@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,842 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
League leaders, TFC are 5W-1D-0L in their last 6.
It will take a special effort for us to even take a point.
OTOH, their draw was against DC. Why not us?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Low expectations for this one. 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,624 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Meara
Duncan-Parker-Long-Pendant
Rza-Yearwood
Valot-Clark-Stroud
Royer

Royer in his natural spot, Barlow up top, Stroud to the bench and I like this lineup. Barlow's not good, but Stroud is worse and Royer doesn't do well up top.

I like the idea of a Yearwood/Rza combo if Yearwood is OK sitting deep and playing cleanup. Gives Rza a little more freedom to roam and pick out aggressive passes which I think suits him.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

We have a long way to go, but I'm actually really looking forward to our fully fit best XI towards the end of the season.  It's not going to do anything in the playoffs, but I think we're moving in the right direction for next year.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,267 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Barlow's not good, but Stroud is worse

Stroud needs to be faster in his decision making, but he presses as good as anyone and his passing is decent.  With time the game will slow down for him, at least a little, and he'll be fine.  Not saying he should start, but not a bad player to come on as defensive sub or a spot starter.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Stroud needs to be faster in his decision making, but he presses as good as anyone and his passing is decent.  With time the game will slow down for him, at least a little, and he'll be fine.  Not saying he should start, but not a bad player to come on as defensive sub or a spot starter.

Muyl 2.0 or better. These guys are extremely important to have to round out a roster.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Not every RB2 graduate or academy player will have the potential of Clark. These players are valuable because they are comfortable in a pressing system and dont cost as much as some MLS or European journeyman depth player.

Hopefully with a higher caliber professional at the coaching position in addition to our head of sport, they will use this offseason to take advantage of the flexibility Stroud type players provide to improve the top end of the roster.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

This

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Any word if this will be open to fans?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Any word if this will be open to fans?

Whalers fans? ;-)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,624 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Muyl 2.0 or better. These guys are extremely important to have to round out a roster.

Clearly I'm not as high on Stroud as you guys are, but right now I've got him pegged as Muyl 0.5 or worse

Muyl's first season (age 21) - goal/assist every 199 minutes

Stroud's first season (age 24) - one assist in 559 minutes

Muyl played on a better team under a better coach so there's mitigating circumstances here, but I'm not yet convinced Stroud didn't hit his ceiling in USL. You could convince me to keep him on the back of the roster to fill in if a bunch of guys get hurt at once, but not as the first guy off the bench each game like he is now.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Whalers fans? ;-)

Would consider driving up to Hartford for this

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Clearly I'm not as high on Stroud as you guys are, but right now I've got him pegged as Muyl 0.5 or worse

Muyl's first season (age 21) - goal/assist every 199 minutes
Stroud's first season (age 24) - one assist in 559 minutes

Muyl played on a better team under a better coach so there's mitigating circumstances here, but I'm not yet convinced Stroud didn't hit his ceiling in USL. You could convince me to keep him on the back of the roster to fill in if a bunch of guys get hurt at once, but not as the first guy off the bench each game like he is now.

Imagine how many assists Stroud would have if there was a player in the box for any one of his dozens of balls placed perfectly ...like a forward...one that was not far below average...one, anyone, that has a goal in more than one game this year after 17 games played.

If we had one of those, Stroud would be getting a nice raise next year.

But instead we have 4 forwards in which they have collectively scored in two games this year...out of 17.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users