,367 posts

Casseres makes debut for Venezuela. Adds to illustrious list of players who made their national debut while with Metro:

http://www.metrofana...sts.jsp?TYPE=28

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Casseres makes debut for Venezuela. Adds to illustrious list of players who made their national debut while with Metro:

Jonny Steele. Huh. Well Ill be a monkeys uncle.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,726 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Do you think you could put their age at time of cap on the list? Or too much work.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,367 posts

Do you think you could put their age at time of cap on the list? Or too much work.

I already have a way to calculate ages for some of these lists... (http://www.metrofana...ists.jsp?TYPE=8 for example), so easy enough.

Done.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,463 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

I thought Chris Megaloudis would be on this list but apparently he was only on trial with Metro when he debuted for Puerto Rico and didn't actually sign until 2 months later.

I know that  other "Boricuas" like Petter Villegas and Taylor Graham didn't debut until after they left Metro

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"The league stopped caring about us when the slavers ponied up money for the abortion across the river." - MetroFanatic

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,367 posts

I thought Chris Megaloudis would be on this list but apparently he was only on trial with Metro when he debuted for Puerto Rico and didn't actually sign until 2 months later.

I know that  other "Boricuas" like Petter Villegas and Taylor Graham didn't debut until after they left Metro

Megaloudis does appear on World Cup (Qualifying) Goals with Metro:

http://www.metrofana...sts.jsp?TYPE=27

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users