What players leave in the 2017 Summer window?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Gotta figure Veron, can have a DP that's only used as a late game impact sub.

Adams? So far he's said all the right things about wanting to stay, but let's see if he feels the same way after offers start coming in.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Adams? So far he's said all the right things about wanting to stay, but let's see if he feels the same way after offers start coming in.

Odd thing about Adams is for all the pundits who are sure he'll be in Europe by the end of 2018, we haven't heard all that much in the way of teams reaching out with interest. I'd be surprised if he moved as early as this summer.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Veron - would have thought a month ago but depending on what happens I would be in favor of keeping him.

They should just buy down his salary already.  For a 200K player he is ok.  It is the 2M transfer fee that inflates things. 

Adams - he is on contract until EOY2017 so I don't see him leaving before then - may sign a pre-contract though.  He is well aware of what is happening with his U20 teammates, Shalke boys + Matt Olusunde at ManU and Miazga.    

They should go Young DP contract (apparently they offerred DP 4 to Maizga).  That would be the way to go with him. 2 yrs young DP.  Basically guarenteed a starting spot and chance to grow.  Can go to Europe in 2019 just after World Cup to grow into spot then. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,020 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
Too early for Adana I think. He needs a lot more games.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

way too early for Adams IMO.  i think if he makes the world cup squad (unlikely but who knows), then he will be gone after next summer. 

Veron i can see sticking around at a non DP contract.  if we re-sign him to ~$200K (his current salary), then he wouldnt be a DP anymore since his DP status until now was largely based on his transfer fee.  Of course the flip side to this is maybe he has had enough and refuses to re-sign with us, becomes a free agent, and goes back to Argentina. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,664 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

way too early for Adams IMO.  i think if he makes the world cup squad (unlikely but who knows), then he will be gone after next summer. 

Veron i can see sticking around at a non DP contract.  if we re-sign him to ~$200K (his current salary), then he wouldnt be a DP anymore since his DP status until now was largely based on his transfer fee.  Of course the flip side to this is maybe he has had enough and refuses to re-sign with us, becomes a free agent, and goes back to Argentina. 

That's the first I've seen that his salary is $200k.  Never saw the breakdown of the $500K cap hit between xfer fee and salary.   Argentina is a tough place to go back to these days.    He would definitely stay for $200K, and that's not a completely horrible number as a #3 winger/backup to BWP.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

That's the first I've seen that his salary is $200k.  Never saw the breakdown of the $500K cap hit between xfer fee and salary.   Argentina is a tough place to go back to these days.    He would definitely stay for $200K, and that's not a completely horrible number as a #3 winger/backup to BWP.

Player's Union listed him at $200k for 2015 when he joined, $500k every year since then. I can never remember if they pro-rate salaries on those reports but that would make sense if it were the case here. Can't recall if transfer fees are accounted for either, but its possible that the fee only started to apply to the cap in 2016, which could also explain the jump.

Either way, Veron on a $200k salary would be great, can't imagine anyone would have many complaints there.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

could only hope this tweet is somewhat true (for selfish teams sake on re-signing him) and because Adams is a BALLER and will bounce back hard.

MLS Transfers Source: Tyler Adams stock dropped after the NYCFC match in June. No opportunities to move overseas currently. Hertha Berlin still monitoring

Silly overreaction. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

With Grella getting hurt gotta think nobody goes, unless they trade (Sacha).

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,664 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Player's Union listed him at $200k for 2015 when he joined, $500k every year since then. I can never remember if they pro-rate salaries on those reports but that would make sense if it were the case here. Can't recall if transfer fees are accounted for either, but its possible that the fee only started to apply to the cap in 2016, which could also explain the jump.

Either way, Veron on a $200k salary would be great, can't imagine anyone would have many complaints there.

I imagine there are at least a few who wouldn't want him here at at any price, taking up a roster spot.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users