179 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

We have a small, diehard fan base ... the South Ward and a few thousand ..., nothing we can do about other people not showing up. That's the team's responsibility. 

IMO, existing fans can try to bring old fans back, or potential new fans, on an individual basis. There are some STs in 101 owned by ESC, to keep the section sold out, which AFAIK are sold each game to ESC members and perhaps guests. 133 has empty seats, but IDK how they are marketed.
There are some things that RB does. NAWT: Never A Wasted Ticket gives ST holders the chance to switch game tickets to another match, at no extra charge.
There are also emails to STs offering deals on extra tickets.
I would also expect that RB sends mass emails to an existing database of those who have previously purchased tickets, whether single-game or ST. I get emails regularly from other MLS clubs, from whom I have previously bought tickets as an away fan.
I presume that RBNY keeps its marketing efforts secret, probably more from embarrassment than strategy. (I cannot imagine any other business seeking to emulate the RBNY model!). However, emailing seems an obvious and simple method.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

133 has empty seats, but IDK how they are marketed.

I've wondered how this is handled now that GSU has lost it's recognition. 

Unfortunately, I can't imagine it filling up, other than once in a blue moon, as it currently stands. GSU can't fill it themselves and they also serve as a deterrent to many. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

GSU can't fill it themselves and
they also serve as a deterrent to many. 

GSU are in the first few rows.
There are plenty of ST holders in the higher rows,
with no SG affiliation AFAIK.
The sad truth, is that the SGs cannot fill the SW.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Savarese17

Savarese17

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
GSU a deterrent? Just like ESC is an insular base with half-hearted boring chants you could time with a watch, and this is without the try-hard nature and in-fighting that happens. Excitement is at an all-time low, then again it's impossible to start from scratch. Will slowly dwindle as all the dinosaurs in 101 get older and eventually quit.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Will slowly dwindle as all the dinosaurs in 101 get older and eventually quit.

Quit? Die, perhaps, but not quit! Metro Til I Die!

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

GSU a deterrent? Just like ESC is an insular base with half-hearted boring chants you could time with a watch, and this is without the try-hard nature and in-fighting that happens. Excitement is at an all-time low, then again it's impossible to start from scratch. Will slowly dwindle as all the dinosaurs in 101 get older and eventually quit.

There's one section in the South Ward that is consistently half empty and it's 133. That has nothing to do with ESC. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

half empty ... 133 ... has nothing to do with ESC. 

AFAIK, there are about 1,500 seats in the SW.
It would be nice if 101 had an overflow into 133.
LAFC has 3,252 in its end, sold out since Day 1.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

3252 with safe standing. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

3252 with safe standing. 

Duly noted. Stubby index finger.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
https://www.prosocce...ium-with-tarps/

Nothing new here, but now gaining traction outside just our little bubble.

If you ask me, this year's attendance failure is mainly caused by:

1. Path debacle - you killed the main artery from NYC to the stadium

2. Ongoing parking and traffic issues.

3. Overlooking the "casual" Newark and Harrison fan by switching to mobile only. Missed opportunity to have discounted paper tickets, promos, etc sold directly inside shops on Ferry Street, Frank Rodgers Blvd, etc.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

4. MLS and NYRB minimizing the importance of the regular season.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

4. MLS and NYRB minimizing the importance of the regular season.

Regular season importance is higher than ever given the new playoff system.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Regular season importance is higher than ever given the new playoff system.

Exactly, finish first and you don't even have to travel anywhere during the playoffs. Would have been huge for us last year but what else is new.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

In a few years there will be at least 29 teams (Sac and STL will be announced soon as per rumors), then 30, then before you know it, 32.

With 30 or 32 teams, a non-playoff format is logical. For 30- 3 divisions of 10. For 32- 4 divisions of 8. Play home and home within your division, then 1 game against every other team. Both ways, it comes to 38 games, leaving no time for playoffs. There will be 3 or 4 Division winners at the end of the season. Division winners could have a preseason tournament in Jan/Feb prior to concacaf CL.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

In a few years there will be at least 29 teams (Sac and STL will be announced soon as per rumors), then 30, then before you know it, 32.

With 30 or 32 teams, a non-playoff format is logical. For 30- 3 divisions of 10. For 32- 4 divisions of 8. Play home and home within your division, then 1 game against every other team. Both ways, it comes to 38 games, leaving no time for playoffs. There will be 3 or 4 Division winners at the end of the season. Division winners could have a preseason tournament in Jan/Feb prior to concacaf CL.

We know how much you enjoy the playoffs. I also find them to be frustrating. But are you serious?? Who in their right mind would want 3 or 4 division Champions? What joke of a league wouldn't even have a single champion? Of all the stuff I've read on MF over the years...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users